59 replies to this topic

#31 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3797 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:25 PM

In TGM it’s referred to as Pressure Point #3. A great way to mange length and direction on those critical approach shots. It’s the feel we all are striving for but never quite master. The old TGM gurus could tell you a lot about PP#3, it’s a shame they are no longer here.

From my experience, I have found that when I shank, its nearly always due to a flawed right arm/hand action, where the right dominates the left.

lose the pressure and voila you have flip,most of your communication skills are in your right hand (righties)

• Jack_Golfer likes this
I am NOT a teacher, coach.
Iam a LEARNER
What I post here is either from the book,OR what I have learnt from it.
You dont like it..fine....dont read it ....SIMPLE

#32 AlanKgolf

AlanKgolf

Suspect

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:14 PM

Probably been done before, I don't know. What are peoples thoughts on the single plane swing as performed (is that the right description?) by Moe Norman? 

I have tried the Moe Norman swing taught by Graves. It was uncomfortable as they make you copy every move that Moe made including standing the exact same distance from the ball as he did and with a really wide stance. I am much taller than Moe was so it does not make sense to setup and swing exactly like he did.

It never felt comfortable to keep my back foot flat on the ground through impact either and I lost a lot of distance with the swing. Luckily I found Kirk Junge who was mentioned in this discussion. He used to teach for Graves and he gives away the swing on youtube and his website for free. You have to pay if you want his feedback which was helpful to me. https://single-plane-golf-swing.com/ is the site with the free Single Plane golf swing learning videos. His other site is https://learninggolf.tv He does not make you keep your foot flat through impact and he also allows for a lot of individual flexibility in the setup and swing. I also mix in some conventional ideas and it seems to work well trying to use my legs and body much like Paul Wilson advocates along with many others. I feel that just my setup is different and the rest of the swing feels pretty conventional.

• madness likes this

#33 efdeel

efdeel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:35 PM

I swing single plane for years, or at least my swing inspired by Moe Norman.

SPS was great for me. Love it, thanks Moe.

My pitch shot:

Edited by efdeel, 21 November 2019 - 05:39 PM.

• efdeel likes this

Driver : MacGregor Mactec NVG.............(2005 model, cheapest forgiving driver that I can bought)

3 Wood : Ena Golf...................................(?year? cheap one but I like the impact)

7 Wood : XXIO.........................................(2005 model, from my dad)

5 Rescue : Tourstage ViQ........................(2008 model)

Irons : XXIO MP200.................................(2003 model, from my dad)

Wedge : Cleveland Becu 56 deg.............(cheapest old wedge that I can bought)

#34 Bogey Golfer

Bogey Golfer

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10214 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:28 AM

I swing single plane for years, or at least my swing inspired by Moe Norman.

SPS was great for me. Love it, thanks Moe.

My pitch shot:

why practice chipping over a table,

I haven't seen many courses which have holes with tables near green, where one could use such a shot.

best practice real golf shots like will get on the course.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#35 efdeel

efdeel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:20 PM

why practice chipping over a table,
I haven't seen many courses which have holes with tables near green, where one could use such a shot.

best practice real golf shots like will get on the course.

I agree....at the end, the real measurement is our score card.

Sure I am going there, maybe a range session first.

Driver : MacGregor Mactec NVG.............(2005 model, cheapest forgiving driver that I can bought)

3 Wood : Ena Golf...................................(?year? cheap one but I like the impact)

Wedge : Cleveland Becu 56 deg.............(cheapest old wedge that I can bought)

#36 efdeel

efdeel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 04:46 PM

My latest single plane driving session:

I was happy with the result. Bad camera angle because I fotget to bring my gopro & Tripod.

Edited by efdeel, 26 December 2019 - 04:47 PM.

• efdeel likes this

#37 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3797 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:23 PM

is it the camera angle or is yr stance line closed?

• efdeel likes this
Iam a LEARNER

#38 efdeel

efdeel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 07:58 PM

It was the camera angle. My stance line was straight to the target.

sorry my camera angle was bad. I just put the camera on top of my bag and leave it. I was more focus to the swing practice.

I will do better next time, since now I can swing better, so I have more time and more confident around people there to set the camera.

Edited by efdeel, 26 December 2019 - 08:11 PM.

• BROWNMAN and efdeel like this

#39 Bogey Golfer

Bogey Golfer

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10214 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:54 AM

My latest single plane driving session:

I was happy with the result.

Bad camera angle because I fotget to bring my gopro & Tripod.

Not sure I understand your objective here, and what you are trying to achieve.

(when is a golf swing on 2 or 3 different planes anyway.)

rather than worrying about swing plane, looking at these swings IMO your bigger problem in controlling the golf ball is your balance is not good through and after impact with all the clubs and worse with 3 woods,(have a look again, you fall forward onto your toes, or leave weight on back foot on 2nd or 3rd swing)

best drill to improve balance is hit balls with feet together.

with a 70 % power wedge to begin, then with a 7 iron, and finally with a 3w.

(yes a 3w with feet together)

you will get reasonable good distance, but thats not the goal. This drill will train you to swing in balance & tempo and learn to hit ball solid.(if you swing with no tempo you will loose balance)

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

#40 efdeel

efdeel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 09:51 AM

Not sure I understand your objective here, and what you are trying to achieve.
(when is a golf swing on 2 or 3 different planes anyway.)

rather than worrying about swing plane, looking at these swings IMO your bigger problem in controlling the golf ball is your balance is not good through and after impact with all the clubs and worse with 3 woods,(have a look again, you fall forward onto your toes, or leave weight on back foot on 2nd or 3rd swing)

best drill to improve balance is hit balls with feet together.

with a 70 % power wedge to begin, then with a 7 iron, and finally with a 3w.

(yes a 3w with feet together)

you will get reasonable good distance, but thats not the goal. This drill will train you to swing in balance & tempo and learn to hit ball solid.(if you swing with no tempo you will loose balance)

Thank you for the input. will try the drill.

I highlighted the word TEMPO....next practice I will consider BALANCE and TEMPO.

I never consider TEMPO in my practives....but when I watch other good player hit the ball, I watch their nice TEMPO. Will consider it next time, thanks for the input.

#41 efdeel

efdeel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:50 AM

may I ask something? how come a bogey golfer win all those tournaments? .....jusk kidding :) I admire your record there.

#42 madness

madness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:06 PM

The problem is that you aren't hingeing the club with your hands properly so you can't push into the ball with your legs. This is why you are coming up on your toes and not turning well. 

#43 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3797 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 08:23 PM

Thank you for the input. will try the drill.

I highlighted the word TEMPO....next practice I will consider BALANCE and TEMPO.

I never consider TEMPO in my practives....but when I watch other good player hit the ball, I watch their nice TEMPO. Will consider it next time, thanks for the input.

afdeel,are you swinging or are you using r/arm to push the ball....?

Iam a LEARNER

#44 333pg333

333pg333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 08:57 PM

Looks to me that you don't have enough flex in knees. Especially the right one. Legs are a bit too straight. Right leg comes up and out too early and both of these factors are causing you to lose balance. I think you need to try and flex the knees more and let them work as a form of suspension while rotating back and through. This will help you retain balance on the follow through. Sure, they can fire a little later in the swing but that's what I saw. Too hard with camera angle to see the rest of the swing. 

Edited by 333pg333, 27 December 2019 - 08:59 PM.

#45 efdeel

efdeel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 09:44 PM

The problem is that you aren't hingeing the club with your hands properly so you can't push into the ball with your legs. This is why you are coming up on your toes and not turning well. 

yup, I should create lag (hingering) and swing the club to the ball ....not push, pull or else

afdeel,are you swinging or are you using r/arm to push the ball....?

I think I was more push the ball with my left arm...which is not correct

Right now, I practice at home, and correcting that, I should swing the club, effortlessly snap swing

Looks to me that you don't have enough flex in knees. Especially the right one. Legs are a bit too straight. Right leg comes up and out too early and both of these factors are causing you to lose balance. I think you need to try and flex the knees more and let them work as a form of suspension while rotating back and through. This will help you retain balance on the follow through. Sure, they can fire a little later in the swing but that's what I saw. Too hard with camera angle to see the rest of the swing. 

Yup, right now I correct my foot work too (practice at home)

Maybe in a week or so, I will update the result in a range session..

Edited by efdeel, 27 December 2019 - 09:45 PM.

• BROWNMAN likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users