#31 joinmeup

joinmeup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1532 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE: Jerry Springer @ Apr 21 2005, 02:17 PM

So we in fact don't have a reason, we just want to be on a more elite level than newbies. Very welcoming of us, and hardly likely to promote a positive vibe on our forums for new users. On that basis we might as well as go for admittance by nomination only, that would certainly keep out the riff raff!

Jerry

I can't imagine that a new forum member who came here because their interest is golf is going to feel they are being downtrodden by an elitist group because he can't put stuff straight up for sale. I certainly don't feel that way.

#32 miro67

miro67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE: 3oneday @ Apr 21 2005, 02:55 PM

Whadya need to buy ???

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

I want a Mizuno MP001 driver? Well...what's taking so long...huh???????????

#33 eddydem

eddydem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:56 AM

Just how many people are there who have over 50 posts. I have been a member from one of the very first days the site started. I check and read it on a daily basis but do not have many posts. Same could be said for some of my friends. The bottom line is that I do not have the necessary input to add to a post but enjoy reading and learning from them. I think alot of people would fall in this category.
If you are woried about people using the classifieds then you can have a yearly membership fee of $10 or $20 which entitles you to use classifieds and u could throw in other freebies. Just an idea

#34 marcel

marcel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1191 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE: eddydem @ Apr 21 2005, 05:56 PM

Just how many people are there who have over 50 posts. I have been a member from one of the very first days the site started. I check and read it on a daily basis but do not have many posts. Same could be said for some of my friends. The bottom line is that I do not  have the necessary input to add to a post but enjoy reading and learning from them. I think alot of people would fall in this category.

A solution for eddydem that also works for newbies (but does require some math)

Divide your # of posts by your member No., when the result is less than 80 you can sell.

This just gets simpler and simpler dont it blink.gif

#35 joinmeup

joinmeup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1532 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE: miro67 @ Apr 21 2005, 05:52 PM

He has too many posts and is overqualified to sell, this why there is a delay.

If you wish to speak to an operator please press 1 now
If you wish to hear this message again please press 1 now
If you wish to finish this call please press 1 now or just hang up...

#36 joinmeup

joinmeup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1532 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE: eddydem @ Apr 21 2005, 05:56 PM

Just how many people are there who have over 50 posts. I have been a member from one of the very first days the site started. I check and read it on a daily basis but do not have many posts. Same could be said for some of my friends. The bottom line is that I do not  have the necessary input to add to a post but enjoy reading and learning from them. I think alot of people would fall in this category.
If you are woried about people using the classifieds then you can have a yearly membership fee of $10 or $20 which entitles you to use classifieds and u could throw in other freebies. Just an idea

Stop being such a sponge and contribute a bit more Eddy!! mad.gif

Just joking with you Ed. laugh.gif

#37 3oneday

3oneday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE: miro67 @ Apr 21 2005, 05:52 PM

Miro, not that size matters tongue.gif , but c'mon mate, there are 3 to choose from blink.gif blink.gif shaft choice ?? how much you wanna pay ??

Time is relative to State Rail, or not tongue.gif mad.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

#38 nawotsme

nawotsme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:10 AM

Hi Folk. Well, as a new member who would have had a use for the classified forum I'm in a position i guess to speak on this topic. Certainly one of the features of the site which attracted me was the classifieds, however after reading this thread I can see that I wont be able to advertise my old clubs soooo. However, i can do so on ebay (so i'll do that) What I can say is that reading through the other forums has been informative and I will be calling back regularly to try and keep gleaning info to help me in my quest for a single figure handicap. Anyhow, I have 19 posts to go so i'd better get to reading some more of the forums to find ways to contribute (j/k biggrin.gif ) I do think Jerry had a point though when he mentioned the fact that it may attract others who are interested in golf to the site and who from there may investigate further and become regular visitors, certainly an element in that where im concerned. However, rules is rules so i'll play em where i lay em. Happy golfing Tony.

#39 3oneday

3oneday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE: nawotsme @ Apr 22 2005, 12:10 AM

I do think Jerry had a point though when he mentioned the fact that it may attract others who are interested in golf to the site and who from there may investigate further and become regular visitors, certainly an element in that where im concerned. However, rules is rules so i'll play em where i lay em. Happy golfing Tony.

Good on ya Tony, I think that is the right attitude, join a community, ease your way in, then get stuck in, nothing stopping newbies buying though I suppose dry.gif biggrin.gif

Pete

#40 ted.arlt.02

ted.arlt.02

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:58 AM

NUFF SAID. Jerry Springer is right...dead right.

Maybe the only thing a guy has worthwhile to contribute to this forum is a Y-cutter that's doing him no good.

I've bought and sold a couple of items through the classifieds here. Both transactions were with one-timers. Some people have other things to do with there time rather than post on golf forums but they can still ad value to the rest of us here if they've got something good to sell for a cheap price

If someone in VIC has something to sell I want to know about it and I'm happy to get an email every time something is listed.

Now I'll probably miss out on the guy who has an FT-3 Tour and wants to shift it quick and cheap laugh.gif

#41 Jerry Springer

Jerry Springer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:03 AM

Bebox, you've been silent as a mouse throughout this process. How many people asked you to do this, or something very similar?

There are currently roughly 1650 members of this webite, give or take a few. This measure leaves just under 330 of them eligible to sell clubs. So as far as I can see this is now a service for the priviledged few, I want YOU to tell me why this is such a great a move, because as far as I can tell, it has been implemented because a couple of grumpy old men got their knickers in a ruffle, and they complained to you. Are we letting a few control the many?

Well I am complaining straight back, and at least one other member agrees with me, remove this restriction.

Jerry

#42 3oneday

3oneday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE: ted.arlt.02 @ Apr 22 2005, 05:58 PM

Now I'll probably miss out on the guy who has an FT-3 Tour and wants to shift it quick and cheap laugh.gif

Ted, now that is amusing laugh.gif laugh.gif

Jerry,

run a poll

, or stop brow beating. tongue.gif or is that chest thumping ??? even better, run for

admin

blink.gif , really, this is a minor issue that you are trying to make a major one.

Pete biggrin.gif

#43 Jerry Springer

Jerry Springer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE: 3oneday @ Apr 22 2005, 09:08 PM

Ted, now that is amusing  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Jerry,

run a poll

, or stop brow beating. tongue.gif or is that chest thumping ??? even better, run for

admin

blink.gif , really, this is a minor issue that you are trying to make a major one.

Pete biggrin.gif

Any time you try to create tiers in a once flat group, you are creating an elite group. I dislike intensely the idea of saying to people "you're not good enough" and if you are,... well there is nothing I can do about that.

Also, if it was such a minor issue why did you get so wound up about it in the first place? blink.gif

Jerry

#44 ozero

ozero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1905 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE: bebox @ Apr 13 2005, 09:47 PM

Hi Everyone,
It is happening more and more that people are signing up just to sell their golf equipment here and not offering anything else. They sell their gear, make their money and move on.

We do not mind providing this service for free but would like to make sure that we are offering our regular users this service and not newbie users.

SO...

You must now have a minimum post count of 20 to place an ad here in the Classifieds. That way we know you have given something to the forums and no doubt helped someone or offered useful commentary.

We think that this is fair and hopefully rewards those of you who visit often and offer their time, which we really appreciate.

Posts from members under the 20 mark will be deleted.

Bebox

PS - Thanks to the recent suggestions by a few of our regulars about this topic.

QUOTE: bebox @ Apr 20 2005, 04:34 PM

It was actually suggested by several of our readers. Why should we provide a free way for someone to sell to the largest online golf audience in Australia when they are not offering anything to our forums. They come in once, sell an item and never return.

It costs a tremendous amount of money to run this site so we think it is fair that people need to give something back in return for us allowing them to make money.

20 posts is very little but at least shows you are offering soemthing to the community here.

Very sound reasons. You have my support Jason.

#45 Jerry Springer

Jerry Springer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE: dgstones @ Apr 22 2005, 09:18 PM

Very sound reasons. You have my support Jason.

Just note the last one one Ball Markers DG. The guy lives in the UK has this as his one and only post, and guess what? A couple of regulars are interested in dealing with him. That surely says we shouldn't just place a carte blanche ban on such people, they obviously DO add something to us as regulars!

Jerry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users