Photo

Hi I'm New Here! I Live In The United States...That O.K.?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowXOR

ShadowXOR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 08:21 PM

I noticed this forum is "Australasia's" Ultimate Golf Website. Which I'm guessing means Australia and Asia. I live in California in the U.S.A. I hope this doesn't bother anyone. I just wanted to say hi. I just started getting into golf, this is my second thread, my first being in the equipment forum asking about which clubs to get since I'm so new. So I hope I'm welcome! Well heres some info about me, I'm an 18 year old male. I'm going to college for graphic and 3-d Design, and my website is www.loneshadow.com I also have a neat-o forum at www.loneshadow.com/forum , but its about graphic design mostly. This will be the place I come for all my golfing needs from now on lol, you should see me around pretty often! smile.gif

#2 Malby

Malby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 10:47 PM

I think there are a few people on the forums from the states

#3 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 11:24 PM

Hi ShadowXOR,
Welcome aboard and no problems about being American...we forgive you :wink:

Hope you enjoy using the forums and the website!

Jason
iseekgolf.com

#4 ShadowXOR

ShadowXOR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 11:38 PM

Hi ShadowXOR,
Welcome aboard and no problems about being American...we forgive you  :wink:  

Hope you enjoy using the forums and the website!

Jason
iseekgolf.com

Yeah I'm embarassed :oops: I'd rather be a lot of things other then American! You don't know much about me yet but you'll learn that I'm not your average American. I'm not proud of what the country and president is doing...but that's a whole nother thread! wink.gif Thanks for welcoming me!

#5 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 12:05 AM

Don't be too worried about being from the US, you could be from New Zealand! laugh.gif

#6 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 12:12 AM

hindo...

some things neva change huh...

mau.

#7 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 01:04 AM

hindo...

some things neva change huh...

mau.

mau,

it was just supposed to be funny. my father-in-law is from NZ, I've been there several times and have nothing against the country or the people.

bot thay sure do talk a buut fooni.

#8 Malby

Malby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 01:28 AM

Yeah I'm embarassed :oops: I'd rather be a lot of things other then American!  You don't know much about me yet but you'll learn that I'm not your average American.  I'm not proud of what the country and president is doing...but that's a whole nother thread! wink.gif  Thanks for welcoming me!

I'm a yank. I moved to Australia when I was youngewr, and I would never look back.

That said, you can't help what a 3 time failed businessman does with the country. Its a shame he managed to scrooge the voting system and get himself the presidency. Even when one considers how many times he's been completely unable to run a company, or a state, and now he has a whole country to drive to bankruptcy.

So forget about it. he'll be gone in 2 more years.

#9 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 01:36 AM

hindo,

don't take offence to what I posted...I cracked up when I read it.. biggrin.gif

what I was meaning to say is even after moving back to Brunei from Perth, I still get to see NZ bashing...I guess its like pommy bashing...you can neva get it out of the system...

Mau... :wink:

#10 ShadowXOR

ShadowXOR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 01:36 AM

Yeah I'm embarassed :oops: I'd rather be a lot of things other then American!  You don't know much about me yet but you'll learn that I'm not your average American.  I'm not proud of what the country and president is doing...but that's a whole nother thread! wink.gif  Thanks for welcoming me!

I'm a yank. I moved to Australia when I was youngewr, and I would never look back.

That said, you can't help what a 3 time failed businessman does with the country. Its a shame he managed to scrooge the voting system and get himself the presidency. Even when one considers how many times he's been completely unable to run a company, or a state, and now he has a whole country to drive to bankruptcy.

So forget about it. he'll be gone in 2 more years.

Once I have the money I'm leaving. Yeah I hope Bush isn't re-elected that would be awful, he'll probably rig the next election too... When I can get some cash I'm gone to Canada or Australia.

#11 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 01:39 AM

hindo,

don't take offence to what I posted...I cracked up when I read it.. biggrin.gif

what I was meaning to say is even after moving back to Brunei from Perth, I still get to see NZ bashing...I guess its like pommy bashing...you can neva get it out of the system...

Mau...    :wink:

Oh I see now. Maybe I should have said that at least you're not from England!! laugh.gif

#12 sharkboy

sharkboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationNewcastle NSW

Posted 13 September 2002 - 12:35 PM

Welcome aboard ShadowXOR.

Hmmm i see much postal work in your future... biggrin.gif

Just in case you are getting worried, I'm not saying you will go 'postal', but i dare say more than a few golf enthusiasts here source some of their equipment from the USA where prices can be much more reasonable. smile.gif

#13 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 07:11 PM

Always thinking 2 steps ahead Sharkboy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users