266 replies to this topic

#46 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 11:31 PM

Just to add insult to injury in Victoria you can get fined for driving out and doing fossicking alone, taking a L- plate driver for a practice session,  yet driving out to a beach to go  surfing is still acceptable as exercise. Not that I am wanting Comrade Dan to ban surfing, but surely any activity that abides by the social distancing rules should not incur a fine. 

The simple message of stay at home except for 4 reasons I guess needs to be simple/catchy phrase, but who defines exercise? The police? I hope in most of these cases it is the courts, but I suggest many will fold and pay the fine.

I can spell reasonably well, even if in American at times. I cannot type well , so please look for the key I intended to use within one key of the strange one I used.

#47 Bogey Golfer

Bogey Golfer

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10214 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 11:47 AM

Just to add insult to injury in Victoria you can get fined for driving out and doing fossicking alone, taking a L- plate driver for a practice session,  yet driving out to a beach to go  surfing is still acceptable as exercise. Not that I am wanting Comrade Dan to ban surfing, but surely any activity that abides by the social distancing rules should not incur a fine. 

The simple message of stay at home except for 4 reasons I guess needs to be simple/catchy phrase, but who defines exercise? The police? I hope in most of these cases it is the courts, but I suggest many will fold and pay the fine.

what is also hard to understand is on TV retail stores are advertising they are open and running easter sales, then next ad says stay home, then next ad says retailer is open and observing social distancing.

its really a classic catch 22 .

Vic government  want businesses to stay open, so they can keep trading and can keep employing staff, meaning the government wont have to pay wages subsidy.

But the government tells everyone stay home, which people dont go to the shops, means businesses trade goes down forcing them to close lay off staff meaning the government will have to pay the wages subsidy.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#48 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25761 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:11 PM

Scomo says that any business that is open and thus employing workers is essential.
But in Vic, NannyDan's coppers will fine you for going to any business except for food or pharmaceuticals.

So, you need to have your reasons down pat:
You're 50km from home - going to Chemist Warehouse because they're a lot cheaper than the local.
At Bunnings - just getting a surgical mask and picking up some essential materials to build more storage for all the extra food I've bought.
You get the idea.

fuckingnannystate
  • Dellavedova777 likes this
Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club
People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
West Gippsland Veterans Champion 2017 & 2018
Olinda Golf Club B Grade champion 2018
Warragul Country Club C Grade champion 2019

#49 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 01:02 PM

I think it is interesting that there is no plan B at this stage. ( unless I missed it, that is) 

I get the Plan A to flatten the curve to avoid exponential growth of infection so that our hospitals have a chance to save some of us with the available  ICU capacity. But on what criteria are we going to proceed, once our ICU /PPE levels are as good as we can do?

We cannot stay locked down for 18 months awaiting the vaccine. It would be economic suicide. Given that, when are the brakes released to develop herd immunity? At present we are sitting ducks. Will it be a reduction of movement restrictions, with or without closed borders and let's see if the rate of infection is manageable? If not,  then re- introduce  restrictions again to drop the rate of infection until it is manageable again?

Trying to keep us infection free is not a viable option, especially if we open our borders again. 

I look forward to a full and robust discussion about our future dealings with China/ CCP, especially the Chinese influence in our political class ( corruption by any other name) and the bleatings of the ALP Chinese apologists ,which will surely be served with a dose of racism slurs to those who oppose their views.

i suspect that Comrade Dan doesn't have the foggiest notion on what to do next, but wants to appear to be tough on Corona Virus. Why else would he constantly announce tougher measures to out do  the restrictions of  the other Sates on the eve of  Federal announcements?

Edited by xrman1954, 11 April 2020 - 01:04 PM.

I can spell reasonably well, even if in American at times. I cannot type well , so please look for the key I intended to use within one key of the strange one I used.

#50 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40060 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 11 April 2020 - 04:20 PM

I would think we're at least until the end of this year before the international borders are open again. It's unlikely that the virus will have entirely been wiped out by that point...it would be flying in the face of all the current precautions to do anything much sooner than that, even if a vaccine is developed by then, which is no certainty.

I do hope the golf ban gets lifted sooner rather than later. Otherwise I'll be too farken big to care. There really isn't much else to do at the moment except watch old Masters replays and eat. I've accepted that challenge a little too readily.

• Turfers Paradise and Dellavedova777 like this
Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015
Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016
Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball
Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017
Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013

C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel
3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals
C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous.....

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

#51 OldBogey

OldBogey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25761 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:20 PM

I think we've flattened the curve a bit too much. The overall infection rate is only a tiny percentage of the population. If we keep it at this rate with a lack of new infections, our herd will have no natural immunity. Then we will just have to wait for a workable immunisation drug in sufficient quantities.

While we are awaiting that, NannaDan won't let us do anything.
Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club

#52 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:50 PM

I understand we need to keep the infection rate below 1% to be effective? 

Goldy you should have bought a weatherboard clad house. There is always some maintenance needed.

#53 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3943 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:09 PM

But in Vic, NannyDan's coppers will fine you for going to any business except for food or pharmaceuticals.

fuckingnannystate

i suspect that Comrade Dan doesn't have the foggiest notion on what to do next, but wants to appear to be tough on Corona Virus. Why else would he constantly announce tougher measures to out do  the restrictions of  the other Sates on the eve of  Federal announcements?

I think we've flattened the curve a bit too much. The overall infection rate is only a tiny percentage of the population. If we keep it at this rate with a lack of new infections, our herd will have no natural immunity. Then we will just have to wait for a workable immunisation drug in sufficient quantities.

While we are awaiting that, NannaDan won't let us do anything.

I take it that you guys didn't vote Labour in the last state election ?

Can't imagine you two being in charge of our state affairs !

Is it Dr OB, sorry I didn't know :)

#54 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:30 PM

I don't know about OB, but it is Dr. XR! I would probably have made a better job of Minister of Health than many of the bozos we have had in the past.

I am not sure if Dan gets much support west of Geelong. He lost any hope of my support when he cost us millions by tearing up the contract for the freeway link in Melbourne.

I just wonder what  his motivation is  in not abiding with a unified Federal approach to dealing with the virus. Why have a national cabinet to form plans and then have multiple action plans in various States? It is confusing.

#55 highcountryvic

highcountryvic

Suspect

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 11:41 AM

So Victoria has renewed the State of Emergency for 4 more weeks until the 11th of May, no change to any restrictions. Golf not considered exercise. This is ridiculous now!

• Bogey Golfer, Henschke and Dellavedova777 like this

#56 OldBogey

OldBogey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25761 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 11:59 AM

I take it that you guys didn't vote Labour in the last state election ?

Can't imagine you two being in charge of our state affairs !

Is it Dr OB, sorry I didn't know :)

Correct.
We couldn't do a worse job.
No, although I do self medicate.
Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club

#57 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3943 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 12:41 PM

I don't know about OB, but it is Dr. XR! I would probably have made a better job of Minister of Health than many of the bozos we have had in the past.

I am not sure if Dan gets much support west of Geelong. He lost any hope of my support when he cost us millions by tearing up the contract for the freeway link in Melbourne.

I just wonder what  his motivation is  in not abiding with a unified Federal approach to dealing with the virus. Why have a national cabinet to form plans and then have multiple action plans in various States? It is confusing.

He campaigned against the freeway link in his first term but will get the deposits back when those same companies tender again for the work, in the future.

As for the national cabinet, each state still has slightly different laws and structures, that is why we are different in our approach to some other regions.  

Unified doesn't necessarily mean, together in the end results !  

#58 Henschke

Henschke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 03:30 PM

Since this whole Covid 19 thing has been happening, I was initially impressed with Scott Morrison & Daniel Andrews. They were both up front & making a stand & communicating very well. Scomo continues to do that & Dan the man has become Where's Dan, instead of Where's Wally. His decision about Golf, as everyone has been talking about here on this forum has become a joke. He said on MMM radio, that no-one likes golf more than him. Well I beg to differ, as many here would. Why on earth, when our record of the virus has become so good in Vic, could he not see fit to at least match the other states that allow golf in a controlled way, even to the extent that we all have to play on our own? Our local walking track has become a danger zone, with so many people crossing paths. We won't get that on a golf course. I know that I am probably preaching to the converted & I know that there have been a few here that have backed the case for no golf but that is all based on controlling the lowest common denominator in life, who will always be there, no matter what the subject. For God sake, give us some credit to do the right thing & play safe golf, not just as exercise but sanity!

• Goldy and Dellavedova777 like this

#59 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 03:42 PM

Meanwhile we have lost millions with nothing to show for it, except continued traffic congestion in the north west suburbs. I'd like to see how Dan gets the penalty fees for cancellation of a contract back in future tender bids. 

As for the different laws and structures in each State, it is high time that we did away with State governments entirely. They are an anachronism of our colonial past, well past their used by date. They cost us millions extra to run and lead to fragmented approach to what should be national issues ( education, health, police, road authorities, taxation/ non income based). I rest my case Your Honour !

I agree with Henschke. If any state should be going in hard on restrictions, it ought to be N.S.W. which has twice the infection rate, not Victoria. Restrictions not based on risk of transmission factors, are seen by the public as nonsensical and risk loss of co-operation by the public. Solo fishing, fossicking, golfing, especially in rural areas are hardly likely to lead to increased transmission of the virus. Going to the supermarket is riskier!

Edited by xrman1954, 12 April 2020 - 04:03 PM.

• Henschke and Dellavedova777 like this

#60 Dellavedova777

Dellavedova777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationGreat food and great company. Two of life's simplest yet greatest pleasures.

Posted 12 April 2020 - 04:15 PM

Testing my insanity too. Happy to golf by myself or with Goldy, Francie, Toch, Weeti....and easily keep social distance on golf course than grocery shopping.

I would think we're at least until the end of this year before the international borders are open again. It's unlikely that the virus will have entirely been wiped out by that point...it would be flying in the face of all the current precautions to do anything much sooner than that, even if a vaccine is developed by then, which is no certainty.

I do hope the golf ban gets lifted sooner rather than later. Otherwise I'll be too farken big to care. There really isn't much else to do at the moment except watch old Masters replays and eat. I've accepted that challenge a little too readily.

Need Gin tonic or Strawberry Mojito Goldy

So Victoria has renewed the State of Emergency for 4 more weeks until the 11th of May, no change to any restrictions. Golf not considered exercise. This is ridiculous now!

Liberal fan :-):-)

Since this whole Covid 19 thing has been happening, I was initially impressed with Scott Morrison & Daniel Andrews. They were both up front & making a stand & communicating very well. Scomo continues to do that & Dan the man has become Where's Dan, instead of Where's Wally. His decision about Golf, as everyone has been talking about here on this forum has become a joke. He said on MMM radio, that no-one likes golf more than him. Well I beg to differ, as many here would. Why on earth, when our record of the virus has become so good in Vic, could he not see fit to at least match the other states that allow golf in a controlled way, even to the extent that we all have to play on our own? Our local walking track has become a danger zone, with so many people crossing paths. We won't get that on a golf course. I know that I am probably preaching to the converted & I know that there have been a few here that have backed the case for no golf but that is all based on controlling the lowest common denominator in life, who will always be there, no matter what the subject. For God sake, give us some credit to do the right thing & play safe golf, not just as exercise but sanity!

So so truth! Great comment.

Meanwhile we have lost millions with nothing to show for it, except continued traffic congestion in the north west suburbs. I'd like to see how Dan gets the penalty fees for cancellation of a contract back in future tender bids. 

As for the different laws and structures in each State, it is high time that we did away with State governments entirely. They are an anachronism of our colonial past, well past their used by date. They cost us millions extra to run and lead to fragmented approach to what should be national issues ( education, health, police, road authorities, taxation/ non income based). I rest my case Your Honour !

I agree with Henschke. If any state should be going in hard on restrictions, it ought to be N.S.W. which has twice the infection rate, not Victoria. Restrictions not based on risk of transmission factors, are seen by the public as nonsensical and risk loss of co-operation by the public. Solo fishing, fossicking, golfing, especially in rural areas are hardly likely to lead to increased transmission of the virus. Going to the supermarket is riskier!

• Weetbix, Goldy and Henschke like this

Carpe Diem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users