Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE: dgstones @ Jan 16 2005, 11:29 PM

Booked the airfares on the internet...

What a bargain

...$ 90-00 each, all inclusive from Melbourne to Launceston return.

Good deal. I'm heading there as well Mar 11-14. Got jetstar flights direct Brisbane to Launceston for $197 return. Not Bad!! smile.gif

Not my first trip to Tassie. I was there in August '04 and stayed for 10 days. Played Launceston and Tasmania. Nice courses, but I'm hoping it'll be a bit warmer this time around.

Looking forward to hearing your review. Good luck - have a great time!

#17 wrosloketr

wrosloketr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:12 AM

[B]

QUOTE: dgstones @ Jan 17 2005, 02:55 PM

Here's a little gem of a place that will be included in the itinerary

www.ausgolfmuseum.com

rolleyes.gif [FONT=Geneva]
Looks as though all the Aussies are going to Tassie.
Chocolate Factory,Museum,Barnbougle,restaurants. "Ya Laughing"
Was the best kept secret until now. "darn It"

#18 Romper Chomper

Romper Chomper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:27 AM

For those that just want to go down for the day there is this option, which is a day trip from moorabbin airport BARNY DAY TRIP

I did this a few weeks ago and had a great day, you fly from moorabbin to the gravel landing strip accross the road from Barnbougle, play your game have some lunch (man that clubhouse is just ohmy.gif ) and are back at Moorabbin by 5pm. Probably the most fun golf day I've ever had. smile.gif

#19 ozero

ozero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1905 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:29 AM

Found another item for the travel itinerary

cascade beer.com biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#20 ozero

ozero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1905 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE: Romper Chomper @ Jan 17 2005, 09:27 PM

For those that just want to go down for the day there is this option, which is a day trip from moorabbin airport  BARNY DAY TRIP

I did this a few weeks ago and had a great day, you fly from moorabbin to the gravel landing strip accross the road from Barnbougle, play your game have some lunch (man that clubhouse is just  ohmy.gif ) and are back at Moorabbin by 5pm.  Probably the most fun golf day I've ever had. smile.gif

Great to hear

RC

Tell me this. What condition is the course in ?

#21 ozero

ozero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1905 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:51 AM

Must consider the wife wink.gif

Cadbury Chocolate Factory.com

#22 Romper Chomper

Romper Chomper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE: dgstones @ Jan 17 2005, 08:34 PM

Great to hear

RC

Tell me this. What condition is the course in ?

Great considering it had only been opened a few weeks. The first couple of holes were fairly poor condition but the fairways and greens gradually get better. The back nine holes are in perfect nick. The greens were very dry the day we played, but could see that in a few months it will be a perfectly conditioned course. When we played they had no rakes in the bunkers (I wish the did) but the fellow in the shop said they were going to change this policy.

#23 wrosloketr

wrosloketr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE: dgstones @ Jan 17 2005, 08:51 PM

Must consider the wife  wink.gif

Cadbury Chocolate Factory.com

Chocolate factory is getting to be like a golf course, with a dress code, would you believe.

#24 spooky

spooky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE: Romper Chomper @ Jan 17 2005, 08:27 PM

For those that just want to go down for the day there is this option, which is a day trip from moorabbin airport  BARNY DAY TRIP

I did this a few weeks ago and had a great day, you fly from moorabbin to the gravel landing strip accross the road from Barnbougle, play your game have some lunch (man that clubhouse is just  ohmy.gif ) and are back at Moorabbin by 5pm.  Probably the most fun golf day I've ever had. smile.gif

Romper, what was the flight like?? That plane looks pretty small to me... blink.gif

Sounds like a good way to do it though. I have been down for the day a few times now flying Jetstar but it is a very long day with the parking, organizing a hire car (although budget has $35 cars) drive from Launceston and back. Might give this option a go if I can reason away my fear of flying in small planes.. unsure.gif

#25 ozero

ozero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1905 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:31 AM

Check out this historic site

Port Arthur.com

I have booked for 2 nights within the precinct.

#26 spooky

spooky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE: dgstones @ Jan 17 2005, 09:31 PM

Check out this historic site

Port Arthur.com

I have booked for 2 nights within the precinct.

Been nice knowing ya... unsure.gif

#27 brummer

brummer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE: dgstones @ Jan 17 2005, 09:29 PM

Found another item for the travel itinerary

cascade beer.com  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

dgstones,

You might be better off trying the Boags Factory for beer as it's in the middle of Launceston which is much closer to Bridport. I did the tour there a couple of years back and it was free at J Boag and Sons (you get a couple of stubbies to try at the end as well). I have also done the Cascade tour (which is in a much nicer setting down in Hobart) but had to pay for that one (about $12-$15 from memory) and only got a couple of 7 oz beers at the end.

AH heck, do them both !! Too much beer is barely enough.

Make sure you buy a shirt or reversible polar fleece vest as well from Boags. Not only will you get a great piece of clothing with the Boags logo on it, but you will have something to keep you warm if the breeze gets up at Barny. Oh yeh, and my company supplies all their stuff as well smile.gif . And tell Cascades that their gear isn't as good as Boags smile.gif smile.gif

#28 ozero

ozero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1905 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:44 AM

Brummer

Thankyou for your advice. One must never overlook the essentials of life biggrin.gif

boags beer.com

#29 ThanksForAllTheFish

ThanksForAllTheFish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1852 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:21 AM

Spooky says

Might give this option a go if I can reason away my fear of flying in small planes..

Funny how things change. Before I got my pilot's license I was scared stiff of small planes. After owning one for a while I went on a Virgin flight to Cairns and was terrified of what the guy at the pointy end was doing. I nearly wet myself on the way back coming into Bris Vegas. The guy was all over the place on final.

#30 Romper Chomper

Romper Chomper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE: spooky @ Jan 17 2005, 09:18 PM

Romper, what was the flight like??  That plane looks pretty small to me... blink.gif

Sounds like a good way to do it though.  I have been down for the day a few times now flying Jetstar but it is a very long day with the parking, organizing a hire car (although budget has $35 cars) drive from Launceston and back.  Might give this option a go if I can reason away my fear of flying in small planes.. unsure.gif

The flight we had there and back was smooth as silk, it is a very comfortable 6 seater plane. I worked out I would save $100 if I flew jetstar but figured for the extra money (the day trip costs $380 all up) it was a much more civilized option.

The pilot is a low handicap golfer and knows his way around Barnbougle and so does Rod the golf pro who goes down as well. So between the two of them they guide you around the course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users