Hi! I recently moved to Melbourne for work and thought I'd pick up a new sport - so why not Golf!
Location: Melbourne CBD, Victoria
- Dad plays golf, so I thought this would be a good way to kind of connect.
- Attended 2 golf clinics. Basic knowledge really.
- Short/Long game: utterly atrocious.
- That's pretty much it, skill level : Novice / Beginner
Buy golf clubs.✔ Bought some secondhand Wilson Staff clubs.
- Play a round - 9 hole minimum!
- Join a social club / find some golf buddies
One of the best things about golf is that it can be an individual sport but I am genuinely too anxious to start on my own.
I feel like I need a fellow golfers to guide and play a round and explain to me the golf etiquette.
The clinics taught me several basics but none of them were ON the actual course itself - just on the side driving range and short game area. And 1-on-1 on course classes are expensive - $250-400 a session.
Or maybe some like-minded, new-ish, similar skill level, patient players, who's up for a round and learn together!
If anyone's keen to play / help out, do let me know - happy to throw in a meat pie. & If not, stay tuned - I'll post updates on my journey for the curious.
Anyway, happy to meet all of you!