13 replies to this topic

#1 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3541 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:17 PM

is it true that if you are a member at 2 different clubs,you are required to pay affiliation fees at each club.........how is that right?

I am NOT a teacher, coach.
Iam a LEARNER
What I post here is either from the book,OR what I have learnt from it.
You dont like it..fine....dont read it ....SIMPLE

#2 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37580 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:29 PM

Don't expect a quick reply.....he's busy...
  • Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
  • Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
  • Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012
  • Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
  • Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
  • Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013
  • Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013
  • Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015
  • Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015
  • Eagle - Par 4 - 3rd at Long Reef GC (NSW) - 18/9/2018
  • Eagle - Par 5 - 8th at Cape Schanck GC - 18/3/2019
  • Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015
  • Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015
  • Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016
  • Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event
  • Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016
  • Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016
  • Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016
  • Best stroke score OTS - 77 - Gardiners Run GC - 11/11/2018
  • Captains Trophy winner (VPGC) - 2018

#3 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3541 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:33 PM

Don't expect a quick reply.....he's busy...

thanks mate,anybody who knows is sure welcome to chime in,thanks again

Iam a LEARNER

#4 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8852 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:51 AM

To the best of my knowledge if you join a 2nd club you are given the opportunity of deciding which club will be responsible for your golflink.... some clubs that I'm aware of factor in the cost of golflink,and other membership cost into their annual fees...

As a sidenote reckon this might not be the best place on the forum to find the answer that you seek

VTTP 006

#5 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3541 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:10 AM

To the best of my knowledge if you join a 2nd club you are given the opportunity of deciding which club will be responsible for your golflink.... some clubs that I'm aware of factor in the cost of golflink,and other membership cost into their annual fees...

As a sidenote reckon this might not be the best place on the forum to find the answer that you seek

where do i go,thanks

Iam a LEARNER

#6 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25128 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:30 AM

is it true that if you are a member at 2 different clubs,you are required to pay affiliation fees at each club.........how is that right?

It's not right, but it is a fact.

Affiliation fees go to the regional body and pay for such things as pennant, district comps, etc, along with insurance.

Fees go from the regional body to the state body and from there to GA.

The actual fee works out to around $100 per member.  The golflink component is only a couple of dollars.

Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club
People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
West Gippsland Veterans Champion 2017 & 2018
Olinda Golf Club B Grade champion 2018

#7 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3541 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:16 AM

The collection process OB describes is in the process of being reversed. From now on GA will collect affiliation fees from clubs and then distribute funds to district associations. Although I believe that associations can continue to collect affiliation fees if they so desire I don't think many will want the headaches which go with collection (following up late payments etc).

My understanding is that district associations in Queensland are due to make their payment for 2019 on 31 May 2019. GA (GAQ?) is due to make payment to associations for 2020 on 31 May 2020. I would expect that may cause cash flow problems next year given that district associations are used to having their share of affiliation fees by 1 March each year.

I do know that affiliation fees are different for remote clubs, but my Cairns GC renewal shows the fees totaling $73.00 with $18.60 of that going to the FNQGA.

I don't know the answer the original question but under the previous regime it would have been very complicated for each association to figure out who was a member of a club in another association, or even to figure out who was a member of two clubs in the same association.

The new regime could resolve double dipping by GA but only if affiliation fees were based on golflink numbers. I am not aware of any plan within GA to use that method but if it does the main wrinkle would be figuring out how much of the district affiliation fee would go where.

For example I am a member of clubs in Victoria and Queensland. My golflink is in Victoria. Should the FNQGA or GAQ get any part of my Victorian affiliation fees? Should I pay GA once? Or once to GAV and once to GAQ? Should I pay both FNQGA and whatever district my Victorian club is in?

And then there is the $20 affiliation fee GA currently requires for juniors with no handicaps.

Now would be a really good time for GA to figure the whole thing out.

Thanks to all

Iam a LEARNER

#8 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3356 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:28 AM

The golflink component which is circa $2.50 can't be separated as its buried within the GA share of the affiliation fee.  So if like me you are a member of more than 1 club you pay it (along with all the rest of the affiliation fee) multiple times.  

#9 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 16108 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:59 AM

All the management needs to move online via GA at some point. SO much double/triple handling in places, people chasing late invoices, under reporting of member numbers etc.

It would give some accurate numbers out there if all accounts tagged to the actual GL # and billed accordingly. Then GA can disperse accordingly to where funds need to go.

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#10 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8852 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 02 June 2019 - 01:40 PM

All the management needs to move online via GA at some point. SO much double/triple handling in places, people chasing late invoices, under reporting of member numbers etc.

It would give some accurate numbers out there if all accounts tagged to the actual GL # and billed accordingly. Then GA can disperse accordingly to where funds need to go.

Setting a dangerous precedent there Mads.. commonsense approach..... Fark me

VTTP 006

#11 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 16108 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 01:42 PM

Setting a dangerous precedent there Mads.. commonsense approach..... Fark me

thanks,      thank you very much      here all week;)

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#12 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3356 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 02:36 PM

Not sure if it still works like this but we used to pay GV on trust basis, ie we would tell them how many members we had and they would then send us a bill.  They had no way to check and they only got narky, when the payment was well overdue.  If you were more overdue than that eventually they would threaten to suspend the golflink registration of the club and all handicaps attached to that club.

Ignoring non-home club members, golflink numbers rarely tally to membership numbers because most clubs don't promptly suspend defunct members golflink registration or don't do it all.

• CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

#13 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 16108 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:53 PM

Not sure if it still works like this but we used to pay GV on trust basis, ie we would tell them how many members we had and they would then send us a bill. They had no way to check and they only got narky, when the payment was well overdue. If you were more overdue than that eventually they would threaten to suspend the golflink registration of the club and all handicaps attached to that club.

Ignoring non-home club members, golflink numbers rarely tally to membership numbers because most clubs don't promptly suspend defunct members golflink registration or don't do it all.

is it possible the 398k supposed handicap gold members may be actually lower than reported?

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#14 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3356 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:59 PM

is it possible the 398k supposed handicap gold members may be actually lower than reported?

GA would know how many memberships are being paid for from the collection of affiliation fees.  How that reconciles to number of golflink records would be anyone's guess.

• CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users