8 replies to this topic

#1 BTPenterprises

BTPenterprises

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 10:26 AM

what can i say, his a character, good ol johny daly, hehe.

Hey i wouldve jumped in that lake anyday to get that putter, probably worth a few dollars!

#2 Jerry Springer

Jerry Springer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 07:01 PM

You mean what a brainless di**head! That makes two for three in disqualification and missed cuts when in Australia for tournaments. He is a great advert for for the anti-drugs campaigners, just think of the TV ad's, here's Big John winning the PGA before drugs & alcohol destroyes his already pea sized brain and voila! Here he is after the destruction and can rack up double digit numbers on one hole regularly, and send his clubs disappearing into the lake!

Sad really

#3 dean

dean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 07:49 AM

"You mean what a brainless di**head!"

John signed a contract agreeing to play.
He stuck to his word when really he should've
been at home grieving the loss of his mother.
fwiw
Dean

#4 damo

damo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 07:54 AM

sad hey? - not quite as sad as poor little badds.com and his petulant pathetic display today - oh dear life is so tough - doing what you love every day - just go and have a liitle tantrum it'll be ok - poor Aaron
- at least Daly has a personality!
Damo

#5 cam1998

cam1998

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 07:59 AM

I feel that the John Daly story is a very sad one. He is obviously a very talented and popular sportsman who has had many problems and addictions in his very short life that he has troubling controlling let alone overcoming.Big John has no where to hid, every time something happens in his life it is a news headline and it appears basically impossible from the guy to escape the spotlight and relax. I hope he can get himself back together and begin to enjoy life again and also maybe enjoy his golf.

#6 cazandpaul

cazandpaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 05:26 PM

John Daly is one player I would always go to watch - he has enormous talent and a lot of game (you don't win 2 majors by luck).

Some of his past misdemeanours can't be excused but having said that we generally only have the media's one eyed view of them.

This week John should have been at home with his family - it was only going to take one small incident to set him off and I can only imagine how I might react in the same situation.

Regards

Paul

#7 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 05:46 PM

Recently someone that works for me died unexpectedly and I found it very hard to concentrate on my job properly, no wonder big John was close to breaking point. I agree with the 10 grand fine but I wonder if Badds will cop the same amount for his club tossing antics, after all, it's not how far you tyhrow the club that consitutes teh amount you get fined is it??

#8 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 07:01 PM

No, judge, it's whether your putter reaches the water! laugh.gif

But seriously, Daly should have just gone home and grieved his mother's death. I'm sure organisers would have been understanding about the situation.

And Badds needs to grow up. Sure he was frustrated about the situation but he is still a role model to thousands of young kids and, whether he likes it or not, has a responsibility to uphold a certain etiquette on the golf course.

#9 naragah

naragah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 05:20 AM

maybe Badds should take a good look at himself and stop the self promotion a bit its ok to believe that your a superstar and have lots of self confidence unfortunitly when you tell everyone about it you usually place to much pressure on yourself when you make a mistake and the compund it tenfold thus creating a really embarrasing situation.

perhaps a few years on the drink and gambling could help history says with other golfers this does not work.

What is the answer Badds go and have a chat with A.Scott you could learn a lot from this young guy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users