7 replies to this topic

#1 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 06:27 PM

Every one must have a funny or strange TRUE story from a days golfing so I thoughht I'd get the ball rolling.

Playing at Drouin recently my Father in Law lost a ball in the rough, i spotted it from about 20 meters away but he insisted it couldnt be his as it went in a different direction. I walked over to this ball and he was right, it wasnt his but another lost ball...with my companys Logo on it. To make it more amazing I only ever had about 3 dozen balls made and that would have been 3 or so years ago!

I have a few more but lets hear from a few others as ewll.

#2 choco

choco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 07:37 AM

i took my young lad out to play 9 holes and it was a good chance for me to try out some new golf balls.
we played the back 9 at our club and on the 12th(par 4) i tried out a new maxfli noodle,the 12th has a sharp dog leg to the right,anyway i lost the ball.
we were coming up the 18th(par 5) and i hit my second shot just off the fairway in some light rough,as i walked up to my ball i caught a glimpse of another ball near the base of a tree a few meters away.
would you believe it was a brand new maxfli noodle.

#3 muza

muza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 08:46 AM

There is like this mega rich guy at our club, and he plays off about 40. He is also about 80 years old and has a battery operated cart. Did i mention he is deaf. Anyway we where playing the 12th at our club and he was plapying the 11th (Which is like a island green.) The 12th sort of runs paralell to the 11th.

Any way as we were walking to the green he had stopped and left his buggy facing the water and walked to the 11th green.
We then saw that his buggy was rolling ever so slowly towards the water, we yelled out to him and yelled out at the top of our voices. We even had time to run to his buggy. but it was to no avail. The buggy had fallin in the water. Sorry but this was the funniest thing we had seen. We were rolling aroung laughing while trying to halp get his clubs out of the water. We'll call this old guy Bert, any way to top it off, he was trying to dry his clubs with his very very wet towel...what a clssic

#4 jessos

jessos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 08:09 PM

Haha muza that sounds priceless!!

#5 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 01:04 AM

One very hot weekday I was playing with an older bloke as well. Our 12th hole had a temporary green and he did the same thing, parked his cart next to the green and walked off. the bag, buggy and clubs took off a a great rate of knots towards the drink. I tired to stop them but missed and his buggy flipped over sending clubs, balls etc all into the water. We retrieved most of the stuff and I then marked the spot it went in with a tee. After the round was over, I stripped to my jocks and dived in, retrieving all his missing clubs etc. He was very greatfull and very calm. I asked him, with a wry smile, if he had enjoyed his day, and to this point he had not uttered so much as the word bum in anger, he turned to me and stared me in the eye and said "Son, I'm never playing this F*****g game again!"
For weeks everyone at the club was calling me "The Waterboy"
It was pretty funny!

#6 Courty

Courty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 01:59 AM

A mate told me of a funny story that happened to him. He was playing in the major event of the year at my home club with a guy with a short fuse. I'll call him Barry (real name withheld). On the eighth, a 140m par 3 over water, Barry (real name withheld) put his tee shot short just in the edge of the lake. He decided to play it as it lay, sitting in mud with just the top of the ball showing. With his first swing, he moved the ball about an inch but managed to spray himself with mud smile.gif. After much swearing, Barry (real name withheld) tried a second time, managing to get the ball onto the green, but in the process covering himself with a secong layer of mud biggrin.gif. The rest of the gaggle were having a bit of a snicker at Barry (real name withheld) by now as he embarked round two of his expletives and wiped mud off. Then as he was walking backwards to line up his putt, he stepped back into a greenside bunker and fell flat on his back. Needless to say, his obscenities were heard from the clubhouse, as was the raucous laughter of the rest of his gaggle as they rolled around in stitches... laugh.gif

#7 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 02:04 AM

CLASSIC... biggrin.gif

times like that, u wish there was a camera...

Mw.

#8 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 06:42 PM

Unfortunately, this story has me as the knucklehead.

In last years Torquay Pro Am, I teed off first in our group which contained 2 pro's, one from Royal Melbourne and 1 from Ballarat and a Gentleman named Ken who had started the Torquay Pro Am many years ago. Shot Gun start had us on the 6th tee, a pretty straight forward drive with the only trouble a clump of Tea Tree about 20 meters directly in front of the tee. No prizes for guessing where my tee shot went... Anyway me and my mate Glen who was caddying for me went and found the ball, there was a hose and sprinkler directly in my path so Glen and Ken, the older gent, helped me move it so I could get the ball out. I had a restricted (read no) swing and proceeded to chunk the ball about 3 feet into more trouble. Once again the hose was directly in my line so Ken started to move it, I walked to my ball and had no shot at all and was feeling a little frustrated so I stood with my back to the hole and hit it out one handed facing the wrong way. I flushed it, right out of the middle of the club at a hundred miles per hour...right in to Old Ken's knee!
The crack sounded like a gun going off, the ball ricocheted back into more tea tree, Ken was hopping around like he had been shot, the Pro's were looking in disbelief as were the next group on the tee. Glen said to me "What are we going to do?" I said "Just pick the F*****g ball up!" After Ken regained his balance we totted off down the hole, the Pro's and Ken (limping) 20 meters ahead of me. Ken had a par as did the pro's and we headed for the next tee. This time I hammered one right down the middle and Bernie (The pro from Ballarat) said "Good Shot...This time!"
We ended up having a great day, I must have said sorry to Ken 500 times but as he was a real Gentleman he forgave me and I look forward to shouting him a beer this year, that is if he's not to scared to come near me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users