788 replies to this topic

#781 brettmaverick

brettmaverick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:49 AM

Come on brett! Almost down to a playing cap of 3! Any plans for a traineeship?

Currently at Stage 0 - Waiting for yellow book to arrive.

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

I'm a bit old for that mate! We'll see how things are in a few more years when I qualify for seniors. Cheers Brett

#782 frankyb

frankyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2331 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:12 AM

How did you go today Brett. Good to see Gibbo. MrC, I'll fight you for that title.

#783 MrConsistency

MrConsistency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3495 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:06 AM

Ahh fair enough Brett. And franky, it is a title you can have, I wanna win!!

#784 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:10 AM

Geez i feel sorry for you guys. How long is it since you won anything on a golf course. This includes ball rundown & ntps.

#785 MrConsistency

MrConsistency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3495 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:13 AM

05/01/08 was my last win (medal). Dunno about the last ball, but 5 months after like 4 in 2 months means business has slowed down :-(

#786 frankyb

frankyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2331 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:07 AM

LMAO, so do I, the last thing I want to win is the NAGA.

#787 brettmaverick

brettmaverick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:27 AM

How did you go today Brett.

No good today mate. My opponent had snuck his way down to 12 and was in as good a form as I was leading into today, so I was giving him eight shots. Neither of us played very well and we walked off the 14th all square. At that point, we caught up with a couple of obviously very new golfers. They took nearly 15 minutes to play this 170m par 3. Needless to say, when I finally did get to tee off, I hit a shocker. Of course, my opponent managed to squeeze one onto the green (with driver, mind you!) and I just missed getting up and down from 40 yards to give him an easy win on a non-stroke hole. I had to give him strokes on 16 & 18 and knew I couldn't afford to give him an easy hole like I just had. He parred 16 and my birdie putt lipped out, another hole to him and suddenly I'm dormie two down! Did win 17 with a good par from a greenside bunker to take it to the last, then hit the worst drive I've hit off that tee in about 3 years, way right landing in top of a blackboy (or grass tree for the politically correct!). I ended up making a pretty good bogey from where I was, but he had a shot on the hole and just bundled a couple up the middle, duffed his chip just onto the front of the green and three putted from there, but it gave him a half and a 1 up win. The last four holes behind the newbies took nearly 1 hour & 20 minutes. My driving was really off today and that just put too much pressure on the rest of the game. I didn't lose a hole when I drove in the fairway, but that was only 4 times. Never mind, there's always tomorrow!! Brett

#788 WGibbo

WGibbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:40 PM

Once again played well yesterday arvo at Burglars (9 hole stableford) had 23 points, lost on a countback. Missed a 1.5 foot birdie putt on the 8th, pulled the putt 15cm left of the hole. You get that, the Beam & cola tasted good afterwards. Donated my chook to the vice captain's family as he hasn't won a chook for 12 weeks. My good deed for the week. Each week you win a chook, lose 1 full stroke off Burglars h/cap, down to 23 next week. All I need to do is convert my Thursday form and put together 2 lots of decent 9's together on weekends which doesn't seem to happen at the moment. Maybe I'm more relaxed mid-week.

#789 WGibbo

WGibbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:19 PM

Maybe not... Last night won the NAGA at Burglars with 6 stableford points, wiped the first 3 holes and the 6th, two of which I get 2 shots on, lost 3 balls and lost count of how many hazards my ball entered. Worst I've ever played, had a Barry Crocker. In holiday mode already finished work 2pm yesterday, playing 4BBB matchplay in a couple of hours, need to play the round today or forfeit as I'll be away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users