• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 A D Pep

A D Pep

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:00 PM

Hi, I'm a social golfer and I'm looking to play more golf, so that means a 7day/full membership at a course that doesn't require a second mortgage to join or is hard to get a spot on Saturday. Oxley, Gailes, McLeod and Pacific are the clubs I'm looking into but I've heard Pacific is hard to get a spot on Saturday. Has anyone heard any different or can members of the clubs shed some light, don't really want folk out and be in limbo waiting for a round. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • hack2489 likes this

#2 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3025 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:04 PM

Hi, I'm a social golfer and I'm looking to play more golf, so that means a 7day/full membership at a course that doesn't require a second mortgage to join or is hard to get a spot on Saturday. Oxley, Gailes, McLeod and Pacific are the clubs I'm looking into but I've heard Pacific is hard to get a spot on Saturday. Has anyone heard any different or can members of the clubs shed some light, don't really want folk out and be in limbo waiting for a round. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can't join Mcleod as a full member, its ladies only. If you are booking as a single player you can normally always find a spot at most clubs. Just have to book on time.

• hack2489 likes this

#3 Pigskin

Pigskin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationThe Piggery

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:27 PM

Hi A D Pep,

I think all of those courses are pretty full on a Saturday, but if you remain a single player and especially if you are happy to play in the slots that aren't exactly prime time, like mid morning, you will always find a spot.

The early tee times go fast when the booking sheets open.

I think what Robinator said above is no longer the case about McLeod.  A long time ago only women could be members, but think that has changed.  A quick phone call would confirm or deny.

My advice would be to pick the course you like the best, join there.  Remain a single player for a short time and pick off the loose spots until you meet some members you like.  Then you can book as a group.

Cheers

• hack2489 likes this

Winner - of the NAGA Award - 2013 ISG National Championships :(

Winner - Biggest Head as measured at the 2013 ISG National Chamionships ... Official. 

Winner - National Putting Champion 2016.

https://www.golf.org...icap/4010320014

President of

http://www.brisbanef...socialgolf.com/

http://www.indooroop...ome/index.mhtml

#4 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3025 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 01:15 PM

Hi A D Pep,

I think all of those courses are pretty full on a Saturday, but if you remain a single player and especially if you are happy to play in the slots that aren't exactly prime time, like mid morning, you will always find a spot.

The early tee times go fast when the booking sheets open.

I think what Robinator said above is no longer the case about McLeod.  A long time ago only women could be members, but think that has changed.  A quick phone call would confirm or deny.

My advice would be to pick the course you like the best, join there.  Remain a single player for a short time and pick off the loose spots until you meet some members you like.  Then you can book as a group.

Cheers

Incorrect Mr Bacon, as per Mcleod website "Fellows" as they call us wang bearers have different pricing structure for membership and no voting rights.

• hack2489 likes this

#5 A D Pep

A D Pep

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:25 PM

Cheers for all the responses, I've decided on McLeod as a mate has recently became a member. Gateway membership $950 for the first year.
  • CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

#6 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43171 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:34 AM

Enjoy

Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

2018 Nationals 4BBB Champion with Commish
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 2 round at Kooralbyn

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 3 round at Sanctuary Cove Pines
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users