Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:56 AM

I suspect that was the point.

• koiom K. Asterisk*, PerryGroves and madness like this
Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015
Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016
Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball
Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017
Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013

C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel
3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals
C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous.....

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

#32 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25727 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 07 April 2020 - 01:05 PM

Walking fine, but walking and playing golf is not efficient nor is it acceptable in Victoria.
Golf is not exercise. The walking whilst playing golf is the exercise. Beats me why this is so difficult to understand.

You do seem to have some difficulty with that.
Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club
People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
West Gippsland Veterans Champion 2017 & 2018
Olinda Golf Club B Grade champion 2018
Warragul Country Club C Grade champion 2019

#33 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3376 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:06 PM

I don't understand why you can still walk into KFC or Maccas? Not essential. Again something that would create more infections than golf in twos or ones.

I would also like to see some National consistency. Golf in Albury but not Wodonga!

Pretty simple Wodonga is in the nanny state, Albury isn't

• madness likes this

#34 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3883 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:06 AM

I would also like to see some National consistency. Golf in Albury but not Wodonga!

The border problem became apparent because the members at Thurgoona that lived in Victoria were travelling backwards and forwards between states just to play golf ( and in other areas along the Murray ) 

They can't close the border crossing because the Albury base hospital has the ICU infrastructure to cope with C19, Wodonga does not.     

#35 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3376 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:50 PM

The border problem became apparent because the members at Thurgoona that lived in Victoria were travelling backwards and forwards between states just to play golf ( and in other areas along the Murray ) 

They can't close the border crossing because the Albury base hospital has the ICU infrastructure to cope with C19, Wodonga does not.     

The Albury hospital is a shared facility funded by and run for both NSW and the Nanny State.  Ironically despite being over the border its actually run by the Nanny State.

#36 jrg1166

jrg1166

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1395 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:47 PM

The Albury hospital is a shared facility funded by and run for both NSW and the Nanny State. Ironically despite being over the border its actually run by the Nanny State.

Correct were doing strategy work for them prior to covid

B Grade Vic OOM Winner 2018

Bad Play Indicator

#37 westy5555

westy5555

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:23 PM

Thoroughly pleasant 18 holes.  I especially like the raised hole cups, must make that a rule as it is so much more relaxing

Ripped around in 3 hours and no viruses as yet.  Bit annoyed I couldn't have a beer, but splitting hairs now

In terms of risk, a quick round in two balls is way down there, but I do see the problem for public courses.

Private tracks have much greater  control.  Open the gate, drive in, walk to the tee at the allotted time and away - no need to pay fees or any of that nonsense.  So it is  possible to play the entire round without actually touching anything or being within 3m of another human.

• voss, Goldy and madness like this

#38 madness

madness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:03 PM

Thoroughly pleasant 18 holes.  I especially like the raised hole cups, must make that a rule as it is so much more relaxing

Ripped around in 3 hours and no viruses as yet.  Bit annoyed I couldn't have a beer, but splitting hairs now

In terms of risk, a quick round in two balls is way down there, but I do see the problem for public courses.

Private tracks have much greater  control.  Open the gate, drive in, walk to the tee at the allotted time and away - no need to pay fees or any of that nonsense.  So it is  possible to play the entire round without actually touching anything or being within 3m of another human.

If you can still walk into a fast food restaurant and order and pay for food why couldn't you walk into a pro shop and pay a green fee? 

I promise I won't lick my balls!

• voss, OldBogey, Hawkers2015 and 1 other like this

#39 voss

voss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1679 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 09:06 PM

Is your quote re the " shut dow " in anyway related to the ASX or the Dow Jones ?

Hoping that it's not a cryptic clue, Vossy 

I'm slightly worried that the market will take another dow turn because of your faux par.  

Nice one Jon !.....may have been the case in yesteryear :)  Keep well 

#40 Henschke

Henschke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 07:20 AM

I took up golf two months ago. It was exactly what i needed after being forced into retirement from cricket due to injuries.

I just paid a years membership up front about a week before the closures in Victoria.

My logic is that I am not going to ask for a refund unless I become financially desperate.

I must confess it does frustrate me that bottle shops which are small, enclosed and sell unhealthy products are considered essential. Golf courses aren't essential I admit but they are certainly healthy and very safe compared to small enclosed spaces.

I can't see golf courses in Victoria staying closed for six months. Eventually it will dawn on the Government that although not essential they are safe. 

Does anyone else have a view on this?

I couldn't agree more. Happy to even play on my own or in 2's. It's seriously safer than seeing hundreds of people on walking paths every day.

• madness likes this

#41 PerryGroves

PerryGroves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:21 AM

The Kiwis are finally letting the staff do some maintenance on the courses so it appears to me the "scorched earth" is being or about to be wound back. 

I reckon by end of April, most of Vic will be back playing golf under the same rules as everywhere else and if you want to go for a swim you will be permitted. 

Edited by PerryGroves, 10 April 2020 - 10:21 AM.

• Henschke and madness like this

#42 Henschke

Henschke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:19 PM

The Kiwis are finally letting the staff do some maintenance on the courses so it appears to me the "scorched earth" is being or about to be wound back. 

I reckon by end of April, most of Vic will be back playing golf under the same rules as everywhere else and if you want to go for a swim you will be permitted. 

I assume you don't mean swimming on the golf course (unless you are very short of golf balls) Ha Ha..

#43 PerryGroves

PerryGroves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:43 PM

I assume you don't mean swimming on the golf course (unless you are very short of golf balls) Ha Ha..

I remember being chest deep in dams looking for golf balls and hoping to find B51s and Dunlop 65s but lots of times finding eels and leeches.

Fast forward 40 odd years, we had to get someone in to get rid of the balls in our waterways because they were apparently "unsightly" at low tide.

Edited by PerryGroves, 10 April 2020 - 03:44 PM.

• Henschke likes this

#44 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3376 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 05:13 PM

I doubt it we're the Nanny State.

• rockatansky likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users