273 replies to this topic

#241 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:27 AM

Welcome MD - thanks for the feedback. All the reasons are in the thread so we won;t go over it all again suffice to say that a few bad eggs spoil it for the rest. Enjoy your stay and glad to have you in the ISG family

#242 tingayj

tingayj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:37 PM

I agree with the policy and have seen similar limits set on other other interest groups. at first it put me off, but then the extra pressure of needing the posts got me typing, I dont just bang away for no reason, but if I have something to add I do, before the need for a minimum post I would have stayed silent. I suppose the thing is, if you dont like the policy then you cant use the system. its your choice.

#243 Sarg

Sarg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1441 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:11 AM

It's a good idea and many other forums do the same or charge for the service.

#244 stevengturner

stevengturner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:59 AM

20 is fair but what if you are looking for golf equipment and not selling it. I read the forums and get involved here and there and wanted to ask about a shaft I wanted to buy but because I did not have 20 posts had to read through and make sensless coments. I need to make one more post before I can ask about my shaft.

#245 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:54 AM

thanks Steve - Unfortunately that's how it is, a few bad eggs spoil it for the rest.

#246 brettmaverick

brettmaverick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:02 AM

Steve, I think it's only 20 post minimum to SELL on the forum. I couldn't see any point to having to have a minimum post count before you can buy??? Brett

#247 Ditty

Ditty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4555 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:09 AM

Stupid idea!!!! This block will encourage some people to make silly comments etc just to get their 20 up! I came into the forum to to get answers and to contribute - since joining and after "only" 11 posts I have decided to sell my clubs... now I will just trade them at drummonds and someone will miss out on a nice set of TM's lt's at a better price than buying in a shop.

#248 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:37 AM

Thanks Ditty eight more gems like that and you could have posted your clubs....so near and yet so far.

#249 Ditty

Ditty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4555 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:44 AM

yeh - fanx Admin don't know where I got TM's from they're actually LT's - 7 to go :-) Go the storm!!

#250 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:58 AM

:) Storm - rugby league? The ISG boys are stuck in Adelaide for the Aussie Amateur where it seems the TV stations aren't aware League exists - some strange aerial ping pong sport on TV I hear.

#251 jblaz

jblaz

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:11 AM

Hi All, Having only taken up the great game of golf this year, i have been an avid reader of ISG and learning from the great informative post by other users - Thanks. As a new golfer, i get greater value in reading and learning from members post then contributing at this stage of my game.. But i guess this counts as number 1. I recently won a Callaway Stand bag and thought ISG would be the best place to sell it, but after reading this whole topic with fascination, i agree and disagree with the 20 post rule. Anyway, thanks everyone for all the great informative post for those of us only starting out in the world of golf.

#252 AC_Hacker

AC_Hacker

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:20 AM

I disagree with the concept of a minimum number of posts. What is negative about having clubs for sale on this site? If the site builds a reputation for having good clubs for sale surely it will increase internet traffic to the site? Isn't this how revenue is earned? Don't forget there are 2 willing parties to a transaction - seller and buyer. It's not just about the seller taking advantage of the site. In any event, who's to say one person's 20 posts are a better contribution than another's 3 or 4. Quality not quantity. Out of interest, my better half is allowing me to upgrade my clubs for my birthday - September. So I have been checking out all sorts of sites for gear. By the way - anyone recommend a good site for quality second hand balls?

#253 adlo

adlo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:02 AM

Squizzysgolf.com.au is great. He is also on Ebay as a seller. A lot of people will recommend him.

#254 Taylormademan1372662433

Taylormademan1372662433

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:52 PM

Just reading a few comments on this topic , And not beaning a new member but a retuning one and have found that my previous post history has been reset back to zero, And yes I've returned here to sell some stuff as I can't move on another site. So I have only three options , one is to put in 20 blah,blah,blah posts to get the 20 up ,2nd go looking for topics to comment on or start which will take some time, Or what about if I had 20 items to sell put in 20 posts in the classifieds, would that get me over the 20 post min, Either way yes it is good way for the long term member but on the other hand it could scare off those who want to just sell stuff and become a long time member .

#255 muntz

muntz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:38 PM

Can't imagine you would have to wait longer than a week to get 20 posts up. You can post your player profile, respond to a few friendly welcomes, enter the tipping, find some interesting topics to "blah blah" and you're there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users