#1 keithblake

keithblake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:41 PM

Just seen the video of him "cheating" and I gotta say that looks like a pretty crappy bunker, my first thought was that it was wasteland...

Didn't realised he moved the sand on two practise swings...

BTW

can you ground a club in wasteland?

#2 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5918 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 12 December 2019 - 05:58 PM

You can ground your club, you can't improve your lie, which is what he was doing.

#3 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3781 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:53 PM

He's copped the nickname of Digger at the PC this week and the crowd aren't using it as a term of endearment :) 

Jon...

#4 voss

voss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1671 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:31 PM

Reed will learn a lot from this exposure in Australia. He will be one of the first picked in future Cup (Ryder & PC) matches. He may have some historical weaknesses but the grit he showed on day 4 is well worth noting.

#5 madness

madness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:27 PM

Reed will learn a lot from this exposure in Australia. He will be one of the first picked in future Cup (Ryder & PC) matches. He may have some historical weaknesses but the grit he showed on day 4 is well worth noting.

It's not grit, it's a personality defect. He thinks winning makes everything better. Unfortunately a view reinforced by many.

• Goldy likes this

#6 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5810 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 17 December 2019 - 06:30 PM

It’s not a personality defect. Maybe lack of character. I understand what you are saying though. I don’t think I would warm to him if I met him.
  • madness likes this
http://www.golf.org....icap/4070201550
What can possibly go wrong?

#7 madness

madness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:00 PM

It’s not a personality defect. Maybe lack of character. I understand what you are saying though. I don’t think I would warm to him if I met him.

It is a personality defect but having said that most of us have a defect of some sort. It just depends how much our defects take us away from reality. Most successful sports people would think that winning makes everything ok and unfortunately the adoring public reinforce this. It's why so many elite athletes have trouble retiring because they lose their identity. Reed's relationship with winning is unhealthy. If he had apologised and said his desire to win lead to a poor decision the public wouldn't have sledged him so much. But he continued to dig himself into a hole, see what I did there :-), and treat everyone else with contempt by trying to lie his way out of it. The fact he was was so pumped up on the Sunday and played so well only reinforces his unhealthy reliance on winning. It was also reinforced by the PGA and Tiger who stood by him. Tiger said he was penalised 2 shots and everyone should just move on. There is a big difference between a rules infraction and deliberately cheating. He should have been suspended for at least a month. 

While I'm on my soapbox did anyone see DeShampoo try and quiet the crowd by whistling? What an entitled prick. I was hoping the crowd would start whistling while he tried to play. Staying quiet is one of my pet hates in golf and tennis. I loved Koepka teeing off 17 at Augusta while the crowd next to him was cheering Tiger's shot at 16. I understand not moving because you don't want to be thinking that you might hit someone. But otherwise just play. 

• Goldy likes this

#8 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5810 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:23 PM

From a psychological perspective personality is something you can’t change. Being an arsehole is something you can change.
  • madness likes this
http://www.golf.org....icap/4070201550
What can possibly go wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users