147 replies to this topic

#46 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3830 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:31 AM

I'm really interested in the different ways to hinge re hitting versus swinging but can't visualize the process and its differences that you are trying to describe. I would enjoy something to look at rather than reading the theories, because I just can't see in my mind what you are describing.
Jon...

jon,are you any the wiser on hinging now?

I am NOT a teacher, coach.
Iam a LEARNER
What I post here is either from the book,OR what I have learnt from it.
You dont like it..fine....dont read it ....SIMPLE

#47 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3943 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 09:54 PM

Brownie,

Hmmmm, so far it doesn't seem to have a clear message of what the hands do re the hinge. I'm not sure this is the answer for a hinge method that I'm searching for.
Seems also to be afew other things happening to create the hinge motion eg: pivot ?
The main thing that sticks out to me so far is the way the clubhead moves thru impact. I'd like to understand the differences at the beginning of the swing and how one type of hinge is used re another method ?

#48 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3830 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:41 PM

Alignment-Golf-Preview | 22 | View-Video       imagine there is a hinge on yr shoulder,all hinge positions must satisfy FLW at impact.....i suggest you get 50 yds where you can practice with no more than a sand wedge,i usually use no more than 50yds even less,I use it around edge of greens etc,can be used on long shots too but for time being learn around greens take yr time ,TGM use a good method called look look look,monitor what yr doing.  PS..use very strong grip with left hand at first

Iam a LEARNER

#49 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:58 PM

Golfguy,

Here is a rather good explanation of the mechanics of hinging that you may find useful.

http://www.theswinge...nge_action.html

#50 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3830 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:47 AM

Jon,this link may assist also,yes ,its in german,but listen from3.29 onwards,actually you would follow entire clip that inc basic and aquired motion.....but from 3.29 thru to 5.11 is on 3 hinges,you will understand where you hinge from.(11) Basic + Acquired Motion Teil 1 (TGM) - YouTube......

Iam a LEARNER

#51 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:40 PM

Yaaa! Das is de golfing swingen machinen mit der arms gerverkin mit de pivot un hingen za hands un flaten de wrists to smaken za ball.

• Bogey Golfer and Devongolfer like this

#52 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3830 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:30 PM

Yaaa! Das is de golfing swingen machinen mit der arms gerverkin mit de pivot un hingen za hands un flaten de wrists to smaken za ball.

Bwaahaaa,well done Herr Jonathon

Iam a LEARNER

#53 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3830 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:32 PM

POST OF THE YEAR JACK

• Jack_Golfer likes this
Iam a LEARNER

#54 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3943 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:54 PM

Jon,this link may assist also,yes ,its in german,but listen from3.29 onwards,actually you would follow entire clip that inc basic and aquired motion.....but from 3.29 thru to 5.11 is on 3 hinges,you will understand where you hinge from.(11) Basic + Acquired Motion Teil 1 (TGM) - YouTube......    

Allez gut mien junger...    

#55 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3830 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:03 PM

Allez gut mien junger...    

schnell de lieber

Iam a LEARNER

#56 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3830 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:05 PM

how you going with it jon.I hoped we assisted you

Iam a LEARNER

#57 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3943 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:53 PM

I'm now not sure if the hinge relates to the hands or shoulders or both. Until I get some time to practise it, then the penny might drop ?

#58 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3830 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 10:31 AM

I'm now not sure if the hinge relates to the hands or shoulders or both. Until I get some time to practise it, then the penny might drop ?

Shoulders,go back to michael wirths vid,he uses clubshaft to show you the hinges,....in german but tgm in english,other than that,you just going to have to do work on your own....golf ball will give you the answers  good luck

.....cheers

Iam a LEARNER

#59 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 12 July 2020 - 12:16 PM

Jon,

TGM uses the door hinge analogy as a way to describe the movement of the club face, thru impact. The Horizontal hinge is demonstrated by a door, which hinges in the horizontal plane. A Vertical hinge can be described by a dog door, which hinges in the vertical plane. 

The hinges can be replicated by the shoulders, arms and wrist.

A Horizontal hinge is replicated by turning shoulders, while standing upright and with the arms extended outward in a horizontal position. The arms can also replicate this hinge, without turning the shoulders. While keeping the arms in the extended horizontal position, a Vertical hinge can be replicated by rotating the forearms. 

If the arms are held downward, as near to parallel to the legs, a Vertical hinge can be achieved with the wrists. However this action will compromise the Flat Left Wrist and not terribly useful accept for creative shots, like those used around the green.

Because the golf swing happens on an inclined plane, the golfer has to combine those two actions, to achieve the desired hinge angle. The best way to understand how the mechanics work is to go out and practice some pitching and chipping, while monitoring what is happening with the shoulders, arms and forearms.

#60 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3830 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:42 PM

Jon,

TGM uses the door hinge analogy as a way to describe the movement of the club face, thru impact. The Horizontal hinge is demonstrated by a door, which hinges in the horizontal plane. A Vertical hinge can be described by a dog door, which hinges in the vertical plane. 

The hinges can be replicated by the shoulders, arms and wrist.

A Horizontal hinge is replicated by turning shoulders, while standing upright and with the arms extended outward in a horizontal position. The arms can also replicate this hinge, without turning the shoulders. While keeping the arms in the extended horizontal position, a Vertical hinge can be replicated by rotating the forearms. 

If the arms are held downward, as near to parallel to the legs, a Vertical hinge can be achieved with the wrists. However this action will compromise the Flat Left Wrist and not terribly useful accept for creative shots, like those used around the green.

Because the golf swing happens on an inclined plane, the golfer has to combine those two actions, to achieve the desired hinge angle. The best way to understand how the mechanics work is to go out and practice some pitching and chipping, while monitoring what is happening with the shoulders, arms and forearms.

Excellent Jack......Excellent

• Jack_Golfer likes this
Iam a LEARNER

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TGM, Swing mechanics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users