31 replies to this topic

#16 bradharro

bradharro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:13 AM

Milhouse, im thinking of heading down that way mid next year. what does it cost to play barwon heads and 13th beach and what days can non members play? brad

#17 niceshot

niceshot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

I actually am a memeber of 13th Beach and find it awesome. I just have a couple of connections at Barwon Heads and was just interested to know what peoples thoughts were.

#18 SJGC

SJGC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:26 PM

Thanks mate. : )

#19 McAllister

McAllister

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:14 AM

I wouldn't recommend the club to anyone. The members are stuck up and ride rough shot over the rest of the Bellarine Peninsular. The staff there are quite uppity - but for the most part, are not professional food and beverage staff.

#20 _Andrew_

_Andrew_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2337 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:21 AM

Yet again another first time poster making a randon complaint about a course. I hope you stay around for a few (hundred) more posts instead of being another one hit wonder.

#21 SJGC

SJGC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:04 PM

Did you actually play the course, McAllister ?

#22 jetset

jetset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:20 AM

Nah he works for the opposition......

#23 _Andrew_

_Andrew_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2337 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:45 AM

The members are stuck up and ride rough shot over the rest of the Bellarine Peninsular. The staff there are quite uppity

I’ve always found the members & staff at Barwon Heads to be very good judges of character. Seriously though, I have always been treated exceptionally well there by members & staff. It's a great course, a great club & a great place to stay.

#24 mma001

mma001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:37 AM

Barwon heads is a great course but 13th beach still rates better. Barwon heads is getting to short for today's technology. I remember the time before 13th beach opened up and I rang up for a game down there and they laughed at me for wanting to come and have a game there. It was strictly member only. Its funny when newer better courses open up next door their "rules" change. Quite easy to have a hit now but to expensive when 13th beach is such good value for money.

#25 ParkRoyal

ParkRoyal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

Just had a weekend down Barwon Heads/13th beach way for annual boys trip. We played BH on the friday, then 13th B (Beach) sat, 13th B (creek) sun and Lonsdale on monday. Of the lads that played all 4 days, Barwon Heads came out a clear number one and most would happily go and play it again, including myself. It does seem a bit old fashioned in some ways, but thats understandable with its history. But for mine, the course is what stood out, yes its shorter than most others, but I don't see that as a bad thing. Its still required you to make all sorts of shots. But for me it had a great 'fun' factor about it. We still enjoyed both courses at 13th beach, but found many holes, especially for social golfers, a bit of a slog and compared to BH, extremely over bunkered. Would certainly recommend Barwon Heads.

#26 armygolf

armygolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3786 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:43 AM

Just on this...whats to go with Greg Diesel Williams buying the Hawthorn suits at 13 th Beach golf resort and renaming them Barwon Head resort or something? Is it Barwon Heads or 13th Beach?

#27 voss

voss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1660 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:49 PM

Just on this…whats to go with Greg Diesel Williams buying the Hawthorn suits at 13 th Beach golf resort and renaming them Barwon Head resort or something?

Is it Barwon Heads or 13th Beach?

If you build it, they will come.

The article read like 13th Beach to me but not sure of the exact location. Maybe google maps could supply the answer !!

#28 peak_sy

peak_sy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1714 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

Definitely 13th Beach, about 200m from clubhouse.

#29 ParkRoyal

ParkRoyal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:05 AM

Isn't Diesel involved in the Lorne project aswell?

#30 armygolf

armygolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3786 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:30 AM

Definitely 13th Beach, about 200m from clubhouse.

thats it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users