#136 HitNhope

HitNhope

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14812 posts
  • LocationHere but not There

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:00 AM

Have you mapped out your route? It's not quite "on the way to bendigo", in fact it's near Daylesford. Nice little country track with some great little greens. You could even swing into Daylesford if a day spa is your thing (no judgement commits!!)

Not yet.. Heading down about 5am on the Tuesday and thought I might play a country track that afternoon, maybe Benalla, Euroa or Seymour and stay overnight.  That would give me about a 3-4 hour drive to my digs at Ocean Grove on the Wednesday.  So a round of golf to break up the drive was the thought.  I know I can go the outskirts of the city and get on to the M1 or do an outer suburb run using C704, so maybe Gisborne or Bacchus Marsh are a better option than Trentham.  Hence why I thought somewhere that you guys might think would be of interest that's heading in the right direction.  Time frame is not really a prob as long as I get to OG the check in then have a feed and more importantly... A BEER. 

#137 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10387 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:25 AM

Not yet.. Heading down about 5am on the Tuesday and thought I might play a country track that afternoon, maybe Benalla, Euroa or Seymour and stay overnight. That would give me about a 3-4 hour drive to my digs at Ocean Grove on the Wednesday. So a round of golf to break up the drive was the thought. I know I can go the outskirts of the city and get on to the M1 or do an outer suburb run using C704, so maybe Gisborne or Bacchus Marsh are a better option than Trentham. Hence why I thought somewhere that you guys might think would be of interest that's heading in the right direction. Time frame is not really a prob as long as I get to OG the check in then have a feed and more importantly... A BEER.

If you're open to gisbourne, thrn I'd recommend the slightly longer drive to get out to trentham for a hit. I like Gizzy, but rate trentham higher in the enjoyment scale.
  • HitNhope likes this
Because some idiots complain that my sig is too large:
th_Ghettobanner_zpsik8air89.jpg

Golflink: http://www.golf.org....icap/3013502329

#138 KEG

KEG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1015 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:41 PM

Not yet.. Heading down about 5am on the Tuesday and thought I might play a country track that afternoon, maybe Benalla, Euroa or Seymour and stay overnight.  That would give me about a 3-4 hour drive to my digs at Ocean Grove on the Wednesday.  So a round of golf to break up the drive was the thought.  I know I can go the outskirts of the city and get on to the M1 or do an outer suburb run using C704, so maybe Gisborne or Bacchus Marsh are a better option than Trentham.  Hence why I thought somewhere that you guys might think would be of interest that's heading in the right direction.  Time frame is not really a prob as long as I get to OG the check in then have a feed and more importantly... A BEER. 

Geelong GC is a nice little course, not over ally long but some nice challenging holes. Fairways and greens always in ripping nick. Only a 9 hole course these days since it re opened. $20-25 for 9 holes.

• GhettoGolfer and HitNhope like this

-2015 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade & Overall Winner
-2016 Team Winner of the Vincent Cup @ Barwon Heads
-2017 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade Winner & N/P
-2017 GDGA Div 5 Pennant Winners (Winchelsea)
-2018 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "A" Grade Winner

-2019 Team Winner Barwon Cup @ Barwon Heads

-2019 A Grade 27 hole Nett Winner Geelong GC Open
Single figures reached(9.5) on 28//8/2016
Lowest H/C 5.4  on 13/09/19
PB Round 69/7/62!! (16/3/19) Winchelsea par 69
PB Round 76/11/65 (14/7/18) Curlewis par 72
2018 Nationals Putting God!!😎👊
http://www.golflink....49&dt=1&skip=1#<p><p>https://www.gamegolf.../player/keggolf

#139 HitNhope

HitNhope

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14812 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:52 PM

Geelong GC is a nice little course, not over ally long but some nice challenging holes. Fairways and greens always in ripping nick. Only a 9 hole course these days since it re opened. $20-25 for 9 holes.

Might just play Trentham in honour of PJ as he was part of the Trentham Dream Team.  Only fitting I put a ball or two in the water for him.  If they don't have any water, I'm sure I'll lose a couple anyway. :)  :(

• GhettoGolfer and KEG like this

#140 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10387 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:54 PM

Might just play Trentham in honour of PJ as he was part of the Trentham Dream Team. Only fitting I put a ball or two in the water for him. If they don't have any water, I'm sure I'll lose a couple anyway. :) :(

There's a small pond, can't remember which hole, and it ices over in the depths of winter.

#141 HitNhope

HitNhope

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14812 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:39 PM

There's a small pond, can't remember which hole, and it ices over in the depths of winter.

So it should only have a thin covering of ice by October..... correct?

#142 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10387 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:01 PM

So it should only have a thin covering of ice by October..... correct?

Define thin?

#143 HitNhope

HitNhope

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14812 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 06:38 AM

Kiwi's patience levels. :D   

Edited by Commish, 05 April 2019 - 06:39 AM.

• pegasus2357, Francie, iRON MiCK and 3 others like this

#144 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10387 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:21 AM

Kiwi's patience levels. :D

Closer to obnoxious than thin. Lol. Grumpy Smurf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users