#1 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8950 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:12 AM

Well there is a turn up for the books..... Well done on becoming world number 1 ladies tennis player

Looking from the outside you play the game in the spirit that is intended and you are a credit to all....

Now if only some of the male Aussie tennis players could take note of how to conduct yourself on and off the tennis court

• CaNadiAn MiCk, Weetbix and Schmuck like this

VTTP 006

#2 VijayJay

VijayJay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:02 AM

One thing that I am continually finding amusing about the Australian media is how the second sentence of every article or report on Ash is related to anyone else other than herself.

Why can't Ash simply be celebrated for her own successes without needing to be compared to the other tennis players, or cricketers or snooker players or anyone.

Well done Ash, may you continue to have all of the future positive stories written about your achievements and deserved admiration.
  • CaNadiAn MiCk, Schmuck and HitNhope like this

#3 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2004 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:13 PM

Wasn't she snubbed by Tennis Australia or the AIS a few years ago? Had to fund her own coaches and trainers with no help from TA?

As a Tennis player, she did good as a cricketer too!

What's her golf swing like? Probably plays of single figures.

Edited by hack2489, 24 June 2019 - 05:13 PM.

• CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

#4 PerryGroves

PerryGroves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:26 PM

One thing that I am continually finding amusing about the Australian media is how the second sentence of every article or report on Ash is related to anyone else other than herself.

Why can't Ash simply be celebrated for her own successes without needing to be compared to the other tennis players, or cricketers or snooker players or anyone.

Well done Ash, may you continue to have all of the future positive stories written about your achievements and deserved admiration.

Agreed VijayJay, especially any comparison to those odious little toads Tomic and Kygrios which seems to follow any sentence mentioning her humility.

Congrats Ash, well played.

• Schmuck and Goldy like this

#5 The B T

The B T

Non Caring or Playing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1458 posts
  • LocationOuter circle

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:29 PM

Agreed VijayJay, especially any comparison to those odious little toads Tomic and Kygrios which seems to follow any sentence mentioning her humility.

Congrats Ash, well played.

I'm a fan too

“I will put my b***s in your mouth. And I will give you some money to make you feel good.”

Just Counting my money. “I don’t care about that match point—would you care if you were 23 and worth over $10 million?”

Nothing is my fault!

I'm Granking!

#6 The B T

The B T

Non Caring or Playing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1458 posts
  • LocationOuter circle

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:29 PM

Overrated?

“I will put my b***s in your mouth. And I will give you some money to make you feel good.”

Just Counting my money. “I don’t care about that match point—would you care if you were 23 and worth over $10 million?”

Nothing is my fault!

I'm Granking!

#7 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3542 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:54 PM

BT yes, a legend in his/your own lunchtime !
Jon...

#8 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8950 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:47 AM

Bugger....

But lost with style, kudos to her for run of late and the manner in which she handled the loss...

Hopefully just a bump on the road and normal service resumes when next she plays

• CaNadiAn MiCk and hack2489 like this

VTTP 006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users