79 replies to this topic

#76 The Butler

The Butler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:51 PM

Swings and roundabouts is sometimes the way of golf when your handicap is concerned. Your handicap will plateau and it takes a while to take the next step but it varies how long before you have another drop in handicap and it’s a wait and see.
It will drop in good time but keep doing what works or have a lesson to fix any issues.

I keep telling myself I will get some lessons but yet to get around to it as there are a number of things that I know need improvement. I did drop to a daily of 8 reasonably quick only playing 1 round off 10 and 3 of 9 round due to 2 cracker found a in the 70's. I think 9 or 10 is currently where I should be having only been back for 7mths. A lesson soon to work on ball striking I think is the plan as it is so varied atm. I'm a work in progress haha
  • Tochakka likes this

My Handicap

https://www.golf.org.au/handicap/5050801904

Follow my journey back to singles and hopefully a lot lower   :D 

http://forums.iseekgolf.com/topic/64887-road-back-to-singles/

Returned to singles 27 April 2019

Lowest GA HC 6.5 (2012/13ish)

2019/2020 season goals:

• GA HC to 5.0 
  • Make the 2019/2020 club champ finals. 
  • Top 5 at the 2019 National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Championship to be played at Ballarat GC
  • HC low enough to be considered to our premier grade pennants team

#77 The Butler

The Butler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 10:44 AM

So needed to put in a good one yesterday or I risked blowing out another 0.8 to 8.6 and i was able to deliver. It so rewarding when mostly everything goes right when you are under a bit of pressure to shoot a good one. Playing of a daily HC of 9 and starting off the 10th i went out with 21pts.

Par on the 10th just missing the birdie try.

Birdie on par 5 11th and again just missing the eagle putt.

12 and 13 were pars with the birdie putts great for length but about half a cup off line.

14 i hit really bad tee shot with the P790 2 UDI that i had just put in the bag that morning which resulted in a bogey 5.

15 i bombed the drive down the guts on out 1 index hole leaving me a wedge in from 110m uphill but with the breeze assisting, was well off line but lagged it up there to take my 4 and move on.

16 is a short par 4 and hit the UDI straight down the guts, then my 50 to around 8 foot. Feeling confident for another birdie to get back to -1 for the round i pushed the putt past by 4 foot and then missed the return putt resulting in a 3 putt and my second bogey for the round. (was pretty annoyed at myself)

17 and 18 were both bogeys, drives that were just a touch off left me with shots in that just missed the greens and my chips just checked up way quicker than i expected. Walked off 18 feeling good with 21pts and ready to tackle the front 9. 

1st i hit the UDI again and the ball strike was great but just faded a little into tree, punched out to 15m short of the front edge. Pin was cut about 4m on and a chip with my 54 landed about 2m on and trickled back off the green. Putted up but past the hole and missed the return putt resulting in a scrub. 

2nd UDI off the tee again. Similar to the 1st slight push fade into trees. Punch to front of green but this time chip with the 54 was solid to 2 foot and cleaned up for par and a 3 pointer as i get a shot there. 

3rd par 5 driver to left edge of fairway. 2nd shot is blind over and down a hill and hit this cracker 2m draw with my 3hy to 5m from the front edge. Putter form off the green to a foot, tap in birdie and about 3 pointer so that makes up for the scrub on the first. 

Par 3 4th is uphill to a 2 tier green that would be 5m wide by 20m long with bunkers cut close on both sides the bottom tier. Ranged finder gave me 150m on the dot. It play a club long but with the breeze that basically cancelled that and hit a great 7i, about 8ft for birdie but just missed it.

5th took a bogey 5, good drive, pushed approach, putted up but too firm then 2 putt. 

6th pretty regulation par on out short down hill par 3, about a 20m drop.

7th Par 5, pushed drive right in fear of OOB left, punched out to 100m but caught the pitch heavy and short of the green, putted as i didn't have much green to work with and feared my chip getting stuck in the kikuyu and not rolling out. thoughts of the 5th in my head i didn't hit it hard enough leaving a 8-9ft par put that i missed. 

8th Par 3 good 7i in to the breeze leaving about 14ft. Just missed the putt on the low side for birdie but a pretty easy par. 

And the 9th last hole for us, UDI to 145m it was a bit out the toe and didn't go as far as id have liked but never the less it was in the fairway. By this time the breeze had pick up and i was left with was was playing about 155m uphill into it, pulled 6i swung easy, contact was pure but was a club shot id say. chipped to 4ft, holed the putt. 

Finally i played the front 9 decently having 18pts coming in. 21 out 18 in = 39pts for a 78 or +6 on the card.

2x Birdies

9x Pars

6x Bogeys

1x Doubles (scrub)

34 putts with 2x 3 jabs (scrubs i count as 3 putts)

4/14 FIR

9/18 GIR

GA HC remains at 7.8 as there was a 5.1 dropping off and the played to for the round was a 5.3. I have 5 flags in the next 6 rounds coming off ranging from 7.1-10.6 so fingers crossed yesterdays round is the spark i needed. Everything just seems to flow well. 

• Francie likes this

My Handicap

2019/2020 season goals:

• GA HC to 5.0 
  • Top 5 at the 2019 National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Championship to be played at Ballarat GC

#78 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43172 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:32 PM

Very good stuff to perform when you had to

Would have been nice to repeat the front nine performance!

Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

2018 Nationals 4BBB Champion with Commish
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 2 round at Kooralbyn

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 3 round at Sanctuary Cove Pines
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#79 The Butler

The Butler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:06 PM

Very good stuff to perform when you had to

Would have been nice to repeat the front nine performance!

Thanks. Yeah unfortunately only getting 3 shots on the back 9 doesn't mean huge scoring for me. That being said I had birdie opportunities that only just missed so with a but of luck it could have been 21/21 but just not my day for it and the scrub didn't help. Putting was much better than Thursday though so huge positive and motivation for next weekend.
  • Weetbix likes this

My Handicap

2019/2020 season goals:

• GA HC to 5.0 

#80 The Butler

The Butler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 06:35 PM

Manager to get out both yesterday and today for a hit. Yesterday was at the home track for the usual Saturday comp. With yet another flagged round coming off i need to play to or around my HC and i totally smashed it out the park having my best round since returning to golf. Started with a double (scrub) on the first then managed to have 2 bogeys and a bird in the next 8 hole to give me 18 points, +3, 38 on the front. Back 9 start well with par, birdie, par, par, par then a wayward drive on 15 lead to the second double of the round. I bounced back with a birdie on 16 then pared 17 and 18 giving me 24 points, even, 37 on the back 9 for a total 42 points, +3, 75 off the beater. The TM 2i UDI performed very well for me and overall i struck the ball well and putted well. I won the day so that topped up the account and i got a $100 bar voucher for the overall win as it was a memorial round for a member that had pasts a while back. GA HC went down to 7.1 from 7.8. Stats for the day were.

3x Birdies

11x Pars

2x Bogeys

2x Doubles (1 was the scrub)

31 putts with 1x 3 jabs (scrubs i count as 3 putts)

6/14 FIR

11/18 GIR

Today was a totally different story playing at the Tanunda Pines Open. Started with a bogey and then 4 putted, yes you are reading that right 4 PUTTED on our 2nd hole for a triple and after that i just struggled to get going. Its always tough away from the home track so that is something i need to work on. I had 43 out and 45 in for a gross 88 nett 80. stats were:

1x Birdies

5x Pars

8x Bogeys

3x Doubles

1x Triple

33 putts with 2x 3 jabs and 1x 4 hahahahahahahahahahahahahha

5/14 FIR

3/18 GIR

GA HC when out 0.1 to 7.2 Kinda hovering around here atm but i know it will all come together and i will drop again and hopefully i can reach some of my goals. The ability is still there just need to work on the execution.

• iRON MiCK likes this

My Handicap

2019/2020 season goals:

• GA HC to 5.0 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users