Photo

Different Shot Shape With Different Balls???

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Butler

The Butler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:02 PM

So the missus got me a box of Titleist DT Trusoft for xmas as she knew i wanted to get back into golf this year. Now i don't actually mind it as a ball but i have a question for you all. Why is it when using the DT Trusoft am i able to get a nice draw shape with most my shots but when i use a TM TP5 i seem to get more of a gentle fade shape. This is using the same stance, same swing, same ball position ect. Anyone have some insight?

#2 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14394 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:51 PM

So the missus got me a box of Titleist DT Trusoft for xmas as she knew i wanted to get back into golf this year. Now i don't actually mind it as a ball but i have a question for you all. Why is it when using the DT Trusoft am i able to get a nice draw shape with most my shots but when i use a TM TP5 i seem to get more of a gentle fade shape. This is using the same stance, same swing, same ball position ect. Anyone have some insight?

I don't know, but Boz might..  Ask the same question in the Vision thread in the golf equipment section.

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER
2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.
2018 ISG National Champs Top 10 Finish & 4BBB Champion with Weetie.  

Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

#teamgrank devotee

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#3 Fill the Dill

Fill the Dill

Mong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20689 posts
  • Location#teamgrank

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

How many rounds have you played with the TruSoft?

#4 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9284 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:05 AM

Placebo effect ?

• Monty85, Birdie Blitz and The Butler like this

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#5 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5672 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:31 AM

Mate, if you are just getting back into golf and can do what you wrote, then you should be on tour. When you work out how you do it let us all know your secret because it has nothing to do with the balls, but everything to do with talent.

#6 The Butler

The Butler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:48 AM

How many rounds have you played with the TruSoft?

4 rounds with the Trusoft so far. Its a nice ball to hit and comes off the club well. Obviously being a bit harder i don't get the check on the greens like i do with the TP5

#7 The Butler

The Butler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:53 AM

Mate, if you are just getting back into golf and can do what you wrote, then you should be on tour. When you work out how you do it let us all know your secret because it has nothing to do with the balls, but everything to do with talent.

Will be sure to let everyone know haha 😂😂 it really is strange though.

#8 Monty85

Monty85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:57 AM

Probably the same reason why people think ball A is straighter than ball B.

Answer: it's not. It's just confirmation bias.

| GolfLink 

#9 The Butler

The Butler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:59 AM

Probably the same reason why people think ball A is straighter than ball B.

Answer: it's not. It's just confirmation bias.

Boz gave some insight in the Vision tread. Basically to do with one being high compression, the other low compression and the time the balls spends on the face of the club due to that.

#10 Monty85

Monty85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:12 AM

Boz gave some insight in the Vision tread. Basically to do with one being high compression, the other low compression and the time the balls spends on the face of the club due to that.

Will have to have a look.

Left and right movement of the ball is caused by the ball spinning on a tilted axis either left or right of the center axis.

That is all to do with club delivery.

Even if we accept the compression between the balls is having an effect on the tilt-axis of the ball after being struck the amount of difference would be so small it would be negligible. Certainly not enough to change a fade to a draw,

End of the day, no way to know really unless you go hop on a launch monitor somewhere and test that the ball flights change while your delivery numbers stay the same.

Edited by Monty85, 14 January 2019 - 09:16 AM.

| GolfLink 

#11 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5672 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:26 AM

The factors that influence ball flight are many. Here are some of the common ones -
Compression (how long the ball is in contact with the clubface.)
The manner in which the cover of the ball is distorted before it rebounds off the face. (The ball doesn't slide up the clubface as previously thought.)
The strike point on the face in relation to the centre of gravity of the club head.
The strike point on the ball in relation to the ball's centre of gravity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users