#1 george023

george023

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 12:44 AM

Guys,

I'm looking to really improve my golf over the next 12 months and get down into single figures (currently off 13). What kind of workouts can anyone recommend in order to increase strength and flexibility for better golf?

#2 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 01:01 AM

Hi George,

One thing I did to really help improve was a lot of balance work on one of those gym balls smile.gif That REALLY helps!

Tigers book "How I Play Golf" has a good section on fitness and exercises to concentrate on.

Cheers

Ben

#3 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 02:54 AM

Check out the article, which Duval had out on how golfers should workout...

It was on Golfdigest somewhere...

#4 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 06:58 PM

There's a really good book on diet and fitness that I've got at home George. I'll post the details in the next day or so.

#5 choco

choco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 09:12 PM

You have to be careful not to bulk up to much,otherwise you'll lose to much flexibilty.Strengthening your abs and lowe body is the way to go,you need a solid foundation from which to swing from and strong abs help your back.I had a program done by a sports medico and it's great.i've really noticed the difference,i feel alot stronger and more confident.
Go and see someone who is qualified and follow the program that they give you,it's well worth doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users