Bogey Golfer

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10049 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:23 AM

And the beach was lovely this morning.

Perth under lockdown is not so bad

15 deg with cold wind here with in the nanny state so even if we could go out most wouldn't be at beach anyway.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#32 Turfers Paradise

Turfers Paradise

2019 GCSAQ Queensland Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18208 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 07:30 PM

Well can say since the 2 per group fling in qld, our club has been chuffing along ok. JobKeeper /seeker will go a long way to reduce the financial burden on clubs. Six monthly subs were due start of April, and there has been a steady flow of renewals. Signed up to full members today.

What I find intriguing are the humans that threaten to not rejoin due to the flags being removed from the greens. Best of luck with that as we are reducing the risk of contamination foremost, with you in mind. We are still under 1k for 7 day membership, and there are two clubs that are cheaper than ours, one best described as a paddock ( I worked there for 11 years, so I know what I am on about), the 2nd is 40 mins away so there is another 1 hr 20 mins return, sure fuel is under a buck atm, so feel free to shop around, just wondering what you are going to do when it hits
150cpl again.

Having the management capable of being able to constantly evolve almost a daily basis, will go a long way to future success.
  • Weetbix and madness like this
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer
Winner C Grade Gross 90/70 01/06/2019 Monthly Medal

‘99% of short putts do go in, they are the leftovers of your original putt’

#33 madness

madness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 12:22 AM

Well can say since the 2 per group fling in qld, our club has been chuffing along ok. JobKeeper /seeker will go a long way to reduce the financial burden on clubs. Six monthly subs were due start of April, and there has been a steady flow of renewals. Signed up to full members today.

What I find intriguing are the humans that threaten to not rejoin due to the flags being removed from the greens. Best of luck with that as we are reducing the risk of contamination foremost, with you in mind. We are still under 1k for 7 day membership, and there are two clubs that are cheaper than ours, one best described as a paddock ( I worked there for 11 years, so I know what I am on about), the 2nd is 40 mins away so there is another 1 hr 20 mins return, sure fuel is under a buck atm, so feel free to shop around, just wondering what you are going to do when it hits
150cpl again.

Having the management capable of being able to constantly evolve almost a daily basis, will go a long way to future success.

Great line. I'm not convinced it is that common though.

• Turfers Paradise likes this

#34 Turfers Paradise

Turfers Paradise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18208 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 04:05 AM

Previous management would be struggling big time I believe
  • madness likes this

#35 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25727 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:46 AM

Hey Turfie, I'm wondering about the paddock you worked for 11 years and it's still a paddock ????
  • Turfers Paradise likes this
Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club
People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
West Gippsland Veterans Champion 2017 & 2018
Olinda Golf Club B Grade champion 2018
Warragul Country Club C Grade champion 2019

#36 Turfers Paradise

Turfers Paradise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18208 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 10:09 PM

Hey Turfie, I'm wondering about the paddock you worked for 11 years and it's still a paddock ????

Yes OB. It’s nice and green atm, no qualified person there now I’m lead to believe, constantly dropping fill mixed with other crap to build up areas..... it suits a certain demographic I guess.

#37 gottagolf

gottagolf

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:27 PM

27/3: It is Golf Australia’s recommendation that, based on the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services directive issued as part of the Victorian Government’s Stage 2 restrictions regarding COVID-19, all golf clubs and facilities should close as soon as practicable until April 13, 2020.

The directive that prohibits social sports gatherings applies to golf clubs and facilities, which are classified as ‘recreational facilities’ under clause 5 of the directive. A copy of the directive is located here.

There isn't a recreational facility better suited for social distancing than a golf course.

#38 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3883 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 11:59 PM

There isn't a recreational facility better suited for social distancing than a golf course.

Orienteering ?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users