6 replies to this topic

#1 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 10:10 PM

Ok.. No names to be mentioned in this thread.. just a general talk. What do people think of the way *some* women are starting to dress on the course? Personally I don't like it. I don't want golf being dragged into the gutter next to MTV (and tennis these days!) where "sex sells".. I think women are better than that and I think they can become who they are without reverting to it... also I suppose I'm from the opinion that golf is a game respect where respect plays a hudge role, and as part of that I see the way you dress as a sign of respect to the people around you.

Anyway thats just me .. smile.gif

Cheers

Ben

#2 heckler

heckler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 06:10 AM

Ben, your right ... it's just you tongue.gif

#3 JumpingJackFlash

JumpingJackFlash

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 08:41 AM

8O
Really Ben - at the end of the day, it's how they play - not what they are wearing that is important. Just remember, neck-to-knee swimsuits used to be the attire at the beach and now bikinis don't even rate a second glance anymore. Once we weren't even allowed to vote - fancy that! :? Golf just needs a chance to catch up with reality. Look at the "ability" and not the "look" of the golfer - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :wink: :wink: :wink: :oops: :wink: :wink: :wink:

#4 naragah

naragah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 09:59 AM

sex does sell and if the ladies can get some extra $$$$ somehow by getting some more exposure then so be it they work as hard as the men to be successful for one tenth of the reward.
So I say let it be 8)

#5 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 08:34 PM

Sorry Ben, but I have to agree with naragah here...sex sells and until every last man disappears from the Earth then i think it will not change...

Probably not good but that it the way it goes at this point in time biggrin.gif

J

#6 choco

choco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 08:06 PM

if they played nude womens golf,it would top the ratings on tv

#7 cazandpaul

cazandpaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 08:25 PM

Fashions change but ability counts - look at Jesper and Charles Howell.

I can also recall photos of pro golf in the 70's - how embarassing.

The Australian girls have been progressive through the years in bringing the game forward - Jan Stephenson, Nicole Lowien, Carlie Butler - go for it girls.

Regards

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users