2 replies to this topic

#1 HappywithPar

HappywithPar

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 09:53 AM

Morning All, 

I am about to move to Melbourne in 2021, I love my golf and play at least three times per week.  I regularly play Lakelands and the Glades on the Gold Coast and Pacific in Brisbane (I'm sure some of you would have visited and played one or more of those courses), I would like to find a course or courses in Melbourne I can join/play regularly, that offer fairly wide fairways, motorised carts and are reasonably priced, I also prefer softer greens.  I'm 50 and my handicap is 3-4 on average over the course of the year. 

Any advice on your local courses would be greatly appreciated, plus I would like to meet some people to make up a foursome weekly. 

#2 Crankyscott

Crankyscott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 02:08 PM

The wide fairways of the "sandbelt" clubs won't align with your other needs - these courses usually play on the faster/harder side condition wise, and generally you need a medical certificate to play in a cart for competitions. They are also at the higher end of the market price wise.
Location matters as well in terms of where you will be living of course.

#3 Bogey Golfer

Bogey Golfer

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10214 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 05:18 AM

Morning All, 

I am about to move to Melbourne in 2021, I love my golf and play at least three times per week.  I regularly play Lakelands and the Glades on the Gold Coast and Pacific in Brisbane (I'm sure some of you would have visited and played one or more of those courses), I would like to find a course or courses in Melbourne I can join/play regularly, that offer fairly wide fairways, motorised carts and are reasonably priced, I also prefer softer greens.  I'm 50 and my handicap is 3-4 on average over the course of the year. 

Any advice on your local courses would be greatly appreciated, plus I would like to meet some people to make up a foursome weekly. 

The wide fairways of the "sandbelt" clubs won't align with your other needs - these courses usually play on the faster/harder side condition wise, and generally you need a medical certificate to play in a cart for competitions. They are also at the higher end of the market price wise.
Location matters as well in terms of where you will be living of course.

Hi Happy

let us know what area of Melbourne you will be located.

North South East or West.

there are a number of links style courses in these areas .

some great park style courses so dont discount these as options.

• HappywithPar likes this

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new to Melbourne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users