Photo

Practice Balls, Woh Woh Woooh Woh, What Are They Good For?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 12shoc

12shoc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:45 AM

Absolutely nothing? :P

Okay, so as Ive mentioned in some previous posts I'm finally getting back into the game after and extended lay off due to a knee injury. Physio is going a lot better than I expected and so I'm looking at hitting the course for the first time in 3 years in just over a week.

In the meantime I've been looking at doing some practice in the back garden. Just to try and get some reassurance that I wont top or airswing for 18holes. :P

I bought some of the plastic "holey" practice balls and it got me thinking, "Is there anything I can do with these to get more out of my give up practice?

Are they only good for chipping into a bucket? Or Could I "drive" them into a net or the back fence? Could they give me any feedback interms of hitting down my target line? Slicing? etc? 

Does anyone have any thoughts/tips or am I barking up the wrong tree?

• Forrest Gardener likes this

#2 The B T

The B T

Non Caring or Playing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1454 posts
  • LocationOuter circle

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:32 AM

If its not too late, try to grab some of the foam practice balls, they actually give you some feel of contact and are ok to chip around.

• 12shoc likes this

“I will put my b***s in your mouth. And I will give you some money to make you feel good.”

Just Counting my money. “I don’t care about that match point—would you care if you were 23 and worth over $10 million?”

Nothing is my fault!

I'm Granking!

#3 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42704 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:23 PM

The foam ones react to side spin too - I suspect they bend more than a real ball but it’s good feedback

They can fly a decent distance though so you need space or something to hit them in to
  • 12shoc likes this

Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

2018 Nationals 4BBB Champion with Commish
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 2 round at Kooralbyn

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 3 round at Sanctuary Cove Pines
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#4 12shoc

12shoc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:29 PM

Will give the foams a try. There is a 10foot fence in my give up that I can hit into so should be fine. Might even chalk up a channel on the fence and/or chalk up the foam balls to practice hitting down the line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users