#61 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40058 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 02 February 2020 - 08:01 PM

There was no need for this gherkin to behave the way he did. He stood in the shop this morning while a few of us waited to order a coffee. He told me to ring the bell which I did. Around 30 sec later he told me to do it again, I did, only for the lady to stick her head out the door and say to me to keep my pants on that she’d take my order after she’d finished making the toasties our back. I’ve got a feeling this smart Alec was aware of that...

Then after the round, 45 mins for a burger to come out. I questioned it after 32mins (according to the receipt) he said “turn it up mate, I took your order 10mins ago”. I told him I had the receipt to prove it, he said sure you do & wandered off into the pro shop.

Pretty poor for a public course where impressions are supposed to be important.

And therein lies the reason I left there in the first place. She's gone now, but customer service from some of the crew was not exactly out of the Dale Carnegie bible.

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015
Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016
Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball
Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017
Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013

C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel
3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals
C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous.....

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users