• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Psych101

Psych101

Suspect

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:36 PM

Hi Golfers, you probably all know how important playing golf is for your mental health. 

I am conducting research as part of my Master of Psychology I am looking at what social and personality factors are associated with depression and would really appreciate your participation in this online survey. *Especially males*

The more participants we have the more meaningful the outcome of the research will be!

All you need to do is fill out an anonymous online survey that should take approx. 15 minutes. You will then be able to enter a draw to win one of five $50 online vouchers.

*The survey can be found here*

https://acu.qualtric...3F1KwUxVInWi9oh

The project has been approved by the Australian Catholic University Human Research Ethics Committee. Should you require any further information please contact Dr Hamilton at david.hamilton@acu.edu.au. Anyone over the age of 18 can participate.

MUCH APPRECIATED!

• VijayJay and Psych101 like this

#2 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14696 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:50 PM

Hi Golfers, you probably all know how important playing golf is for your mental health. 

I am conducting research as part of my Master of Psychology I am looking at what social and personality factors are associated with depression and would really appreciate your participation in this online survey. *Especially males*

The more participants we have the more meaningful the outcome of the research will be!

All you need to do is fill out an anonymous online survey that should take approx. 15 minutes. You will then be able to enter a draw to win one of five $50 online vouchers.

*The survey can be found here*

https://acu.qualtric...3F1KwUxVInWi9oh

The project has been approved by the Australian Catholic University Human Research Ethics Committee. Should you require any further information please contact Dr Hamilton at david.hamilton@acu.edu.au. Anyone over the age of 18 can participate.

MUCH APPRECIATED!

Been there so don't mind doing the survey to put my twist on things.  If you go to page 2 in this thread you will find a title  "Charlotte Dawson" - Dealing With Depression.  Bit of a read but it may also give you an idea of how a forum community thinks and offers support.  Unfortunately, we have lost a few very good ISEEK mates to depression and I'm sure we collectively don't wish to lose any more.

• pegasus2357, Turfers Paradise, Francie and 3 others like this

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER
2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.
2018 ISG National Champs Top 10 Finish & 4BBB Champion with Weetie.  

Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

#teamgrank devotee

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#3 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:41 AM

... fill out an anonymous online survey ...

Sheesh, some of those questions have me scratching my head!

#4 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14696 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:56 AM

As she said Hack, it doesn't matter how you respond, it is the sum responses of the answers that give the detail required.  Mind you, I was a bit baffled as to how my responses could indicate how depression may be caused.  But I guess that's why I'm not going for a Masters in Clinical Psychology.. :rolleyes:

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER
2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.
2018 ISG National Champs Top 10 Finish & 4BBB Champion with Weetie.  

Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

#teamgrank devotee

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#5 Psych101

Psych101

Suspect

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:25 PM

Been there so don't mind doing the survey to put my twist on things.  If you go to page 2 in this thread you will find a title  "Charlotte Dawson" - Dealing With Depression.  Bit of a read but it may also give you an idea of how a forum community thinks and offers support.  Unfortunately, we have lost a few very good ISEEK mates to depression and I'm sure we collectively don't wish to lose any more.

I am so sorry that you have lost some of your fellow forum mates to this illness. Although this research wont bring them back, hopefully by better understanding how depression works, and what the risk factors are, we will be better prepared to help people living with depression. Thanks for your feedback and for completing the survey, and i will check out that thread,

• Turfers Paradise likes this

#6 Psych101

Psych101

Suspect

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:25 PM

Thanks for completing!!! 

#7 Psych101

Psych101

Suspect

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:28 PM

As she said Hack, it doesn't matter how you respond, it is the sum responses of the answers that give the detail required.  Mind you, I was a bit baffled as to how my responses could indicate how depression may be caused.  But I guess that's why I'm not going for a Masters in Clinical Psychology.. :rolleyes:

You are quite right!!! And truth is, this doesnt really give us answers about what causes depression (that title was more to garner attention and keep things simple)... the results will give an indication of the risk factors of depression. You cant really determine causation via a survey like this!

#8 PerryGroves

PerryGroves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:58 PM

Psych101,

Not sure where you are going with your survey, I filled it in, but I don't have the issues that have cost us a champion bloke.

Nevertheless, the results you get from here should be weighted higher than others because you are unlikely to get 45 year old plus punters responding to any survey, its not our go.

• Commish likes this

#9 Psych101

Psych101

Suspect

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:11 PM

Perry Groves! The data from the good people on this forum will add a lot to ensure that the results of my research can be generalised to a wider group of people! You are 100% right re middle aged men being unlikely to fill out psychology student surveys! So the input from you all is very much appreciated! Having a balanced representation of females and males is crucial to ensure meaningful results! So thanks again to you all for taking the time to fill this out.

Also, happy to share my findings with whoever is interested. when they are ready. just let me know!

Psych101,

Not sure where you are going with your survey, I filled it in, but I don't have the issues that have cost us a champion bloke.

Nevertheless, the results you get from here should be weighted higher than others because you are unlikely to get 45 year old plus punters responding to any survey, its not our go.

• CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

#10 Birdie Blitz

Birdie Blitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 10:20 AM

Perry Groves! The data from the good people on this forum will add a lot to ensure that the results of my research can be generalised to a wider group of people! You are 100% right re middle aged men being unlikely to fill out psychology student surveys! So the input from you all is very much appreciated! Having a balanced representation of females and males is crucial to ensure meaningful results! So thanks again to you all for taking the time to fill this out.

Also, happy to share my findings with whoever is interested. when they are ready. just let me know!

Hey Psych101, I would be keen to find out the results of the survey, when are you going to close the survey off?? I work at the National Ageing Research Institute in Parkville and there are some close parallels with some our projects. You can direct message me through the site or look me up on the NARI website.

Cheers,

Scott

• CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

#11 Turfers Paradise

Turfers Paradise

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18045 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:46 PM

Survey done and dusted
  • hack2489 likes this