87 replies to this topic

#1 ZigZag

ZigZag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:35 PM

After a rather protracted disciplinary hearing Izzie's contract was torn up by Rugby Australia for what he alleges was merely "quoting from the bible".

Izzie allegedly posted "drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters" would go to hell unless they repented.

It now appears that Wallabies team mate and Waratahs hooker Tolu Latu may be heading for that very hot/fiery place after being charged with drink driving.

" The difference in golf and government is that in golf you cannot improve your lie "

#2 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:50 PM

The religious beliefs and culture of many Islanders run very deep, it all comes down to their contract and what they can or can't say.
The use of social media is now the number one area of political correctness for everyone in the world !
Jon...

#3 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25447 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:17 PM

Folau should be allowed to express his personal opinion on the religion he follows, provided he doesn't suggest they are the opinions of his employer.

If he followed islam and expressed a standard islamic view, would he have then been sacked? I doubt that Rugby Australia would've had the guts.
Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club
People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
West Gippsland Veterans Champion 2017 & 2018
Olinda Golf Club B Grade champion 2018

#4 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43442 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:51 PM

Folau should be allowed to express his personal opinion on the religion he follows, provided he doesn't suggest they are the opinions of his employer.

If he followed islam and expressed a standard islamic view, would he have then been sacked? I doubt that Rugby Australia would've had the guts.

No - there wouldn't have been a public outcry

Nevertheless Israel promised not to do it again a year ago so he bought his own house down

What do they say about shitting in your own nest?
  • Schmuck likes this

Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

2018 Nationals 4BBB Champion with Commish
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 2 round at Kooralbyn

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 3 round at Sanctuary Cove Pines
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#5 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6935 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:38 PM

After a rather protracted disciplinary hearing Izzie's contract was torn up by Rugby Australia for what he alleges was merely "quoting from the bible".

Izzie allegedly posted "drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters" would go to hell unless they repented.

It now appears that Wallabies team mate and Waratahs hooker Tolu Latu may be heading for that very hot/fiery place after being charged with drink driving.

i have been offended by his post on twitter , i cant say much more but i am suing him... as i am an athiest  and most likely fit into the drunk side of things........  i had always thought at some stage in my life the good man would forgive for being a drunk and wanting to not being part of being in a church

karma will rain

• Turfers Paradise likes this
I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#6 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:02 PM

i have been offended by his post on twitter , i cant say much more but i am suing him... as i am an athiest  and most likely fit into the drunk side of things........  i had always thought at some stage in my life the good man would forgive for being a drunk and wanting to not being part of being in a church

karma will rain

Hey Oz, maybe Carlton can pickup Izzy for a song in the delisted, midseason draft ?
Couldn't do any worse than what's happening atm !
You might have to drop the law suit to get him on-board :)
Jon...

Edited by golfguy33, 19 May 2019 - 08:03 PM.

#7 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16283 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:40 PM

Jesus died on the cross to save all sinners. All you have to do is repent your sins. Of course if you don’t believe any of this then I don’t see how you can be offended and imply that that the above beliefs are discrimination.
FWIW if I posted up on Facebook something similar and my Employer was informed about it I would face a disciplinary meeting because it’s not in line with the organisations values.
If I did it again I would be sacked.
Diversity and respecting the rights of others is a fine value as long as you respect the rights of all to have their say even when you don’t agree with them.
An Organisation or Employer has the right to set the values. If you don’t agree don’t work there.
Falou made it clear in the end he didn’t want to support the values of his Employer privately or Publicly.
His choice.
His loss.
I hope he knows how to repent the sin of Pride.

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 2.0 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#8 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20072 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:39 PM

I find it weird that these guys are held accountable for things that occur "off the field", and generally after hours.

Are they paid for 24 hours a day, and if so, why aren't the rest of us?

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

2018 Coober Pedy Opal Fields Open

2018 Alice Springs Invitational
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog, Gardiners Run.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

#9 Turfers Paradise

Turfers Paradise

2019 GCSAQ Queensland Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18122 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:41 PM

I thought I was told only 144,000 people were going to make it to Heaven......... it’s in the Old Testament, so, based on those figures, you can make your own mind up who is going to Heaven, as there are more than that figure, in a ‘myriad’ of persuasions. The world is so fcuked up, you cannot have a freedom of speech, because, you will offend some karnt in some group, that don’t like labels, yet change labels to suit their cause.

Forgive me for the rant, but , I’ve tolerated being called a ranga which is a derogatory term insinuating i am an orangutan, for years, and laughed it off, but , hell may sue the next karnt that calls me that. If it’s good enough for Andrew Symons,
to be hurt by the barb, it’s good enough for me.
  • Schmuck likes this
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer
Winner C Grade Gross 90/70 01/06/2019 Monthly Medal

‘99% of short putts do go in, they are the leftovers of your original putt’

#10 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16283 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:25 PM

Eddie McGuire must think he is a blessed man hey?

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 2.0 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#11 PerryGroves

PerryGroves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:34 PM

I always thought Israel was a version of the gay bashers from years past.

This is always a go to clip when people choose to quote certain bits of the bible at the exclusion of others.

• pegasus2357, Schmuck and Goldy like this

#12 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39926 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:36 PM

This is always a go to clip when people choose to quote certain bits of the bible at the exclusion of others.

One of my favourites.

• PerryGroves likes this
Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015
Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016
Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball
Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017
Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013

C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel
3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals
C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous.....

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

#13 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8957 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:13 PM

Thank you for reminding me of one of my all time favourite TV shows.... and also it is very apt to topic

VTTP 006

#14 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8957 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:53 PM

I've sat back and watched the shite fight Between Izzy and the ARU unfold and have been stunned, not only as a rugby supporter, but as a part time bar person....

I watched with interest the comments made by Mat Giteau not long after the post Izzy made this year. Mat when he first broke into senior Rugby might have been seen as a bit of a rebel but has mellowed with age. He stated that the day you done that yellow jumper you have to realise that you are now playing for Australia and all its people, no matter race, no matter what.... and that you are now seen as a role model to one and all and that is a big responsibility because not only your actions on the field but what you do and say off the field are all part of that role ....

It is up to the individual to choose if they are Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Atheist or whatever 

It is an individuals right to choose if they what their sexual preference is, provided it is lawful

It is an individuals right to choose how much they drink, apparently not a good idea if you have to say inaugural in a speech though

The list goes on

I've watched the deeply religious islanders, for want of a better word, go out and smash into each other with brutal force, but at the end of the game gather together and say a pray after the game before they go and seek ice packs  for their battered bodies, their circle is not exclusive they welcome any player who wants to join them. They don't push their views and nobody disturbs their moment of prayer....

One wonders how many of the players Izzy has played with in League, AFL or Union might think to themselves fark me I've nearly got a full house from that list I'm off to hell....

One wonders what those who view Izzy as a role model now think

One wonders if one persons post could end up bankrupting the ARU....

Religion as a farking lot to answer for.....

Will Australia miss Izzy in the world cup..... hmmm as a player more than likely yes, but after his posts more than likely not

Hopefully at the end of the day the is a commonsense settlement between Izzy and the ARU

Hopefully I'll not have to inform some of my regular customers that they are going to hell unless they repent and put down that icy cold beer

VTTP 006

#15 marktheblake2

marktheblake2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:53 PM

Well it is a deliberately scripted scene to make it seem like there is no answer, but should those amateur questions have been asked to anyone with half an ounce of understanding they would have floored him.

Edited by marktheblake2, 22 May 2019 - 09:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users