17 replies to this topic

#1 mugcanic

mugcanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:01 PM

Absolutely no way should Green get a week for that.

Looks like the AFL (read VFL) are still smarting from last years grand final.

#2 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3573 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:39 PM

Repeat offender and they needed to make a statement about eye gauging, even though it was a weak one.

I personally think 4 weeks for both him and Hawkins would have sent a stronger message !
Jon...

#3 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16271 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:01 PM

Grub deserves more than a week
  • Francie likes this

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 2.0 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#4 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3154 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:27 AM

TBF it was the first decision that was wrong. I think Christian(?) sent it straight to the tribunal for serious misconduct thinking he'd have been given 2-3 weeks. Quite rightly imho.

When the AFL decided to only press for a fine, that's where it all fell apart. And a repeat offender like Green can't help but think "You beauty! Just a fine for that? I'll do that every week!".

He'll still probably get off since he can (bizarrely) appeal his failed appeal. But he needs to be stopped before he blinds someone.

And I think we will shortly see another "Toby Green Rule". - Unnecessary contact to the face/eye region is an automatic 1 week and rising. Fines just don't stop any player behaviour.Missing games does.

Did that NRL guy get 8 weeks for eye-gouging? Serious and dangerous.

(Btw, I know/think Toby didn't actually make contact with the eye, but the intent was there)

Edited by bazinoz, 18 September 2019 - 07:30 AM.

#5 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6934 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:28 AM

toby greene the 1st week should have recieved a couple of matches for his efforts and got of very lightly in my opinion with just a fine  and was very remorseful..  yet a week later  goes out and does it again , not as bad as the first attempt, yet he still never learned from the previous week, showed how remorseful he really was the first attempt the week before and should have been thrown the book at..

did they really get it wrong considering the week previously he did the same thing and basicly walked free from that ..

if greene didnt do the same thing a week prior, i would say he was hard done by, but when you dont learn the 1st time then harsher penalties need to apply 

• Francie likes this
I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#6 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39887 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:44 PM

Absolutely no way should Green get a week for that.

Looks like the AFL (read VFL) are still smarting from last years grand final.

Mug....you really think it's all a great big conspiracy theory to help the Victorian clubs, don't you.

Nothing would make the bosses happier than having GWS beat Gold Coast in the GF.

And whilst we're on the subject...don't think that Victorians who don't barrack for Collingwood or Richmond want to see either of them win the flag. I'll be hoping GWS go all the way, and I'm tipping I'm not an orphan in that regard.

• Sprtan52 likes this
Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015
Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016
Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball
Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017
Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013

C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel
3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals
C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous.....

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

#7 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16271 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:37 PM

Blasphemy. I’m hoping Richmond smack Geelong and a week later I get to see Bucks lose another GF. 😂
  • bazinoz likes this

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 2.0 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#8 mugcanic

mugcanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:01 PM

Mug....you really think it's all a great big conspiracy theory to help the Victorian clubs, don't you.

Nothing would make the bosses happier than having GWS beat Gold Coast in the GF.

And whilst we're on the subject...don't think that Victorians who don't barrack for Collingwood or Richmond want to see either of them win the flag. I'll be hoping GWS go all the way, and I'm tipping I'm not an orphan in that regard.

Not at all, just a tongue in cheek post.

Most of us over in the West think Collingwood  are privy to a higher order.

I'm a dockers fan and certainly barracked for the Eagles whenever they played Collingwood .....except for the past couple of years.

I've copped so much crap from the Eagles fans over here now, I barrack for who ever is playing the Eagles....including Collingwood. I would have loved the pies to win last years gf.

#9 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • 39887 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:10 AM

Not at all, just a tongue in cheek post.

Most of us over in the West think Collingwood  are privy to a higher order.

I'm a dockers fan and certainly barracked for the Eagles whenever they played Collingwood .....except for the past couple of years.

I've copped so much crap from the Eagles fans over here now, I barrack for who ever is playing the Eagles....including Collingwood. I would have loved the pies to win last years gf.

So you know how we feel about other Victorian sides. Not all of them necessarily....

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015
Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016
Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball
Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017
Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013

C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel
3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals
C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous.....

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

#10 Sprtan52

Sprtan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSth East Melbourne

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:48 AM

I actually agree with Mug, no way should that be a week if the previous week was just a fine, each case should be judged on its own merits and there shouldn't be any referring back to what happened the week before.

imo its just like when someone does a bump and if they don't actually hurt the bloke its fine but if the receiver gets injured or concussed through no fault of the bumper it becomes weeks

#11 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6934 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:43 AM

I actually agree with Mug, no way should that be a week if the previous week was just a fine, each case should be judged on its own merits and there shouldn't be any referring back to what happened the week before.

imo its just like when someone does a bump and if they don't actually hurt the bloke its fine but if the receiver gets injured or concussed through no fault of the bumper it becomes weeks

unfortunately this is way things work..  have priors    be it from the week before on 2 years ago  it shows that you really havent learned anything by your actions irregardless of how remorseful you are.

every case would be judged on its own merrits but however if you dont learn and your fronting up at the tribunal  then dont expect a slap on the wrist each time

how would it be  if these gangs in melbourne go to court for hijacking a vechile and the judge says 5 hours community service   then the week later  the same person commits the same offence  but what happened the week before  shouldnt have no bearing on this and the same judge says ok  5 hours community service

if the tribunal see  that  toby greene walks free  for this weekend  then we really have a gutless tribunal system in the afl  as they should upheld the 1 match ban or give him more  as clearly he thinks he can get away with his actions and wont take the responsibilty for it...   

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#12 Sprtan52

Sprtan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSth East Melbourne

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:34 AM

The AFL made this bed, they should have to lie in it not TG, he should never have gotten off the first one but since he did they have set the bar

#13 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5915 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:59 PM

You blokes actually see this week's footage? 

https://mobile.twitt...891700210556929

He definitely scratches at his eyes. There was no video footage that he did that last week. 

• ozdevil likes this

#14 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3573 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:04 PM

Aren't you supposed to get the suspension doubled when you challenge the original ruling and it fails ?
Jon...

#15 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • 38129 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:10 PM

how would it be  if these gangs in melbourne go to court for hijacking a vechile and the judge says 5 hours community service   then the week later  the same person commits the same offence  but what happened the week before  shouldnt have no bearing on this and the same judge says ok  5 hours community service

Ha....that's happening every week in the courts.   As quick as they are remanded they are bailed....breach bail conditions and then repeat..... 

• Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
  • Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
  • Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012
  • Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
  • Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
  • Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013
  • Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013
  • Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015
  • Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015
  • Eagle - Par 4 - 3rd at Long Reef GC (NSW) - 18/9/2018
  • Eagle - Par 5 - 8th at Cape Schanck GC - 18/3/2019
  • Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015
  • Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015
  • Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016
  • Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event
  • Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016
  • Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016
  • Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016
  • Best stroke score OTS - 77 - Gardiners Run GC - 11/11/2018
  • Captains Trophy winner (VPGC) - 2018

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users