• PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:51 PM

council block development of site

developer doesnt buy land

Rossdale dont get money from land sale

Rossdale doesnt have money to buy Capital

Rossdale struggle to survive.

There are of course two steps before council can block development. First is to find a developer. Second is for the developer to make an application.

Time is against the plan. Unless someone gets a wriggle on Rossdale is more likely to be forced to seek emergency assistance or vacate their site.

Titleist Performance Institute Certified

forrestgardener.wordpress.com
Golflink

#797 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8793 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:18 PM

Not the Club Captain .. sorry to disappoint.
Some very bitter posters on here. The Dill, Pegasus , Kokhead Kiwi to mention a few.
You are all keyboard warriors who can’t hold their tongues & fingers.
Patience my dear followers

Oh precious really...
You are the one digging a very large hole and either refusing or being incapable of answering some really straight forward questions...
Wake up to yourself and look at the longterm damage you are doing to both clubs in this instance.... or maybe just put your head in the sand and hope that it will all be better when you pull it out...
  • Forrest Gardener likes this

VTTP 006

#798 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18339 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:27 AM

Yet again the Spud can't answer simple questions put to him.

It seems like I'm hitting the ball out of the park every time I post.

Generally, criminals are not known for their intelligence. Is the whole Rossdale saga actually a plan to get control of the land by some not too bright locals.

I'm actually looking forward to the club's demise so we can see the next part of the saga. As Spud says, be patient.

who would want to be on Rossdale's BoM ? Not sure if D&O liability insurance covers people being stupid or not. I'm sure it doesn't cover criminal behaviour.
Shanklink

OOM Tour
I am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide Tour
Winner 2017 Keysborough Invitational

Choppers Tour
Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine
Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#799 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14538 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:27 AM

Yet again the Spud can't answer simple questions put to him.

It seems like I'm hitting the ball out of the park every time I post.

Generally, criminals are not known for their intelligence. Is the whole Rossdale saga actually a plan to get control of the land by some not too bright locals.

I'm actually looking forward to the club's demise so we can see the next part of the saga. As Spud says, be patient.

who would want to be on Rossdale's BoM ? Not sure if D&O liability insurance covers people being stupid or not. I'm sure it doesn't cover criminal behaviour.

Geezuz Moulds... were you up all night out of concern for Spades plight??  You're a caring fellow. ^_^

• CaNadiAn MiCk and Bluethunda like this

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER
2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.
2018 ISG National Champs Top 10 Finish & 4BBB Champion with Weetie.  

Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

#teamgrank devotee

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#800 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4735 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:44 AM

One of the people I spoke to on the weekend suggested that it was their understanding that the Capital negotiation would take up to 5 years.  There is a small section of land over which the developer they are currently in a relationship with has first option.  It was their understanding that this small section of land would be sold within the next 10 months to stave off the end and to allow the negotiation with Capital to go forward.  From recall, this understanding doesn't seem to have been reflected in the resolution that was voted on before Christmas so the member might have misunderstood, but it certainly would at least be practically achievable given the 10 month timeline that was flagged.

• CaNadiAn MiCk and Forrest Gardener like this

Golflink

Winner C Grade Long Drive 2013 OOM #2 Heidelberg

Winner B Grade Long Drive 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Winner B Grade NTP 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#801 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14538 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:04 PM

Not much sense in having first option on a parcel of land that in the end will not be utilised unless the rest of the course gets rezoned for residential.  I suppose the developer may be prepared to wait up to 5 years in the hope that there are massive changes to council members and a rethink on their current practices.  But one would think any developer would want a better indication of his outlay paying future dividends than a possible maybe.  Capital may also get a better option in that time frame as well.  The wheel just keeps on spinning.

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.

#teamgrank devotee

#802 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18339 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:26 PM

One of the people I spoke to on the weekend suggested that it was their understanding that the Capital negotiation would take up to 5 years.  There is a small section of land over which the developer they are currently in a relationship with has first option.  It was their understanding that this small section of land would be sold within the next 10 months to stave off the end and to allow the negotiation with Capital to go forward.  From recall, this understanding doesn't seem to have been reflected in the resolution that was voted on before Christmas so the member might have misunderstood, but it certainly would at least be practically achievable given the 10 month timeline that was flagged.

Why wouldn't the developer let them fall over first. Then the council and planning minister has to show their hands and maybe there will be a fire sale with approvals
Shanklink

OOM Tour
I am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide Tour
Winner 2017 Keysborough Invitational

Choppers Tour
Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine
Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#803 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4735 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:36 PM

Not much sense in having first option on a parcel of land that in the end will not be utilised unless the rest of the course gets rezoned for residential.  I suppose the developer may be prepared to wait up to 5 years in the hope that there are massive changes to council members and a rethink on their current practices.  But one would think any developer would want a better indication of his outlay paying future dividends than a possible maybe.  Capital may also get a better option in that time frame as well.  The wheel just keeps on spinning.

Apparently the same developer already purchased a small lot of land from Rossdale some years ago and has developed it.  So he might be prepared to take a punt on another small lot on the edge of the course or might have an indication that they are likely to approve that for development even if they say no to the rest of the course.

FWIW, if push came to shove, I think that the council would take a different position in relation to the RGC land and would permit development.  It is literally just next door to extensive existing wetlands which are never going to be developed and will remain recreational land, so there is no real argument that it is necessary to retain recreational facilities. And you'd have to think that all of those new ratepayers would be a fairly attractive proposition rather than a golf course going broke.

It will, however, take forever for them to turn around on it, and they would want to make sure that any other potential golf course re-zonings were dealt with before they permitted it.

• Commish and Forrest Gardener like this

Golflink

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#804 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4735 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:41 PM

Why wouldn't the developer let them fall over first. Then the council and planning minister has to show their hands and maybe there will be a fire sale with approvals

I don't know what sort of corporate structure Rossdale operates under, but if the club falls over, the developer would be dealing with a liquidator rather than the council.  And while sometimes you get a steep discount on a liquidator's sale, I expect any external administrator would be happy to take their time with the negotiation and spend some of that money coming in.

Golflink

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#805 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24034 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:04 PM

Speaking of smaller.
Hi.

Hello opussum
  • Fill the Dill likes this
Half the Trentham dream team

#806 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24034 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:05 PM

Board do bad. They go to court.

And spud head too?

#807 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24034 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:14 PM

Spade
I am checking with you because

Please read the article again it clearly says 
quote: 1
The Kingswood decision rested on the Kingston Golf Course Policy and on the strong Special Use Zone (schedule 1): this would/should also stop any subdivision or development other than golf on Rossdale: The link to SUZ is:http://planning-sche...mes/…/37_01.pdf

quote 2
State MLA Martin Pakula submitted along similar lines: powerful precedents that the Rossdale board should not expect any support from the Government in overturning a Council refusal. 

would you agree that council decision holds key to this whole outcome. Y or N

I just asked have you had any luck in negotiations with the council or state MP's. Yes or No

Your dealing with a bubbler here mate.
To busy swallowing to come up for air.

#808 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24034 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:16 PM

I may have to go to this joint and froth the bunkers up
  • Snappy McSnapperton and Fill the Dill like this

#809 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14538 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

Apparently the same developer already purchased a small lot of land from Rossdale some years ago and has developed it.  So he might be prepared to take a punt on another small lot on the edge of the course or might have an indication that they are likely to approve that for development even if they say no to the rest of the course.

FWIW, if push came to shove, I think that the council would take a different position in relation to the RGC land and would permit development.  It is literally just next door to extensive existing wetlands which are never going to be developed and will remain recreational land, so there is no real argument that it is necessary to retain recreational facilities. And you'd have to think that all of those new ratepayers would be a fairly attractive proposition rather than a golf course going broke.

It will, however, take forever for them to turn around on it, and they would want to make sure that any other potential golf course re-zonings were dealt with before they permitted it.

Thanks Deege.  You're not even a member but provide a more rational response with alternate possibilities that may or may not be of consideration down the track than Spade. 

#teamgrank devotee

#810 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37038 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:01 PM

I may have to go to this joint and froth the bunkers up

Is that anything like pissing in them?
  • Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
  • Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
  • Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012
  • Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
  • Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
  • Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013
  • Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013
  • Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015
  • Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015
  • Eagle - Par 4 - 3rd at Long Reef GC (NSW) - 18/9/2018
  • Eagle - Par 5 - 8th at Cape Schanck GC - 18/3/2019
  • Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015
  • Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015
  • Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016
  • Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event
  • Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016
  • Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016
  • Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016
  • Best stroke score OTS - 77 - Gardiners Run GC - 11/11/2018
  • Captains Trophy winner (VPGC) - 2018
  •  
  • "If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman
  • http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351<p>
  • Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users