4 replies to this topic

#1 ZigZag

ZigZag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

I didn't play golf for most of 2018 due to various commitments and a loss of desire for the game (caused by my lack of progress/improvement). 

I was invited to play 9 holes on Boxing day where I thoroughly "shamed" myself (and the game of golf). I executed 2 shots which I have not played in 2 decades and thought I was cured of them - a fresh air and a pop-up off the tee!

Another shot I played is what I call the "vanishing ball" shot where you hit the ball flush off the tee, making the perfect sound and you execute the perfect follow-through and you instantaneously imagine the ball sailing 200m+ straight down the fairway, only to discover that the ball is nowhere to be seen. I turn to my fellow hackers and ask hopefully "where the fnck did that go?" They all look at each other puzzled and reply in unison "fncked if I know". The ball simply vanishes on impact without a trace.

Well I went out at 6:00am on New Years day for 9 holes to try to redeem myself and am happy to report 2 pars, 3 missed par putts (plus a couple of triple bogeys to remind me not to give up my day job)) and I did NOT play any of the above mentioned shots.

"Golf Is Like Sex... When it's good, it's terrific. When it's bad, it's still pretty good."

• Commish, CaNadiAn MiCk and Weetbix like this

" The difference in golf and government is that in golf you cannot improve your lie "

#2 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 16107 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:52 PM

I didn't play golf for most of 2018 due to various commitments and a loss of desire for the game (caused by my lack of progress/improvement). 

I was invited to play 9 holes on Boxing day where I thoroughly "shamed" myself (and the game of golf). I executed 2 shots which I have not played in 2 decades and thought I was cured of them - a fresh air and a pop-up off the tee!

Another shot I played is what I call the "vanishing ball" shot where you hit the ball flush off the tee, making the perfect sound and you execute the perfect follow-through and you instantaneously imagine the ball sailing 200m+ straight down the fairway, only to discover that the ball is nowhere to be seen. I turn to my fellow hackers and ask hopefully "where the fnck did that go?" They all look at each other puzzled and reply in unison "fncked if I know". The ball simply vanishes on impact without a trace.

Well I went out at 6:00am on New Years day for 9 holes to try to redeem myself and am happy to report 2 pars, 3 missed par putts (plus a couple of triple bogeys to remind me not to give up my day job)) and I did NOT play any of the above mentioned shots.

"Golf Is Like Sex... When it's good, it's terrific. When it's bad, it's still pretty good."

Your playing partners didtn give you one of the vanishing exploding joke balls by chance?  Or  a few too many cocktails before teeing off maybe? ;)

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#3 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42906 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:05 AM

We've all had them

Along with the ball that you all see head right up the middle of the fairway but when you get up there it's disappeared
  • CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

2018 Nationals 4BBB Champion with Commish
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 2 round at Kooralbyn

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 3 round at Sanctuary Cove Pines
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#4 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:21 AM

Blame the crows! Those thieving pricks are notorious for collecting shiny new golf balls. 

I have been playing in a Vets contest. My group consisted of 3 blokes in the 65+ and me ( just less than 65) . They all hit about 150 m drives, straight and in the fairway. My occasional drive will fly 190-200m and direction, well variable. I had worked out why I was allocated my playing partners. I was the only one with decent long vision. I spent the day telling them where their drives went. I lost three balls that game. They had no idea where mine went.

• iRON MiCK likes this

#5 Mentor Tapia

Mentor Tapia

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 02:29 AM

Another shot I played is what I call the "vanishing ball" shot where you hit the ball flush off the tee, making the perfect sound and you execute the perfect follow-through and you instantaneously imagine the ball sailing 200m+ straight down the fairway, only to discover that the balls is nowhere to be seen. I turn to my fellow hackers and ask hopefully "where the fnck did that go?" They all look at each other puzzled and reply in unison "fncked if I know". The ball simply vanishes on impact without a trace.

No doubt Golf is like Sex dude  :lol:  :P

Edited by Mentor Tapia, 05 April 2019 - 02:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users