jinx666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 23 March 2019 - 05:34 PM

Hi Guys
Looking for options for getting a quaility putter fitting in Melbourne.
Thanks in Advance.

#2 FairwayBomber

FairwayBomber

Just one more putt...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1431 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:42 PM

i tried pureform for a putter fitting, which was ok.

i am interested n trying this place: http://coolclubsoz.com.au/

They look very good.

No one tells my caddy Kiwi that he is a f#$%^*g pr1ck!!

#3 iKnobsi

iKnobsi

Pawsome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35826 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 24 March 2019 - 09:49 AM

I used Tim Woods with the Samm putt lab...I found the session really helpful.

#4 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2921 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 11:34 AM

About a dozen Sam putt labs setup around Melbourne at various golf courses. A good area to start with the data provided and a way forward to understand what's required for a better putter. How the data is interpreted is only a small part and not the key to the fitting.
Otherwise you are just being sold another shiny new putter !
Jon...
  • Francie likes this

#5 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9438 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:58 PM

About a dozen Sam putt labs setup around Melbourne at various golf courses. A good area to start with the data provided and a way forward to understand what's required for a better putter. How the data is interpreted is only a small part and not the key to the fitting.
Otherwise you are just being sold another shiny new putter !
Jon...

There seems to be a strong correlation between the putter which SAM says is correct for your stroke and the putters on special that week.

• madness likes this

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#6 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19893 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:32 PM

I think the key to getting a quality putter fitting, is to be consistent.

If you are not consistent with how you putt, eg, set-up, ball position, stroke etc, it will be harder to really dial something in accurately.

The more consistent and repeatable you are, the better the fitting outcome would be I reckon.

I know that I'd be an absolutely shocking prospect for getting a putter fitting, cause I change the ball position, my set-up, grip, and stroke, numerous times during a round.

Sometimes I'll putt "square on" from mid stance, sometimes I'll go with a really strong bottom hand grip for putts which slide away from me, (to try and keep it on line for longer) ......… sometimes I'll play it forward in the stance to get more roll, and sometimes I'll go with a Jack Nicklaus style open address position.

I can change between them all during a round, and that can just depend on how I feel at any given point ... so consistency in terms of a fitting would be an essential I reckon ….. otherwise you're just doing as Jon said, and buying a shiny new putter …….. (not that there's anything wrong with that :D   )

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

2018 Coober Pedy Opal Fields Open

2018 Alice Springs Invitational
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog, Gardiners Run.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

#7 madness

madness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:23 PM

I think the key to getting a quality putter fitting, is to be consistent.

If you are not consistent with how you putt, eg, set-up, ball position, stroke etc, it will be harder to really dial something in accurately.

The more consistent and repeatable you are, the better the fitting outcome would be I reckon.

I know that I'd be an absolutely shocking prospect for getting a putter fitting, cause I change the ball position, my set-up, grip, and stroke, numerous times during a round.

Sometimes I'll putt "square on" from mid stance, sometimes I'll go with a really strong bottom hand grip for putts which slide away from me, (to try and keep it on line for longer) ......… sometimes I'll play it forward in the stance to get more roll, and sometimes I'll go with a Jack Nicklaus style open address position.

I can change between them all during a round, and that can just depend on how I feel at any given point ... so consistency in terms of a fitting would be an essential I reckon ….. otherwise you're just doing as Jon said, and buying a shiny new putter …….. (not that there's anything wrong with that :D   )

The inconsistency comes from using the wrong putter! Once you have the right putter there are no technical thoughts and you are just reading the putt. Matching the toe hang and lie angle to the players action are good starting points.

• golfguy33 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users