9 replies to this topic

#1 cam1998

cam1998

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 07:31 AM

I am sure many of you guys watching the PGA looked on in disbelief today like myself as badds carelessly missed that tap in on the first hole of the final round. Upon watching the Channel seven replay I believe that he had two goes at the ball before knocking it in with the third attempt. It was very hard to pick up at normal speed but watching in slow motion it appears that he had three stabs at it not two as he said. I thought I may have been seeing things but as I was actually taping the final round I replayed the footage over and over during the rain delay and I am convinced he had three attempts at that putt. If this is the case he has marked his card incorrectly and should have been disqualified. Interested to see if anyone else watching picked it up?

Cheers Cam1998

#2 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 06:53 PM

I don't know that I saw three in there Cam. Definitely two, but I did not see an air swing and I watched it quite a number of times (so that I can do the same thing when I'm playing comp of course laugh.gif ).

#3 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 12:49 AM

Well a mate was doing it today, tap in putts doing the 'Baddeley' on purpose...

He was too casual about the putt and it did cost him maybe the tourmanent and heaps of money...

I loved the 3 wood on the last...oh so close to the bleachers...

#4 Marcus

Marcus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 01:04 AM

Things like that makes me feel a little better when you see a pro doing it. Along with that did anyone see the duff chip that the Shark had on Saturday? Reminded me of the chip I had on the 10th at Keperra that same morning. You would have to think that he would only do that once every 1000 chips.

Back on Badds, it may be a little harsh but i think that it was really childish the way that he carried on yeseterday morning. I know that there is a great deal of pressure on these blokes but to see that really turns me off him. If it was one of your mates or your own child and you saw that you'd give them a good kick up the bum.

Even if he doesn't want to be he is a role model to kids. They see him carrying on like a spolit brat then they think that it is ok for them to do the same.

He is a great golfer and I know that he gives alot of his time for training camps etc but the majority of people don't see that - they only see what happens in a tournamnet.

#5 Dtrain

Dtrain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 02:36 AM

Well,

I agree with Marcus, Baddley did not do himself any favours with the terrible way be behaved when the going got tough. :roll:

Look, we are so very happy to take the good shots, even the ones that should not go in...Badds even had one of those with that chip from the fringe...so I believe that we should be quite happy to take the bad ones as well. :wink:

I know none of us likes the bad ones and we all lose it from time to time but Badds hung his head and mopped the hole round just about till he dropped that miracle in, then he smiled. I once read a article that woke me up a bit when it said, "You might be having a bad round and getting upset and carrying on, but the guy you are playing with might be having his best ever round and you are spoiling that for him." Think about it, I did, and I still have to remind myself sometimes about it.

Anyway, I just think he should have been a bit better behaved and I'll be surprised if he doesn't get fined somehow.

He'll also get a bit older and realise that had he kept his cool he would still have been in it.

See you on the Tee. biggrin.gif

#6 duke750

duke750

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 02:42 AM

I must admit I was a bit surprised by Baddeley's manner. I saw him on Thursday and Sunday and he gave me the impression that he was a real dickhead. I know that he is still young and that he has had some real success, but he carries on as if he was in the top 10, not ranked in the 250s.

#7 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5258 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 03:25 AM

Speaking of on-course behaviour, when was the last time you saw Sharkie SMILE on a golf course.
His mood is right out of the Karrie Webb book of "having fun".
I know the golf course is their office but geez, don't you think the odd smile would be in order ?

#8 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 08:15 PM

Well the Shark and Webb take the 'David Duval' demeanour on course...

#9 duckhook

duckhook

Suspect

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 08:28 AM

... and let's not forget Mr Surly himself, Tiger Woods !!

#10 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5258 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 08:27 PM

Sorry, but Sharkie's sour puss makes Duval and Tiger look like Bozo the Clown !

In fact, if he drains a long putt I think his expression is worse...he looks as if to say "how dare they haven't dropped like that all day".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users