I got this

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12071 posts
  • LocationJDM heaven

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:37 PM

https://www.google.c...fEaAkGQEALw_wcB

Farken terrible 😖

That's even uglier than the abomination Mouldy designed and made Kari Lajosi build.
I think Kari is still in therapy.
  • Schmuck and Fill the Dill like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3011891841

2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2014 Bendigo Slog Pairs Winner with Ghetto
2014 Vic ISG Matchplay Runner Up
2015 Vic ISG Matchplay Semi Finalist
2016 Keysborough GC April Medal Winner
2016 ISG Race to 6 Winner
2017 Torquay OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2017 Overall A Grade OOM Winner
2017 Vic ISG Goldy Trophy Runner Up
2018 Bacon Wide Tour Keysie Invitational Winner
2018 ISG National Champion*
2018 Stink/GPJ Trophy Winner Gardiners Run OOM
Have never been beaten by Mick off the stick

#17 Schmuck

Schmuck

B grade Chopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11013 posts
  • Location1 club shorter

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:07 AM

Couldnt have been worse if you had of used it as a chipper......

You've labelled me Rob ;(
  • RobNewy likes this
Nothing makes sense, except GOATS, they ALWAYS make sense

Ever noticed that Ducks swagger?

I am only half trying

"Be brave if you lose and meek if you win"

#18 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5839 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:19 AM

Does anyone help me with What putter are you using right now? can I use this 2 putters?

•  Cleveland Golf Men`s TFI 1 Blade Putter Right 33 Inch[/size]
  •   Ray Cook Golf Silver Ray SR 800 Putter 35 inches[/size]
Guessing the question is "are these putters any good". Well I wouldn't use them. Aluminium headed putters are good from long range on slow greens but are treacherous on fast greens and on short putts.
Blade putters can be difficult to line up and are very unforgiving on the slightest miss hit.
Look around for something that is easy to line up, sits well at address, is mid-weighted, feels soft through the strike even on miss hits.

#19 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:54 PM

TM Spider, great putter

#20 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1664 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:23 AM

Geez, old mate Richard didn't hang around, last long, on here. 🤔

We really must try and be more welcoming. 👍

As for putters, I'm still quite happy with my queen Bee #8 from the Bettinardi stable.

#21 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:07 PM

Intrigued by the Seemore system. Is there anyone on here gaming one?

#22 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39504 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:27 PM

Me.
Can honestly say I’ve never noticed or looked for the alignment dot.

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous..... 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

NTP Yering Meadows 25th hole 1/12/18...and again 30/12/18 | NTP YM 12th hole 24/2/19

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

#23 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5469 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:27 PM

Geez, old mate Richard didn't hang around, last long, on here. 🤔

We really must try and be more welcoming. 👍

As for putters, I'm still quite happy with my queen Bee #8 from the Bettinardi stable.

That things so heavy I’m not surprised you’ve done yer back.
  • hack2489 likes this
http://www.golf.org....icap/4070201550
What can possibly go wrong?

#24 iKnobsi

iKnobsi

Pawsome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35832 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:07 PM

Yep, I've used it to assist with my alignment... worked well... I've moved on, it's in the spare bag now

Edited by Ink🐾, 19 February 2019 - 08:08 PM.

#25 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5839 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:44 PM

Geez, old mate Richard didn't hang around, last long, on here.
We really must try and be more welcoming.

He posted from Bangladesh. Golf is not a popular sport over there. They are more into cricket. Probably is a newbie to the game who made the mistake of posting on here.
  • The B T likes this

#26 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3323 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:18 PM

Does anyone help me with What putter are you using right now? can I use this 2 putters?
  1.  Cleveland Golf Men`s TFI 1 Blade Putter Right 33 Inch
  2.   Ray Cook Golf Silver Ray SR 800 Putter 35 inches

Don't be stupid, you absolutely must not use those putters.

Wait till I am offloading a putter, buy that one and you authorised to use that one.

#27 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2921 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:50 PM

He posted from Bangladesh. Golf is not a popular sport over there. They are more into cricket. Probably is a newbie to the game who made the mistake of posting on here.

Suspect old mate might be dodging the bombing air raids happening between India and Pakistan atm.

Jon...

#28 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:50 PM

The old bloke on Gravity Golf website putts with a chair. He is probably better at putting with the chair than many people with expensive putters!

The answer is two three parted to the Op's question .

1) Any putter that works with your technique is a good putter

2) If your technique is erratic, an expensive putter won't save you ( ask me how I know)

3) If you are an arc method putter a toe down putter will suit. If you are a down the line method putter, then a face balanced putter will suit you better.

Edited by xrman1954, 01 March 2019 - 03:02 PM.

#29 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:21 PM

Have had a session at Golf Fitting Hub this week and found it to be a terrific experience. An hour long session dedicated to measuring all aspects of the putting process from set up, alignment, stroke, equipment and tempo. I learnt that I had a putter that was totally inappropriate for my game. It was the wrong type, wrong length and my setup needs some work. Ended up getting a blade putter (Odyssey Stroke Lab One), never had one of them before. It has 65* toe hang and is an inch shorter. The data given by trackman is compelling. Turns out my stroke isn’t too bad and I’m actually quite accurate but my putter type and setup wasn’t conducive to good alignment or speed, pretty difficult to make putts with those two areas out of whack! Looking forward to testing the new weapon on the weekend!
  • Francie, FairwayBomber, The B T and 1 other like this

#30 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19894 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:54 PM

Considering its the most used club in the bag, and the club that can impact your score the most, some people don't put much thought into getting one.

Often I see people have a few putts with a couple of putters, and then just grab the one that sinks a few and hand over their hard earned.

Not many spend the time to work out what sort of putter actually would either suit, or not suit them.

Here's my thoughts on getting a new putter.

1. Work out what sort of natural putting stroke you have, straight back n straight thru, a slight arc, a moderate arc, a bloody big arc.

2. Know which type of putter suits what type of stroke. eg face balanced, slight toe hang, mid toe hang, a lot of toe hang etc.  (balance the shaft of the putter on a finger and see where the toe points to find out)

3. Armed with that knowledge, you can eliminate 80% of putters without even getting them off the rack.

4. Get into your normal putting position …. if the toe of the putter sits either up or down, get rid of it. (It should sit flat)

5. Does the grip feel the right thickness for you? (If not, get rid of it, or consider swapping grips to something that does feel right ..... if all the other criteria are met)

6. Do your hands rest comforably on the grip, eg, not up high or way down low on the grip? If not, get rid of it. (or chop or extend the club if all the other criteria are met)

7. Do the alignments marks on the putter make it easy for you to point it along the line you've chosen? If not, get rid of it. (eg, one dot, a short line, a long line, multiple lines, 2balls, etc, etc.)

8, When you putt with it …. does the putter provide the sort of feel / feedback you want, eg, hard, or soft feel etc. If not, get rid of it.

9. Does the putter roll the ball easily and smoothly …….. if not, get rid of it.

10. If you feel confident with it, and it feels like a 2nd skin, buy it ….. if not, keep looking. 

Just my thoughts ...  ;)

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

2018 Coober Pedy Opal Fields Open

2018 Alice Springs Invitational
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog, Gardiners Run.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users