161 replies to this topic

#151 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:30 AM

The guy who owns it must consume about half of everything he produces by the look of him and will undoubtedly be sporting a

bug harry

when you get there.

Please explain?

#152 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE: Jack @ Jan 16 2006, 06:22 PM

Tithers, remember to make sure that your mates order their brekky before using their mobile phones wink.gif We dont want any tantrums now, do we laugh.gif

You mean the bloody things work east of Bridport? laugh.gif

#153 peanuts

peanuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5349 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:48 AM

brummer, Northbridge may be bad, but it's not the worst. Did you ever play Lane Cove?

#154 AndyA

AndyA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1609 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:14 AM

tithers, I didn't have time to check it out, but apparantly if you go past the golf course and continue on the road out of Bridport, you'll see things which remind you of Deliverance! I expect a full report when you return.

#155 Uncle_Leo

Uncle_Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7928 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE: AndyA @ Jan 16 2006, 07:14 PM

tithers, I didn't have time to check it out, but apparantly if you go past the golf course and continue on the road out of Bridport, you'll see things which remind you of Deliverance! I expect a full report when you return.

Henry, its true (although i understand this young lad has just been recruited to join Northern GC colts team)

IPB Image

#156 the_unreal_jeffrey

the_unreal_jeffrey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1928 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:35 AM

Tithers,

I saw a brochure at launceston Airport for what looks like Australia's best mingolf course (definetly Top 5 atleast). It looks to be about a 10 minute detour on the trip up to Bridport. I am puttting you and your merry team in charge of the discovery party.

Report back.

#157 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE: Jeffrey @ Jan 16 2006, 08:35 PM

Tithers,

I saw a brochure at launceston Airport for what looks like Australia's best mingolf course (definetly Top 5 atleast). It looks to be about a 10 minute detour on the trip up to Bridport. I am puttting you and your merry team in charge of the discovery party.

Report back.

If I don't get lynched for the suggestion, umm, will do.

And the caddies. Anyone tested one out or got a name to ask for who is brilliant? I'd take the senior option.

#158 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE: Jack @ Jan 16 2006, 07:20 PM

Henry, its true (although i understand this young lad has just been recruited to join Northern GC colts team)

IPB Image

Be nice Jack, that's my Brother, Cousin and Uncle!

#159 brummer

brummer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE: judgesmails @ Jan 16 2006, 06:30 PM

Please explain?

Sorry judge that should say Big Harry (Hangover)

Peanuts: I have played Lane cove a few times and yes it is also very bad. I just find that the members at Northbridge have this near universal delusion that there's is a decent track - no make that great track. I know McKenzie says memebrs will always have the rose coloured glasses on about their own dung heap but these guys rate their course up there with the best in the land. I think there sole criteria for the merits of a golf course is the suburb it is located in and how long one must travel from Mosman to get there.

Put Northbridge, Lane Cove and Chatswood together and you have the makings of a great mini tour - the North Shore Mickey Mouse championships. The way the Aussie tour is heading it could be a chance by 2009. Perhaps we could ask everyones mate Colin to take charge. Seems like an appropriate appointment.

#160 ThanksForAllTheFish

ThanksForAllTheFish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1852 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:34 PM

Sorry judge that should say Big Harry (Hangover)

If you'd said Bug Herry our NZ friends could have translated smile.gif

#161 vjay03

vjay03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:35 PM

Have tried a number of routes to BB and back. Easily the best road and easiest drive (for driver and passengers) is the east Tamar road as described earlier and the turnoff before Georgetown. A friend did the winery tour of the west Tamar and raved about the Sav. Blanc in that area. This road is also ok and as mentioned cross at the Batman Bridge. The breakfast is good and a relaxed pace to start the day. Straight forward dining at the club and adequate wine list to suit the fare. Quality dining outside?? Not sure (always just managed to get off the course after a long day and have not bothered to venture further) but perhaps the resort might be an option or perhaps ask if there is anything in Scotsdale. Brett (pro) is from there so he would know. Pipers Brook appeared to have a very nice setting for lunch. BTW did you play any of those western vic courses last year.

#162 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE: vjay03 @ Jan 17 2006, 11:35 AM

BTW did you play any of those western vic courses last year.

Played Hamilton (reviewed it on here), saw and liked Heywood and walked part of Portland. I don't think either of the latter are better than Hamilton, which is a tad underwhelming in spots but has excellent green complexes that are more diverse in style than most country examples. Edenhope is actually a lot more pleasant too than I thought would be possible that far from civilisation. Reminds me of Lucindale.

That all said, if I lived less than an hour from Port Fairy, I'd pony up the $350 and make that my home club and laugh loudly.

Many thanks all for Barnbougle help. Just the caddy questions left now.

Is it worth getting a bag man?

I'd likely go the senior ($65) option, but I'd like to know exactly the difference between that and a regular caddy.

Do they carry or wheel?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users