Photo

Golf Is Back On In Victoria! (Within 25Km...)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 V205

V205

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:42 PM

Hi ISGers!

Can't believed I joined ISG in 2006 and been off for the past 10+ years or so. It was great to find this group and play around some courses during those earlier ISG days.

During few months of lockdowns,  I've managed to practice a bit on some empty fields and watching the latest golf instructions on youtube and rebuild the swing from ground up and I'm ready to give golf another shot! (famous last words?)

Looking forward to meeting some new people here and even more so to see any familiar faces from 15 years ago!

I think I was playing off hcap of 15-18 during the ISG comps and had won and lost some matches. :)

Living in Mt Waverley now.

Long and straight!

#2 Bogey Golfer

Bogey Golfer

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10214 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 05:49 AM

Hi ISGers!

Can't believed I joined ISG in 2006 and been off for the past 10+ years or so. It was great to find this group and play around some courses during those earlier ISG days.

During few months of lockdowns,  I've managed to practice a bit on some empty fields and watching the latest golf instructions on youtube and rebuild the swing from ground up and I'm ready to give golf another shot! (famous last words?)

Looking forward to meeting some new people here and even more so to see any familiar faces from 15 years ago!

I think I was playing off hcap of 15-18 during the ISG comps and had won and lost some matches. :)

Living in Mt Waverley now.

Long and straight!

welcome back V205.

Golf is back but some of us live more than 25 km from our courses, in my case my course is outside DANSWALL, so cannot go and play.

Will still play at local courses paying Green fees.

PS V205, A lot of the boys and girls now migrated over to Live4Golf site with Madam.

This is where the announcements for the games will be.

We have had no ISG games this year, but one is scheduled for November at Yering.

If we are not still leg roped to 25km then this game will prob go ahead.

hope to see you there.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#3 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3936 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:14 PM

V, welcome back.
That's a decent absence of 10+ years, maybe a new lockdown record in Victoria :)

Geoff if you had to be within the 25km range of your club for a work related reason, then you could play during the same day, then it is permissible and okay to play golf at Langy !
Just organize a way to make it happen, can't be that hard mate...

#4 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25761 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 20 October 2020 - 07:41 AM

V, welcome back.That's a decent absence of 10+ years, maybe a new lockdown record in Victoria :)Geoff if you had to be within the 25km range of your club for a work related reason, then you could play during the same day, then it is permissible and okay to play golf at Langy !Just organize a way to make it happen, can't be that hard mate...

1. He has retired.
2. Langy is outside the 'wall of steel'. Langy, like Warra, will not allow metro members to play.
Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club
People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
West Gippsland Veterans Champion 2017 & 2018
Olinda Golf Club B Grade champion 2018
Warragul Country Club C Grade champion 2019

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users