6 replies to this topic

#1 Gappy

Gappy

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:28 AM

Hi Fellow Golfers,

I like to share my recent experience with one of the most famous club fitter in Sydney and want everyone to be aware. This fitter claimed their Form is Pure.
I bought a set of Forged iron headS from Japan. It s not available outside japan and they cost me $2000. I went to the fitter s workshop in Alexandria, match the shafts and they charged me $1200 for supply and fit the shafts for me. It was very costly but I thought it need someone more established to work on my expensive heads.
They took 3 weeks to source and fit the clubs but the worst nightmare came when I removed the protective plastic wrap.
I discovered all the iron heads have a 2-3mm chip/dent at the same spot, near the back edge of the sole. I was very upset and emailed the fitter with A lot of photos. However, their respond pissed me off further as they did not apologize nor offer any compensation. They even called the damage as ‘standard practice’. See quote below

“ This is pretty standard practice and would be fairly normal with any Soft Carbon Steel Material. If you were to take it any other Custom Fitter and have them make adjustments to the Loft and Lie, you will find this will be the same conclusion.”

They tried to contact me but I found that no point since they are not apologetics about what they did. Anyway, I just want to share this experience with everyone and hopefully no one will experience the same in the future.

Regards
AC

#2 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43468 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:44 AM

Imagine if you told Tiger that damaging his club a when adjusting them was normal!

That's appalling

Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

2018 Nationals 4BBB Champion with Commish
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 2 round at Kooralbyn

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 3 round at Sanctuary Cove Pines
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#3 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3703 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:58 AM

Sorry to hear that you have a problem with the build, Gappy.

Might I can ask a couple of questions, please ?

Firstly, what shafts and grips did they install and what were the specs that you gave them for the build ?
Obviously you checked the heads before giving them to the builder and the heads were unmarked ?
What were the specs of the heads from the manufacturer ? ( lie/loft, weight etc )
How much did they have to bend the club-heads and why didn't they inform you of the consequences in advance ?

When setting up a new set of irons the builder should use a heavy cloth tape on the hosel, top-line and sole before bending the club-heads to the required lie/lofts. This will minimize the bruising to any of the areas that have to be clamped in the machine and from the bending bar. But it's not uncommon to see some minor stress marks on the new club-heads, a good builder will insure the minimum damage and would tell you in advance of the problems and outcome before doing the work.

I get to see a lot of finished work from several OEM companies and independents, both internationally or local and some of the finished products are sub standard in workmanship/quality !
It is possible to have the marks buffed/polished out but that would add to your already large cost and outlay.
Jon...

#4 Gappy

Gappy

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:25 PM

Hi Jon
I asked for NS Zelos 6 with golf pride 2 g grip.
The heads were in bubble wraps. No damage before I hand mer over.
I don’t need to bend the club. The fitting result was that I can stay with the factory lie and loft however they need to remove 6g Of weight through the nozzle due to the heavier Head weight of the Asian spec.
In short, we need to spread the Words about this fitter. Their response was very irresponsible to a very unhappy customer.

Regards
Andy

#5 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3703 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:07 PM

Okay, I've now got abit of a feel for the problem that has taken place.

Why they would need to loose 6 grams of weight via drilling out the hosel is a mystery and if you hadn't given permission to bend the club-heads then I'd be making afew phone calls to a lawyer and taking this matter further !  

Recently one of my customers had a problem with the same company and he decided to take them to task. 

They came to an agreement and he was reimbursed to his satisfaction.

I'd suggest that you have a case if they have done work to your clubs that wasn't required or sanctioned.

The least amount I'd be looking to recover would be the cost of the work done, in full.

Jon...   

Edited by golfguy33, 23 October 2019 - 10:08 PM.

#6 FairwayBomber

FairwayBomber

Just one more putt...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1460 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:25 PM

Hi Jon
I asked for NS Zelos 6 with golf pride 2 g grip.
The heads were in bubble wraps. No damage before I hand mer over.
I don’t need to bend the club. The fitting result was that I can stay with the factory lie and loft however they need to remove 6g Of weight through the nozzle due to the heavier Head weight of the Asian spec.
In short, we need to spread the Words about this fitter. Their response was very irresponsible to a very unhappy customer.

Regards
Andy

Pics?

No one tells my caddy Kiwi that he is a f#$%^*g pr1ck!!

#7 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3703 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:36 PM

Pics?

Good call FB

Jon...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users