28 replies to this topic

#16 Moe

Moe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7146 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:12 AM

Yeah thats my choice and I know what I was doing. So what?

Instead of criticise me what I did and what I used is not suitable, I rather contribute something more useful to the beginner by helping them start on the right track.

it's not criticism, but more a subtle hint that perhaps someone who cannot choose the correct clubs for themselves isn't well suited to providing advice on the best clubs for others.

#17 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5258 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:07 PM

What he said !!!

#18 andylo

andylo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE: Thommo @ Mar 20 2006, 10:12 PM

it's not criticism, but more a subtle hint that perhaps someone who cannot choose the correct clubs for themselves isn't well suited to providing advice on the best clubs for others.

Well mate I am sick of this "you don't know me..." talk...

Anyway, I know any golfer shouldn't use anything blade lookalike unless their handicap is 5 or below. But its my choice to use blade JUST because I can. But it doesn't meant I don't have the knowledge to advice other beginners and help them on the right track.

And at the end of the day if you think what I suggest Airswing is wrong, say so.

#19 Moe

Moe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7146 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:32 PM

it's hard to say. We don'tknow how he swings it or what sort of hand-eye coordination he has.

Anyway, I know any golfer shouldn't use anything blade lookalike unless their handicap is 5 or below. But its my choice to use blade JUST because I can. But it doesn't meant I don't have the knowledge to advice other beginners and help them on the right track.

completely agree, but do you make a habit of making the wrong choice simply because you can? Eve when you KNOW it's the wrong choice?

#20 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5258 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:34 PM

For goodness sake, we'll have me giving diet tips next and Smails giving out advice on marriage !

#21 andylo

andylo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE: Thommo @ Mar 21 2006, 09:32 AM

it's hard to say. We don'tknow how he swings it or what sort of hand-eye coordination he has.

completely agree, but do you make a habit of making the wrong choice simply because you can? Eve when you KNOW it's the wrong choice?

Thommo at the end of the day I am just a golf equipment HO. For me it means I use whatever I want to use regradless if I can use it or not, nor its suitable to my game to produce a better result. I buy what I want when I want.

By the way I sold the blade iron and using Callaway now. I don't like Cally, but its suitable to my game more. This time its a sensible choice rather than a "I can" thing.

I also agree we dunno Airswing's ability the alikes... but general comments like see a good club fitter for 1/2 set as starter is 99% correct. A good pro will see Airswing ability and recommend what he should be using, with the correcet length shaft, lie angle, type of head and thickness of grip he should be using. With that I am sure Airswing will start on the right track and improve his game faster then just buy a set of whatever that probably 90% wouldn't suit him at all.

I am just here to help him and its all about him for now, not me wink.gif

#22 Moe

Moe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7146 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:33 PM

i don't think a beginner should a see a club fitter until they have deveoped their game enough to have a semi consistent swing. Whats the point of getting clubs fitted to a swing that could be gone in a months time.

#23 andylo

andylo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE: Thommo @ Mar 21 2006, 11:33 AM

i don't think a beginner should a see a club fitter until they have deveoped their game enough to have a semi consistent swing. Whats the point of getting clubs fitted to a swing that could be gone in a months time.

And thats why I suggested 1/2 the set.

Beside there are a few "static" enough figure can be done just now. For example, shaft length. From what Airswing say his current club is too short for him and I believe thats regrading to the actual length of the club.

When you begin to do something like golf you need the gear anyway, like golf club. Instead of shopping blind why not pay a visit to something who mean to know it all?

I am sure whatever a club fitter suggest would be more helpful to Airswing's game than anything he bought blindly.

#24 Fishman Dan

Fishman Dan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3199 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE: andylo @ Mar 21 2006, 01:06 PM

I am sure whatever a club fitter suggest would be more helpful to Airswing's game than anything he bought blindly.

Because you've never bought anything blindly??

Scratchy - any luck on these? I've also got a set in the garage. Willing to sell for $5 cheaper than the price you get!

(Just kidding!)

#25 andylo

andylo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:23 AM

I would say I buy anything I like just because I like it.

#26 ScratchPlayer

ScratchPlayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE: Fishman Dan @ Mar 25 2006, 10:25 AM

Scratchy - any luck on these? I've also got a set in the garage. Willing to sell for $5 cheaper than the price you get!

(Just kidding!)

Dan,

Forgot I was selling them - just enjoying the banter over who could hit them and who couldn't...

They are going soon to a new home.

#27 ScratchPlayer

ScratchPlayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:21 AM

Now SOLD!!!

#28 Moe

Moe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7146 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 05:23 PM

woah, nearly cracked the 12 months for this sale!

#29 Fishman Dan

Fishman Dan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3199 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:57 PM

It only counts if you sold them on ISG though Scratchy wink.gif

Mine are still boxed and needing some loving if there is anyone out there kicking themselves over a missed bargain biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users