4 replies to this topic

#1 jockotaylor

jockotaylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 04:29 PM

All summer long, when the course is crowded, when you are held up at Par 3's, when you are assisting/directing lost visitors, I have been longing for winter golf. Two or three holes between matches, no rush, crisp fresh air, a warming dram at the 19th. Well Friday was the start of it. With an 8:30 tee time there was frost on the fairways. By the 3rd my cart had built up a layer of frost on the wheels about 8 mm thick. On the 6th tee, high above the town, the wind was gale force and the chill factor felt like -10°C. How I longed for summer golf again. Are we fickle or what?

#2 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 06:50 PM

We had force 10 gales on Saturday, I hit 3 wood off the tee to the 275 meter par 4 16th and left it a foot off the green, the next hole, which runs in the opposite direction, I hit driver, driver, 5 iron and was pin high off the green...it was a long day!

#3 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 09:23 PM

Wow jockotaylor, that sounds a little cold for my liking...I won't complain now about the 33 degree heat we had on the weekend here in Queensland then I suppose biggrin.gif

#4 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 09:31 PM

When I was in the USA in Feb I was playing in -6°... was dam cold smile.gif

Ben

#5 jockotaylor

jockotaylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 07:30 PM

Played golf yesterday morning, 9 am, in the rain, and my partner and I had the course to ourselves. Other than the green staff there was not another soul out there. I am not talking monsoon weather either. I had a showerproof top on but not full waterproofs. Now I remember why I like winter golf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users