Photo

Hey Brisso's Know anything about the 4bc Golf club?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gazgolf1

gazgolf1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1601 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 05:48 AM

Just wondering if any Brisvegans have heard of this club?,sounds a bit like Teamfore.
MacLeod have you heard any news?

#2 dean

dean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 06:13 AM

From what I gather listening to Greg Carey on BC this is
basically the same as Teamfore.
I'd assume you get Teamfore membership plus this extra BC club
membership.
What is it??$130ish?? plus you get a bag of gear worth $170ish??
First round is at RQ with Norman Von Nida as guest.
Anyone know the finer details??
Dean

#3 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:26 AM

hi gaz,
here's the word... :wink:

<startoffreeplug>
Developed in association with Teamfore Golf, Australia’s first national golf club, the 4BC Golf Club offers a wide range of benefits and savings for golfers of all levels.

In addition, we will be organising ‘member-only’ golf days, involving both media and sporting personalities, special ‘stay & play’ weekends, tickets to major sporting events and much more!

Receive a special gift valued at more than $150.00…

The cost to be a member of the 4BC Golf Club is only $132.00 per annum, which will pay for itself in no time when you take advantage of the savings. In addition, the first 150 members will receive a special Goodie Bag valued at more than $150.00, compliments of Precept and The House Of Golf.

Our first organised golf day which will be held on Friday 13th December at Royal Queensland Golf Club, with Norman Von Nida as our special guest.

To join the 4BC Golf Club call 1300 883 264
</endoffreeplugandwedidntgetpaidforthis>

Jason
iseekgolf

#4 gazgolf1

gazgolf1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1601 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 08:32 PM

Thanks Jason I will give them a call.

#5 damo

damo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 07:46 AM

Well I think the 4BC golf club has a couple of inherent problems to begin with -
1 - having Greg Carey as their spokesperson - surely the most boring person I have ever heard EVER!
2 - playing their inaugral game at Royal Queensland - c'mon guys really - although the course is always well presented it is dull dull dull - this place is really in the top 10 of forgetful places to play - to say it is overrated is an extreme understatement
3 - you get to play with media personalities - and this is supposed to be an incentive - **** wank ****
Damo

#6 MacLeod

MacLeod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:16 PM

I'm confused.

I have my final TEamfore day there on that day as well.

If i join the 4BC club is it still teamfore becuase for my renewal it's the same price but i don't get the goodies!

sign me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#7 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5258 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:31 PM

Damo

Ease up on the angry pills !

I'm surprised your name doesn't begin with "J"
Do you have a middle name ?

I like Greg C.
RQ is OK but geez mate, every course can't be a classic.

Keep it Real !

#8 Jimmy6

Jimmy6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 05:01 PM

Damo

I don't where you are coming from about RQ. Maybe you have a jealousy thing about it being "Royal".

I have played it only once and thought it was a seriously nice course even though I shot hundreds. Some very memorable holes and some excellent facilities except the Pro Shop - one of the worst I have seen at a good club.

Jimmy
8O

#9 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5258 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 08:00 PM

"J"immy

What was it you didn't like about the Pro Shop ?
Was it the fact that there was a pro in it ?
Wat it because there were club and balls and stuff to sell?
Was it because they collected you green fees before play ?
was it because it was close to the first tee and driving range ?

You're right...nothing good about it !

#10 damo

damo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 01:39 AM

Regarding RQ - I just think it is a very boring layout - My son goes to the golf clinics they have on there every month and the staff etc I think are first class - just a dull course to play!
Damo

#11 MacLeod

MacLeod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 04:31 AM

jeezus guys settle! smile.gif

ok, i liked getting the chance to access RQ the first time and shot a nice 37...so i liked the place.

The second time was better as the par 3 14th was in play, something missing the first time and it was a great visually intimidating par 3.

i do feel a little uneasy whilst there given it's history and members, but that's normal when i get access to private member courses. feel a bit like i don't belong...

that's part of the allure of these restricited access places for me, nice to see up close and then judge for myself.

The holes along the river were different both times due to varying wind condition so that was interesting. The mature trees on the courses were great as i haven't been on many other courses that are so established, so visually it was enticing.

i like to see any new course, but usually only bag it when i do shitehouse tongue.gif :roll:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users