2 replies to this topic

#1 raidrboy

raidrboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 07:00 AM

What a great victory by Peter Lonard today, I don't think there would be one person who would begrudge him that victory. It just capped of a great year for him. I met Peter briefly a few weks ago and, he is a true sportsman and, gentleman in every sense of the word. Great going Peter.

I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them.

#2 jessos

jessos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 07:26 AM

Very true, it was a well deserved victory. A little disappointing that Scott couldn't make a few putts throughout the week. He would've fleet the field, had that been the case.

#3 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 08:48 AM

I only caught a CNN Sports report earlier about the Masters, but judging from the sports news posted over the internet, I think this is the tournament that SCOTT threw away.

Lonard did what he had to do to contend...a 66 on a final day is 'Tiger-like'!!! I look forward to seeing how he's gonna perform at Augusta...

I think Lonard deserved to win this year as reward for his great play/success in USA, but this Masters to me was lost by Scott unfortunately... :?

Mw...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users