13 replies to this topic

#1 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

I bought this full set of Clubs from Drummond Golf almost 20 months ago. I have upgraded my golf set.

Driver, 3 wood, 22 degree hybrid, 4 Iron to Sand Wedge. The iron shafts are 1/2 inch longer than standard. PW and SW are 9 iron length. Good condition.

Bag and putter included, asking $550.

I can spell reasonably well, even if in American at times. I cannot type well , so please look for the key I intended to use within one key of the strange one I used.

#2 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24048 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:38 AM

I bought this full set of Clubs from Drummond Golf almost 20 months ago. I have upgraded my golf set.

Driver, 3 wood, 22 degree hybrid, 4 Iron to Sand Wedge. The iron shafts are 1/2 inch longer than standard. PW and SW are 9 iron length. Good condition.

Bag and putter included, asking $550.

Drummond’s are a rip off for shite gear
You won’t sell these at this price.
Try asking for $100 -$150
Half the Trentham dream team

#3 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:10 AM

Drummonds offer a range of golf sets from $400 through to $1300. Then there is the premium level golf clubs. The Power Bilt set were about $1150 and for most learners more than adequate.

Luckily I don't really need to or want to sell these clubs, so I won't be giving them away for $150. I  am just keeping the wife happy by offering them for sale.

If I can help out someone starting out like I was 18 months or so ago, I would part with them. For now , they are serving as my visitor clubs and I will take them with me when we caravan.

BTW I have a 52 and 60 degree wedge that I would toss in to sweeten the deal.

I can spell reasonably well, even if in American at times. I cannot type well , so please look for the key I intended to use within one key of the strange one I used.

#4 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24048 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:26 PM

The Power Bilt set were about $1150 and for most learners more than adequate.

Thanks for confirming Drummond’s ripped you off
“About $1150” for powerbuilt is waaaay over priced.
Cheap end gear at top end prices

#5 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:52 AM

I understand where you are coming from. I tried a set of cheap Callaways and Wilson Staff at a slightly higher price, but preferred the feel of the Power Bilt. The clubs got me from a 28 handicap to a 20 handicap. Funny how they perform better now than they did when I first bought them! Even thinking of hitting a high draw 200 m with the driver then was a pipe dream!

Power Bilt make a range of clubs too, from low end to better quality. Like all things made in China, they build them to the specifications supplied.

Retailers usual mark up is 100% or more. Drummonds provided a service and they gave me honest advice. They could have tried to up sell me to premium brands ( $3000+), but that would have been unscrupulous sales pressure. At the time I was uninformed about what I needed to get started and whether or not I was going to persist with the game. Sure I could have sourced clubs second hand that were better quality for $1000, but I didn't know how/where to do so. Plus clubs have a finite life span before they wear out. Is is better to buy a set of clubs say 4 years old that has been used three times a week, or a new set from a golf store outlet? 

You are right about wasting my time advertising on this site. I doubt many beginners are on here, but someone might know of a learner that needs some clubs. BTW I turned down a an offer of $350 last week.

• Weetbix likes this

#6 Fill the Dill

Fill the Dill

Mong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20821 posts
  • Location#teamgrank

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:30 AM

Power Bilt make a range of clubs too, from low end to better quality. Like all things made in China, they build them to the specifications supplied.

Retailers usual mark up is 100% or more. Drummonds provided a service and they gave me honest advice. They could have tried to up sell me to premium brands ( $3000+), but that would have been unscrupulous sales pressure.

Drummonds will always recommend you try a brand like Powerbilt, they make 40% plus margin on them.

With the premium brands after they usually have to price match they are lucky to make 25%.

I don’t blame Drummonds for this, they are a business.

They have KPIs they have to meet and margin is one of their main ones.

Don’t be fooled that they were being honest by not trying to sell you into a more expensive premium brand.

Edited by Fill the Dill, 24 January 2019 - 10:33 AM.

• koiom K. Asterisk* likes this

#7 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16263 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:27 PM

I played with a 6 handicapper a couple of months ago who had Power-built Clubs. He hit them OK. Good enough to break 80.

• Talart likes this

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 2.0 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#8 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5949 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:44 PM

I'm interested in the PW and SW being one inch longer than standard. That's different, got to be worth a few extra $$.
Mate, keep the set in case your handicap goes back out. Every self respecting golfer needs a few sets to fall back on. Having a replacement in the wings seems to give a new set incentive to do the right thing. Did you know that a new set becomes an old set after 27 rounds. That is the time to bring out the Powers. That wedge and sandy are a worry though.

Edited by Old Poppy, 24 January 2019 - 02:45 PM.

#9 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24048 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:46 PM

I understand where you are coming from. I tried a set of cheap Callaways and Wilson Staff at a slightly higher price, but preferred the feel of the Power Bilt. The clubs got me from a 28 handicap to a 20 handicap. Funny how they perform better now than they did when I first bought them! Even thinking of hitting a high draw 200 m with the driver then was a pipe dream!

Retailers usual mark up is 100% or more. Drummonds provided a service and they gave me honest advice. They could have tried to up sell me to premium brands ( $3000+), but that would have been unscrupulous sales pressure. At the time I was uninformed about what I needed to get started and whether or not I was going to persist with the game. Sure I could have sourced clubs second hand that were better quality for $1000, but I didn't know how/where to do so. Plus clubs have a finite life span before they wear out. Is is better to buy a set of clubs say 4 years old that has been used three times a week, or a new set from a golf store outlet?

You are right about wasting my time advertising on this site. I doubt many beginners are on here, but someone might know of a learner that needs some clubs. BTW I turned down a an offer of $350 last week.

Stick them on Oz golf mate. Thier gear moves waaay quicker than this place.
You should have taken the 3 fitty. Good luck with it.

Edited by Kiwi, 24 January 2019 - 02:47 PM.

#10 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24048 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:48 PM

I played with a 6 handicapper a couple of months ago who had Power-built Clubs. He hit them OK. Good enough to break 80.

You can comment when you play both 9’s
  • iRON MiCK and koiom K. Asterisk* like this

#11 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:16 PM

Ha Ha . I played with a medico once who told the same joke. When asked how many shots per round he shot , he replied 80. Then he added that he doubled that if he played the other 9 holes. He wasn't kidding!

BTW I sold them today for $450. The bloke didn't want the 52/60 and putter, so I guess I can flog them off later.

• Kiwi, Turfers Paradise, Weetbix and 1 other like this

#12 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

SOLD

#13 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16263 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:04 PM

You can comment when you play both 9’s

Cheers spade

• Kiwi likes this

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 2.0 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#14 Talart

Talart

Hit the ball, Find the ball, Hit the ball...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3966 posts
  • LocationThe Nail shop next to Golgotha

Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:25 PM

In May 2015, sold my regular/firm flex 2007 model citation fz1 Forged cavity back irons 4-pw. Were the clubs that were in my bag for winning the 2014 Club Handicap Championship. Got my handicap down to 9.8 using these. Upgraded irons to TM RSi 2's these I went on to win two club championships 2017 and 2018. I liked those irons and a couple of years later, purchased a new set of scotch blade Citation irons which have been a practise and social set.

Now with a good summer of practise and game improvement the Powerbilt Scotchblade Citations have gone into the game bag.

"Twelve-time PGA Tour Champion Fuzzy Zoeller worked closely with the PowerBilt research & development team. The result: premium PowerBilt Citation FZ1 clubs for serious players.

“I’ve had more success with PowerBilt than with any other clubs in my career,” said Zoeller, who rejoined the PowerBilt advisory staff earlier this year. “I’m back with PowerBilt, and PowerBilt is back in premium golf equipment with the new Citation FZ1’s.”

The FZ1 name honors the Masters, U.S Open, Senior PGA, and Ryder Cup champion Zoeller.

Edited by Talart, 02 March 2019 - 09:28 PM.

• Turfers Paradise likes this
Hit the ball, find the ball, hit the ball...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users