• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LindaBeva

LindaBeva

Suspect

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 11:37 PM

So first hole on my course is a par 5, 478 yards. It’s dead straight, with water hazard to your left at 420 yards and bunkers behind the green. Wide fairway, deep but wide rough.

I’m a 36hcp, and would be nice to compare with your thoughts. I hit about 170 yards with my driver, then about 130-150 with my 3w, then I **** it up trying to get on green and end up shoting 7-9 strokes lol.

#2 LindaBeva

LindaBeva

Suspect

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 08:14 PM

So first hole on my course is a par 5, 478 yards. It’s dead straight, with water hazard to your left at 420 yards and bunkers behind the green. Wide fairway, deep but wide rough. 192.168.1.254

I’m a 36hcp, and would be nice to compare with your thoughts. I hit about 170 yards with my driver, then about 130-150 with my 3w, then I **** it up trying to get on green and end up shoting 7-9 strokes lol. 10.0.0.0.1

issue got solved

#3 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3831 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 11:01 PM

issue got solved

driver......5ir.....5ir.....short club on......always take more club that you need and hit easy......always using FLW on every shot

I am NOT a teacher, coach.
Iam a LEARNER
What I post here is either from the book,OR what I have learnt from it.
You dont like it..fine....dont read it ....SIMPLE

#4 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3831 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 11:13 PM

issue got solved

Cupboards a bit bare around this forum of late,but in the past,a lot of good people have shared a lot of good stuff,do your self a favour and research the forum for TGM......the golfing machine....couple of guys here are well versed in it....it could save you a lot of pain .........look for basics first,imo ..you can get a decent swing and game from the basics.........keep in touch LindaBeva

I am NOT a teacher, coach.
Iam a LEARNER
What I post here is either from the book,OR what I have learnt from it.
You dont like it..fine....dont read it ....SIMPLE

#5 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5169 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 07:08 PM

Have you heard of DECADE by Scott Fawcett or Lowest Score Wins?

Basically a low handicap player wants to advance the ball as far as you can but as safely as you can.

Fawcett wants the landing area to be 65 yards wide because even the best players spray their shots - a shotgun, not a sniper's rifle.

So if I was deciding how to play that hole I'd hit driver and long iron most likely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users