7 replies to this topic

#1 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3793 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 11:05 AM

What is it,and how do we use it in our swing?

I am NOT a teacher, coach.
Iam a LEARNER
What I post here is either from the book,OR what I have learnt from it.
You dont like it..fine....dont read it ....SIMPLE

#2 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2617 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 20 October 2020 - 11:55 AM

What is it,and how do we use it in our swing?

My take is that Velocity power happens when the kinetic energy in a club is used to accelerate the golf ball. The amount of energy transferred from the club to the ball, during the impact interval, would be the transfer power.

How does that sound?

#3 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3793 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 06:43 PM

Not bad... John...#2 velocity power,uncocking left wrist down plane and #3 PA......I have had trouble in the past with #3,not quite understanding fully how it worked UNTIL,the other day someone explained the action in very simple manner.......hitch hike action,i tried it with immediate better distance and control wasnt bad either

Iam a LEARNER

#4 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2617 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 20 October 2020 - 07:45 PM

Not bad... John...#2 velocity power,uncocking left wrist down plane and #3 PA......I have had trouble in the past with #3,not quite understanding fully how it worked UNTIL,the other day someone explained the action in very simple manner.......hitch hike action,i tried it with immediate better distance and control wasnt bad either

Brownie,

you need club acceleration, not velocity. Without acceleration, you can’t have lag pressure. The problem with most hackers like me is we don’t feel lag pressure because we aren’t accelerating the club thru impact.

• BROWNMAN likes this

#5 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3793 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 08:24 AM

Jack,My acceleration is there from the start of downswing to the full uncocked position in d/swing (hopefully),but its not the end of its downward and forward travel ,this is where resulting transfer power comes in,its the endless belt effect taking place  big wheel  V small wheel.....                                                                                                                                                                                       (1) Endless Belt - Increased Belt Speed - YouTube

Edited by BROWNMAN, 21 October 2020 - 08:42 AM.

• Jack_Golfer likes this
Iam a LEARNER

#6 Devongolfer

Devongolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1308 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 05:04 PM

That youtube is from our old buddy, Anthony Taggart, the Swing Engineer.

I support his efforts to translate TGM into easier to understand formats.
  • BROWNMAN likes this

#7 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2617 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 22 October 2020 - 10:44 AM

That youtube is from our old buddy, Anthony Taggart, the Swing Engineer.

I support his efforts to translate TGM into easier to understand formats.

IMO, he is the go to man if you want a good TGM reference.

#8 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2617 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 22 October 2020 - 10:52 AM

Jack,My acceleration is there from the start of downswing to the full uncocked position in d/swing (hopefully),but its not the end of its downward and forward travel ,this is where resulting transfer power comes in,its the endless belt effect taking place  big wheel  V small wheel.....                                                                                                                                                                                       (1) Endless Belt - Increased Belt Speed - YouTube

Brownie,

my interpretation of the endless belt is the pivot is the large pulley and the release is the small pulley. Amateurs have an early release ( not quite so small pulley) and pros have a late release (very small pulley). 

Release is all about extension and by default, acceleration, assuming a constant pivot rpm. It’s critical that full extension is not reached before impact, when deceleration occurs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users