• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Malby

Malby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 03:37 AM

I bought a set of Trident clubs from Golf Works.. They're a good beginners set I guess...

Then I got a set of 4 wedges from the great guys at tourperformancegolf.com.au, and added that to the set..

Now, to make room for the 4 clubs on top of the 3 woods putter, and 3I-SW, I pulled out my 6 iron, PW, and SW..

so now I have

1w, 3w, 5w, 3i, 4i, 5i, 7i, 8i, 9i, GW-52, SW-56, LW-60, HLW-64, + P, giving me a total of 14 clubs.

However, I now have a problem, where the loft difference between my 9i, and GW, is fairly large... So my question is.. How do I bridge this gap?

Do I drop a wood, and put the PW back in (Its got about a 49 degree loft)

Do I drop the 64 degree wedge? (Damn it looks great hitting it sweet and dropping the ball onto the green and sticking like a piece of chewing gum)

do I remove the 4 iron, putting the PW back in?

Do I not worry about it? Does a 52 loft club be classified as a PW?

#2 dean

dean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 08:35 AM

OK here's my thoughts.
Get that 64deg wedge out of there.(60deg is plenty)
Run with something like this...
1 wood
3 wood
5 wood
4 iron
5 i
6 i
7 i
8 i
9 i
pw
gw
sw
60w
putter

All this really depends on the course you regularly play.I think the above gives you plenty of short game options.And the gap between 5w and 4i
won't cause any problems.
Regards
Dean

#3 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 06:56 PM

I agree with Dean that you don't need the 64° wedge. Alternatively, if you want to keep the 64° you don't need the 60° wedge. You don't have space nor should you need both wedges.

I would suggest keep the 60°. You can open the face on this club to increase the loft if you need to, just spend some time practicing this shot. Once you have the technique sorted out you can hit really high flop shots just like the 64° wedge would give you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users