225 replies to this topic

#226 Devongolfer

Devongolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1307 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:07 AM

They had spiked the greens as part the autumn works, I reckon I must have had 40 putts today, so no good news as far as scoring is concerned. But that does not matter because I am still evaluating the latest set of swing ideas.

Still loving Mindy for driver. I get the feeling that the elbows are tied together, the Mindy grip, get the eyes lined up, then it is just a leg turn back and a leg drive through, pulling the club. Driver is perfect for Mindy and vice versa, imo. And it is starting to look like the full shoulder turn was the reason why I lost the feel for Mindy.

Hitting with the Elk right arm is also holding up. I think I hit one left today. One detail is that it seems essential to have extensor action, otherwise the left elbow can bend through impact, which leads to a poor shot.

Btw, I am not using the full 2,3 release with hitting, I do a Zach / Zen twist / Hogan supination with the left wrist to keep the face square to the path. So this is really a one barrel action, but it seems to go normal distance for me.

Both this Hitting and the Mindy method keep the face square to the path. Not one slice or hook all day. Pushes, yes, the odd pull also, but no hooks or slices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users