#1 choco

choco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 02:58 AM

What a mob of wimps those pro's are!
The going got tuff and they run for the hills,the course was'nt setup to their liking, big deal if they were 3 or 4 putting,it was the most entertaining golf i have watched in a longggg time.Not like the at times boring U.S pga tour where they setup the courses so not to offend any of the players.
BRING ON THE CONCRETE GREENS! :x

#2 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 06:40 AM

Hmmm.. intesting choco, im the opposite I like to see heaps of birdies and eagles!

I wanna see more 59s!

#3 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 07:51 AM

Maybe somewhere in between 59s and 3 or 4 putts. The course shouldn't play too tough, but also should not play too easy. Scores around 3-4 under par make for a good tournament.

#4 naragah

naragah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 08:16 AM

ha ha 3/4 putts now they know how I feel !!!!

#5 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 11:05 AM

I too take the view of RV...
I belive that it i wanted to see ppl play around like club members, then all I have to do is follow a group on a Saturday Comp. Make the course tough if need be, but don't embarass them.

These guys are pros, and I would like to see them hit close iron shots, and hit 270m+ drives. This is what they get paid to do...it's their job.

Obviously not make the course too easy where 59s are the norms. During the debacle of the first round at the Open, C7 showed highlights of last year's open and the shootout btw laycock and apples, and I was still amazed at the iron shots both played. precision golf is more fun than watching 'british open' style golf where luck plays a factor. I know I can't play precision golf, so I like to watch ppl who can.

btw...these aussie open will not do the AGU any favours in trying to get sponsorship and international plays for 2004 and onwards. I wont be surprised if even some of the aussie playas baulk at the idea of coming back down in the near future. what a ###### up by the AGU. Such a national emberassment.

Mw. :?

#6 cam1998

cam1998

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 November 2002 - 07:28 AM

Speaking of embrassing how about Arron Baddley's pants today! He is kidding. There are only two reasons he would wear a pair of pants like that in public:
1. He came straight to the golf course from an all night bender and did not have any clothes to change into from his clubin gear. Or
2. He was so keen to hit balls this morning that he was up before sunrise and got dressed in the dark.
At first I thought there must have been something wrong with my TV but after trying to adjust the colour and brightness I realised it was just his pants. tongue.gif

#7 jessos

jessos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 November 2002 - 11:56 AM

Personally I thought Badds' pants weren't too bad at all. Different isn't necessarily bad. Also like to add that he was striking them sweetly today, particularly his drive on the 18th - It was a bomb!! Fortunately I had a first hand view.

#8 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 24 November 2002 - 08:51 PM

I couldn't stand Badds pants.. but I tell you what.. he equalled the course record with only hitting 4 fairways and 30 putts. that just shows how good his iron play is! great to see him getting his game back on course!

Cheers

Ben

#9 miike

miike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 24 November 2002 - 09:36 PM

Badds hit 17 out of 18 greens (or browns ) in regulation on saturday. He's back!
Didn't even notice Badds' pants...had my sunnys on in case the camera shot to Howell... now there's someone that gets dressed in the dark.

#10 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 12:06 AM

Do you think Howell is actually embarassed to wear some of the gear he does?

I think he goes to the closet in the hotel, closes his eyes and merely picks a shirt and pants, and a "sweater" if it's likely to be cold.

He puts them on in a hurry, avoids looking in the mirror and heads offf to the course, knowing only too well he looks stupid but secure in the knowledge he's getting a lot of bucks to wear thoe clothes.

Oh, and today Badds has white pants and a nice lilac coloured shirt.

#11 cam1998

cam1998

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 08:21 AM

As much as do not not rate Badds (he talks himself up too much for more liking just like the Man Mundine ) I have to agree his iron play was pretty hot on the weekend but I think he has to work on the speed he hits his short to medium range putts. To me he is hitting them to hard and is trying to take all the break out which is fine if they go in but if they catch the edge you get some nasty lipouts. I think he should stroke the ball like he done one the long snake he sank on the first today where he just died the ball into the hole. You look at the good putters in the game like Faxon and Roberts they have a good combination of both speed and break and if he wants to contend on the US tour he think he will need to improve that aspect of his game.

#12 sharkboy

sharkboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationNewcastle NSW

Posted 25 November 2002 - 11:25 AM

Yo Hindo

Maybe CHIII should borrow your three quarter wooshy pants... biggrin.gif

Combined with my new shoes he would be the envy of all. 8O

#13 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 06:48 PM

SB,

there's nothing wrong with a bit of whoosh every now and then. :wink:

#14 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 09:20 PM

I would love to wear what Howell wears!

Bring back flares!

Im not so sure about Badds stud belt, but the pants werent too bad, would of been cool if they were flares!

#15 ernie

ernie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 10:10 PM

What about Allenby's pink shirt. My eyes are still adjusting. Thought he might have had an audition for Hi-5 after his round!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users