12 replies to this topic

#1 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 08:25 PM

How nice to see a couple of guys being paid appearance money but still putting on a really good show.

#2 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 09:29 PM

Howell always plays well down here!

For some reason most of them do except for Daly...

#3 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 09:32 PM

So I'll put you down for Big John to win the PGA then, Rusty? laugh.gif

#4 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 09:40 PM

If he makes the cut hind0! laugh.gif

#5 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 09:47 PM

Agreed Hindo, they both played very well and were exciting to watch...along with the Aussies of course. I don't think even Appleby could have taken that away from them, especially as they both trounced him in the end. biggrin.gif

J

#6 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 11:24 PM

Both Howell and Beem seem like nice blokes, Beem especially seems to be one of those rare Yankees with an Aussies sense of humor.
Howell was saying he is trying to gain a bit of weight but cant seem to do it, perhaps I can get a job as his dietician and get him on the Bourbon and Hungry Jacks diet that I'm on, that will cure his weight problems! Of course his Liver and heart will pack it in but thems the breaks I guess!

#7 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 01:06 AM

Or JS, he could try my chocolate and pepsi diet - I had no problem adding a few kilos (but am now having to "work out" to lose them).

#8 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 02:34 AM

Well I read somewhere that Howell use to drink milkshakes before he sleep and also he would have one on his bed side table just in case he woke up in the middle of the night...

Is he trying to gain more weight and yards at the same time?

#9 John J Jones

John J Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2765 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 08:34 AM

Here's an idea. Rather than pay for a couple of guys from the US to ensure there are x number of Top 30 in the world or whatever the deal that Channel 7 has with the AGU, why not just put the $500,000 or whatever it costs into the prize pool and let the local guys loose. We have so much talent out there at the moment why are we wasting time dragging guys over?

If Badds.com, Adam Scott, Ogilvy, Allenby, Appleby, Lonard, Parry, Chalmers and about another 12 guys on the US and European Tours aren't enough to get people thru the gate then Charles Howell III isn't going to either.

JJ

#10 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 05:19 PM

I'm happy to see guys like Howell and Beem come over, guys with personality and ones reconized as the next big thing. Guys like Garcia and Marayama also fit the bill. Paying Guys like Kenny Perry, who no douubt is an excellent player and well worth watching, probably wont get people through the gate, you would be better off getting a Ty Tyron or a Boo Weekley, less credentialled players but with some kind of 'reputation' to live up too. Gat a few of the big hitters or the crazy dressers, after all how much intrest was generated on this forum alone over what Badd's and Howell were wearing! Perhaps I'll start dressing like a pyscadellic Pimp and I might crack it for a game with the big boys!

#11 damo

damo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 10:18 AM

Forget appearance money - use it towards a hackers televised tour - h/caps 18 and above only - real golf for the real world!!!! - all weekend golfers would watch in their millions to see the sliced drive / topped 3 iron / duffed SW etc etc etc - I think I 'm on to something here !!!!!!!!!
damoocow

#12 cazandpaul

cazandpaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 09:45 PM

Did any of you see how Rich Beem was dressed in Hawaii for the Grand Slam debacle? Hawaiian shirt, shoes and driver - spectacular.

He is like a breath of fresh air for professional golf and made Tiger, Davis and Justin look positively dowdy.

Pity Tiger kicked all their butts.

Regards

Paul

#13 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 09:49 PM

I think Tiger and Co should have followed Beem's lead and practiced 'relaxed' clothing for the 2 days...at least it would have made for better tv viewing.

but it's been reported on other sites that Beem's let success go to his head, and apperantly not working out as much as he was prior to his PGA win...
can you blame him???

Mw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users