9 replies to this topic

#1 harty1au

harty1au

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:19 PM

I'm looking for a handheld device to measure distance of each shot. I use hole19 on iphone and have a rangefinder. I have seen Garmin have a device that will measure actual distance (not just distance to the green). It need not be a "bells and whistles" unit. Any suggestions?

#2 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25757 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 23 July 2020 - 09:00 PM

There are apps that will do that.

Or you could buy one of those systems where you insert a sensor into each club and the associated app records everything, including stuff-ups.
Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club
People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
West Gippsland Veterans Champion 2017 & 2018
Olinda Golf Club B Grade champion 2018
Warragul Country Club C Grade champion 2019

#3 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3923 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:25 AM

Bushnell...

#4 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:35 AM

There are apps that will do that.

Or you could buy one of those systems where you insert a sensor into each club and the associated app records everything, including stuff-ups.

Like Arccos. The only downside, other than the price, is that reality is brought home that your shot distance is no where what you think it was.

I can spell reasonably well, even if in American at times. I cannot type well , so please look for the key I intended to use within one key of the strange one I used.

#5 Bogey Golfer

Bogey Golfer

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10196 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 05:26 AM

Precision Pro NX7 range finder.

On special from Golf Clearance outlet.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#6 Bogey Golfer

Bogey Golfer

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10196 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 05:28 AM

Like Arccos. The only downside, other than the price, is that reality is brought home that your shot distance is no where what you think it was.

I would think, knowing your exact shot distance with each club was on the upside not the downside.

Edited by Bogey Golfer, 27 July 2020 - 05:29 AM.

• xrman1954 likes this

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

#7 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:01 AM

I would think, knowing your exact shot distance with each club was on the upside not the downside.

Yes and no. Your ego says , " you hit this club X metres at the  range", but in reality you hit it X minus something 70% of the time. Then you listen to the App and proceed to hit it one of those 30% times to your range distance! Such is golf. Play the percentages.

I can spell reasonably well, even if in American at times. I cannot type well , so please look for the key I intended to use within one key of the strange one I used.

#8 Bogey Golfer

Bogey Golfer

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10196 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:44 AM

Yes and no. Your ego says , " you hit this club X metres at the  range", but in reality you hit it X minus something 70% of the time. Then you listen to the App and proceed to hit it one of those 30% times to your range distance! Such is golf. Play the percentages.

Range balls go different distances than game balls.

other factors which the app cannot possibly take into account to measure determine daily distance,

grass type, lie, up hill or down hill lie, fluffy or thin ,  strength and direction of wind, RH, air temperature, your strike on day, is shot up hill, down hill, do need a high trajectory or low trajectory, course you are playing.

I sent you a pm with another system which Pro's use based on feel, rather than mechanical which and I have found very helpful which might help you..

• xrman1954 likes this

#9 harty1au

harty1au

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:47 AM

I ended up trying the Ozzi Golf system. It use a clip for each club. To get best use need to have results of a number of rounds.At this stage it tells me I leak (flood) shots through putting. I have had 40+ putts each in last 5 rounds.

#10 Jatin3102

Jatin3102

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 02:36 PM

Browse and find the lyrics in hindi of your favourite bollywood singer which you've not found anywhere. Here you can get all these lyrics in hindi for free. Get all the latest songs lyrics in hindi for free and learn your favourite song. Grab all the lyrics and enjoy your favourite song in hindi. Looking for love songs lyrics in hindi which is currently on the hit list , if yes browse the latest collections of our lyrics in hindi. hindi song lyrics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users