JazzyJeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationGreater Queanbeyan

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:57 PM

Hi ISGers

We're off on our annual family Gold Coast trip next week. I'm hoping to get two rounds in, hopefully at Palm Meadows and another decent track. After reliable and recent Intel.

Palm Meadows is the only 'big' public access course I haven't played so I'll probably end up revisiting somewhere. I liked both of the Palmer courses i previously played, but I hear they are not being maintained (surprise surprise).

Thanks

J

#2 The B T

The B T

Non Caring or Playing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1457 posts
  • LocationOuter circle

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:21 PM

Southport, Burleigh or any of the decent resorts - Glades, Hope, Lakelands

“I will put my b***s in your mouth. And I will give you some money to make you feel good.”

Just Counting my money. “I don’t care about that match point—would you care if you were 23 and worth over $10 million?”

Nothing is my fault!

I'm Granking!

#3 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 16457 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:34 PM

Hi ISGers

We're off on our annual family Gold Coast trip next week. I'm hoping to get two rounds in, hopefully at Palm Meadows and another decent track. After reliable and recent Intel.

Palm Meadows is the only 'big' public access course I haven't played so I'll probably end up revisiting somewhere. I liked both of the Palmer courses i previously played, but I hear they are not being maintained (surprise surprise).

Thanks

J

http://forums.iseekg...-2#entry1541704

http://forums.iseekg...-2#entry1624209

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#4 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43173 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:42 PM

Robina Woods has been maintained just fine
  • CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

2018 Nationals 4BBB Champion with Commish
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 2 round at Kooralbyn

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 3 round at Sanctuary Cove Pines
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#5 Never Trendy

Never Trendy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:48 PM

Lakelands is now public

#6 JazzyJeff

JazzyJeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:39 PM

Thanks all. I might do Robina Woods as well as Palm Meadows. Loved the layout.
  • Weetbix likes this

#7 JazzyJeff

JazzyJeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:44 PM

So I ended up playing Palm Meadows and the Glades. Palm Meadows in pretty good nick. Clubhouse and facilities looking a bit dated. Many social golfers of varying levels of competence and nobody in too much of a hurry. Had a good score going but the last hole got me.

The Glades was again a great experience and I made a mental note to just play there every Gold Coast trip. In light of the continuous waiting at Palm Meadows I took the second tee time booked through here, was allowed to play through on the second and ended up getting round in a touch over three hours. Quality Santa Ana fairways and well maintained bent greens. I'd happily play there three times a week if I lived local.
  • CaNadiAn MiCk, Weetbix and iRON MiCK like this

#8 madness

madness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:48 PM

So I ended up playing Palm Meadows and the Glades. Palm Meadows in pretty good nick. Clubhouse and facilities looking a bit dated. Many social golfers of varying levels of competence and nobody in too much of a hurry. Had a good score going but the last hole got me.

The Glades was again a great experience and I made a mental note to just play there every Gold Coast trip. In light of the continuous waiting at Palm Meadows I took the second tee time booked through here, was allowed to play through on the second and ended up getting round in a touch over three hours. Quality Santa Ana fairways and well maintained bent greens. I'd happily play there three times a week if I lived local.

As much as I hate getting up early on holidays the only way to enjoy those courses is in the first few groups.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users